Type O visa in Boston based on marriage?

I will be needing my second Type O visa based on marriage at about the time I am in Boston. Are there any reports of getting one there? No, I don't have the money in the bank to show but it would certainly be easier than going to Laos once I get back to Thailand. I have gotten a multiple entry B there in the past.

As for multiple entry vs. single entry visas I have always obtained mulitple entry visas thinking I would lose the visa if I had to leave the country on only a single entry. But stupid me, am I correct now in understanding that one must simply obtain a re-entry permit (at a certain cost) to keep the visa?

But if I must do a border run every 90 days...it would be easier and more economical to get a multi?

...multiple thank yous.

They will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. You should not need financial proof.

If you have a 90 day entry from a single entry visa you can get a re-entry permit that will keep the entry valid. It gives no extra time.

Ubon Joe thank you for the quick reply. In regard to single entry/multi entry, I am referring to a 1 year single entry visa (there is such a thing, correct?). If so, how do the 90 day visa runs work? Hmm, I must be missing something...it doesn't make sense.

There are no one year single entry visas of the type you are seeking.

A a one year multi entry visa allows a ninety day stay on each occasion that Thailand is entered whilst the visa is valid.

You must leave at the end of each ninety day period, enter another country and return to get another 90 day stay from the visa.

Yes yes I've had many multi B visas over the years, I know the 90 day drill well. I never gave the single entry visa a thought as I was always coming and going and the multi entry was necessary. Now that my situation has changed and I have no need to leave Thailand on a regular basis I was just wondering if it made sense to get a single entry. Isn't there often the check box at the top of the form asking if you want a single or a multi?

Yes yes I've had many multi B visas over the years, I know the 90 day drill well. I never gave the single entry visa a thought as I was always coming and going and the multi entry was necessary. Now that my situation has changed and I have no need to leave Thailand on a regular basis I was just wondering if it made sense to get a single entry. Isn't there often the check box at the top of the form asking if you want a single or a multi?

If you are seeking a single entry non "O" visa it will allow one entry of ninety days following which you have to leave.

The form does ask if a single/multiple entry visa is being requested.

• Like 1

If you don't want to leave every 90 days you should apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at an immigration office. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You would only need a single entry non-o visa if you want to apply for it.

• Like 1

The Consulate General in Boston is very friendly and their office is very efficient. Located by The Bell in Hand pub and just around the corner from Ye Olde Oyster House. The woman secretary there is great. Bring along a copy of your marriage certificate maybe if it is your first time using them and doing a marriage O visa. Otherwise you'll need at least one passport photo, fill in the form, and pay the fee. I've been using them for 15 years now. No muss, no fuss. The marriage O visa is a multi entry. Which works out better for you if you find you need to leave Thailand for any reason. Just pack your bag and go... no need for permission or other visa baloney. You can come and go as you please during the year the visa is good for. Step out over a border crossing every 90 days and come back in. The only downside is it'll cost you around 1500 baht in fees each time, and your time that day for doing the crossing. Also the Marriage O visa only needs 400,000 baht for your money shown compared to 800,000 baht to show for a retiree visa, and you can get one if legally married to a Thai no matter what age you are.

• Like 1

The Consulate General in Boston is very friendly and their office is very efficient. Located by The Bell in Hand pub and just around the corner from Ye Olde Oyster House. The woman secretary there is great. Bring along a copy of your marriage certificate maybe if it is your first time using them and doing a marriage O visa. Otherwise you'll need at least one passport photo, fill in the form, and pay the fee. I've been using them for 15 years now. No muss, no fuss. The marriage O visa is a multi entry. Which works out better for you if you find you need to leave Thailand for any reason. Just pack your bag and go... no need for permission or other visa baloney. You can come and go as you please during the year the visa is good for. Step out over a border crossing every 90 days and come back in. The only downside is it'll cost you around 1500 baht in fees each time, and your time that day for doing the crossing. Also the Marriage O visa only needs 400,000 baht for your money shown compared to 800,000 baht to show for a retiree visa, and you can get one if legally married to a Thai no matter what age you are.

This is at odds with the numerous reports here at Thai Visa that honorary consulates (of which Boston is one) are no longer allowed to issue any "O" Visas but are limited to Tourist Visas only

This is at odds with the numerous reports here at Thai Visa that honorary consulates (of which Boston is one) are no longer allowed to issue any "O" Visas but are limited to Tourist Visas only

There have been no reports that I can recall of the honorary consulates in the states not being able to issue non-o visas. The only reports that I can recall are for the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There have been no reports that I can recall of the honorary consulates in the states not being able to issue non-o visas. The only reports that I can recall are for the UK.

My bad, honorary consulates have been prohibited from issuing O-A visas