Cheap Hotels In Bangkok

Hanuman2547

I'm arriving at 0100 in the morning during Songkran and figure that by the time I get through customs with my bags it might be almost 0200. Any suggestions on some inexpensive places to stay? Don't want Khao San Road as I'm not a backpacker.

Will also be looking at other places in Bangkok to stay after that first night there.

How cheap and where would narrow the search? In the 600bht range try Sukumvit Soi 1. The First Street Lodge is newly renovated and across the street Golden Palace has some newly done rooms as well. Short walk to Nana Plaza and sky train.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a little late to help you, but for other people who are interested....I found that the KT Guesthouse to be a very resonable place to stay for around 500 baht a night. It is close to the airport (15-20 minutes) , very helpful staff and good information on getting around to the sights in BKK. Small restraunt to get your morning meal, and internet access for a small fee.

They have a rack on the front counter with tourist sights written on little slips of paper... you just take with you with directions. They will also write direction in Thai for you if you need to show taxi driver. A beautiful pool is located at the rear of the GH is a bonus! :o

Their internet site is full of information and is a good place for the person just coming to BKK to learn about getting around.

Its in a residential area with a local market just a few blocks away. http://www.ktguesthouse.com