Any decent used car websites in Thailand?

rjcampbe

I'm looking for a car in BKK and have been searching for a decent website that I can use to search and narrow my options a bit and locate cars to go see.

Looking for the usual search functionality, but need a site that:

1) Is in English and ACTUALLY WORKS in English

2) That actually HAS cars listed on it. Many I have found have little or no inventory.

3) That actually HAS CARS THAT ARE STILL FOR SALE (I can't believe how many I've found where the cars sold a year ago... but there are no dates in the ads and they are still listed like available inventory.)

I'm aware of the TVF classifieds and I'm looking there... but I need a wider selection, better search functionality, and I will be financing the car, so I would prefer to go to a dealer rather than private party.

Not interested in opinions about whether Thailand cars are more corrupt that the ones in your home country, or whether or not it is Taksin's fault that the websites suck, or any other cute TVF quips...

If you can't offer a helpful suggestion, please save us both time and just move to the next thread. wai2.gif

Thanks.

Try th.priceprice.com it covers all the other suspects thaicar, one2car etc.. It is in thai but has easy icons and some english. As usual there are some old ads.. No real shining light in the second hand car market.. This seems about the best.. The is also OLX (kaideedotcom)

Try th.priceprice.com it covers all the other suspects thaicar, one2car etc.. It is in thai but has easy icons and some english. As usual there are some old ads.. No real shining light in the second hand car market.. This seems about the best.. The is also OLX (kaideedotcom)

fast2car.com is worth a look also.

I'm interested in a used pickup and didn't see any on priceprice.

Baht&Sold is pretty good but do beware of the "agent-mafia" Thai gangsters that use these sites to extort money from unsuspecting buyers and sellers on the pretext that they "found" the vehicle/customer on your behalf.

I currently have our pick-up advertised and have had a demand of 5,000 Baht if a certain Mr. A buys my vehicle and have heard from Mr. A that a demand (with threats of extreme violence) of 30,000 Baht has been made of him if he buys our vehicle.

Welcome to the Thai way of car trading...................

Siam Motor World
www.siammotorworld.com/

Siam Motor World Servicing the motoring needs of Expats in Thailand. We are a Bangkok based company run by a British and a Thai manager who have nearly ...

Thoroughly recommend there guys. They're still helping me out over 12 months after purchase.

No association with this company other than a very happy customer.

PM me if you need any further info re them.

Cheers..... Mal.

Siam Motor World

www.siammotorworld.com/

Siam Motor World Servicing the motoring needs of Expats in Thailand. We are a Bangkok based company run by a British and a Thai manager who have nearly ...

Thoroughly recommend there guys. They're still helping me out over 12 months after purchase.

No association with this company other than a very happy customer.

PM me if you need any further info re them.

Cheers..... Mal.

2nd that....just bought a car last month from him and very happy with car and the handling of the purchase. Not huge inventory but I believe they also offer 'check up' services if you don't know about a car and want to have a second (mostly more knowledgeable) opinion (against a fee of course). Maybe also worth to give him a shout and tell him what you are looking for...

Seems like a peculiar way of asking for (demanding) help....critical of people before you even get your first reply.

Been around the forum long enough to know that if you post "how is the weather today?" the discussion ends in TS is the anit-christ, Red this, Yellow that, Corruption, Graft and the BIB along with all manner of conspiracy theories.

And there is no demand or criticism in my post... just a request that people stay on topic with a constructive response. But yet... you just couldn't resist post making a snide comments at the OP... Kind of making my point for me. wai2.gif

Seems like a peculiar way of asking for (demanding) help....critical of people before you even get your first reply.

Been around the forum long enough to know that if you post "how is the weather today?" the discussion ends in TS is the anit-christ, Red this, Yellow that, Corruption, Graft and the BIB along with all manner of conspiracy theories.

And there is no demand or criticism in my post... just a request that people stay on topic with a constructive response. But yet... you just couldn't resist post making a snide comments at the OP... Kind of making my point for me. wai2.gif

Not really. He's made the point most people think.

The guy's just being realistic about many of the immature posters here on tv.com. In fact, the very first response was a smart ass.

The thing is, you are in Thailand and most people speak and write in Thai so if you want a decent website, you are going to have to find some friend who is fluent in Thai to help you. If you only want English sites, be prepared to pay more and have a very limited selection.

The thing is, you are in Thailand and most people speak and write in Thai so if you want a decent website, you are going to have to find some friend who is fluent in Thai to help you. If you only want English sites, be prepared to pay more and have a very limited selection.

Totally agree... that's why I hoped someone else had a similar problem and might have come across at least a decent site in English... but ultimately I have gone the way you suggested... searching in thai.

No idea. Helpful enough for you?

I don't know about the OP but I found your comment very helpful. I admire that you took the time to be helpful and didn't respond in a less-than-helpful way to a topic you had no interest in. I am looking forward to your next helpful post. Cheers!

No.

Next question?

tongue.png

Just couldn't help yourself, could you?

It's a fact smile.png Show me a single website that has inventory worth talking about that caters to an English speaking audience.

Whats so hard to navigate a Thai website like taladrod.com or one2car.com?

You want up to date inventory and local pricing, this is what you get, a local website.

taladrod.com has small inventory but I notice it is updated more frequently than listings on one2car.com

No.

Next question?

tongue.png

Just couldn't help yourself, could you?

It's a fact smile.png Show me a single website that has inventory worth talking about that caters to an English speaking audience.

Whats so hard to navigate a Thai website like taladrod.com or one2car.com?

You want up to date inventory and local pricing, this is what you get, a local website.

taladrod.com has small inventory but I notice it is updated more frequently than listings on one2car.com

Nothing :)

I'm not the one looking for an EN-specific cars website :)