Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

Defense no longer want DNA tested, (another news source)

http://news.sky.com/story/1539622/mother-sobs-over-backpacker-murder-re-enactment

After reading the article I think the defense is correct in their assumptions. They have no control over the process. With this in mind the retesting could just solidify the prosecutions case.

Elgordo,

The problem with the Sky report is its factually lacking in substance. Read the full report from Sarah Yuan who is at the trial. I have included a link and a few paragraphs to get your teeth into.

Quotes:

Mr Chomphuchat said:

“We think the case we have built is strong enough on its own.”

Fresh DNA samples were taken from the two defendants in the court on Tuesday of this week. The test results on those samples is being returned directly to the defence team.

“We need to give this information to our experts so they can use it to do their own analysis,” said Mr Chomphuchat. The lawyer did not elaborate on what analysis might be carried out on those samples, or what they might be tested against.

Mr Chomphuchat said that the alleged murder weapon, a garden hoe, which had never been properly forensically examined by police, and some clothing found at the scene, had already been retested by government forensic officers but no results had yet been forwarded to the defence lawyers.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/defence_team_reverse_demands_to_retest_dna_found_on_body_of_hannah_witheridge_1_4204183

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it before, Take these men to the Border and turn them loose, then get on with finding the Thai or Farang who did this foul deed !!

It's suspected that the b2 have been framed and tortured. They have certainly been imprisoned and accused around the world of being murderers and rapists.

Being set free like a couple of unwanted pet bunny rabbits isn't enough.

What kind of compensation would a wealthy Thai get in this case?

No justice in Thailand.

Edited by simonuk

I have said it before, Take these men to the Border and turn them loose, then get on with finding the Thai or Farang who did this foul deed !!

It's suspected that the b2 have been framed and tortured. They have certainly been imprisoned and accused around the world of being murderers and rapists.

No justice in Thailand.

So we could set up a fund for the B2 to help them and their families restore their lives to some degree once they are proven to be innocent.

Speaking of tragedies as the this thread is about,

here is a link to the RTP regarding their proficiency in investigating

and performing forensic operations and keeping the Thai public informed!.gigglem.gif

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2015/08/21/thai-junta-turning-tragedy-to-farce/

I see no difference in the RTP's ability to investigate a murder and their ability to enforce law and order on the highways...

That is incompetence, lack of equipment, laziness, corruption and racial discrimination.

And that's the good points. How about, arrogance, greed, immoral, violent, intransigent, and liars. But it would be wrong of me to tar all RTP with the same brush. As in any society, there are those who would uphold the law and be pleasant about it, who would not accept bribes, and be decent family men.

I agree not all are, in actual fact most are not, but unfortunately like a chain they are only as strong as the weakest link.

No justice in Thailand.

So we could set up a fund for the B2 to help them and their families restore their lives to some degree once they are proven to be innocent.
That would certainly help them but why take away the responsibility from the authorities to act properly? Edited by simonuk

This new thread slipped under my radar. I can't bring myself to read all 17 pages, but if anyone is feeling in a sharing mood, would they be able to pinpoint any new tidbits that I wasn't aware of 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I have seen that the defence team has stated it no longer requires the DNA testing.

Regards.

No justice in Thailand.

That would certainly help them but why take away the responsibility from the authorities to act properly?

I can't personally see the authorities starting to act responsibly in the foreseeable future if what has gone on in the last year is anything to go by. I would like to show my support for the future lives of the B2 if they are found innocent, just as many did by supporting the Witheridge family in their hour of need by donating £15,000. The B2 have nothing monetarily I imagine compared to them.

This new thread slipped under my radar. I can't bring myself to read all 17 pages, but if anyone is feeling in a sharing mood, would they be able to pinpoint any new tidbits that I wasn't aware of 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I have seen that the defence team has stated it no longer requires the DNA testing.

Regards.

Bahhhhh. .. suffer like the rest of us... LOL.

Just read the last 3 pages and u will be sorted.

Regards.

Bahhhhh. .. suffer like the rest of us... LOL.

Just read the last 3 pages and u will be sorted.

lol.... He's reading it :P

OK, let me try to rephrase this as "personal cause" and "self interest" seem to have totally different meanings in your dialect of English.

You said it would be justice if he "lands in jail" for his activities. Why do you feel his incarceration would be in the interests of justice, and what are the motives you ascribe to Mr Hall for these crimes?

After all this time and all of the Koh Tao threads being shut down so far, do you honestly not realise what these shills and trolls are doing here?

Simply ignore them and discuss the case with real people, or this thread will go the same way.

You`re absolutely correct.The last Koh Tao thread was closed down and the majority of the `likes`when it was closed down were from the `shills`.

If the B2 are found not guilty then this case would show the RTP to be corrupt to the core.

Would anything be done about that going forward ?

Large scale reforms and improvements?

If any other business or organisation was found to be so ineffectual it would be disbanded and rebuilt.

The first statement is a logical fallacy.

How about the kid that was hanged by cops that was made to look like a suicide - does that suggest that the RTP is corrupt to the core?

Nope.

You make a strong argument as usual... I give you that

Blind faith wins the day once again.

Sorry - explaining logical fallacies to people who rely upon them is a waste of time

If the B2 are found not guilty then this case would show the RTP to be corrupt to the core.

Would anything be done about that going forward ?

Large scale reforms and improvements?

If any other business or organisation was found to be so ineffectual it would be disbanded and rebuilt.

The first statement is a logical fallacy.

How about the kid that was hanged by cops that was made to look like a suicide - does that suggest that the RTP is corrupt to the core?

Nope.

You make a strong argument as usual... I give you that

Blind faith wins the day once again.

Sorry - explaining logical fallacies to people who rely upon them is a waste of time

From a supporter of the RTP?? Pot kettle black anyone?

OK, let me try to rephrase this as "personal cause" and "self interest" seem to have totally different meanings in your dialect of English.

You said it would be justice if he "lands in jail" for his activities. Why do you feel his incarceration would be in the interests of justice, and what are the motives you ascribe to Mr Hall for these crimes?

After all this time and all of the Koh Tao threads being shut down so far, do you honestly not realise what these shills and trolls are doing here?

Simply ignore them and discuss the case with real people, or this thread will go the same way.

You`re absolutely correct.The last Koh Tao thread was closed down and the majority of the `likes`when it was closed down were from the `shills`.

That thread was at least the 5th thread that they got shut down by inciting constant bickering and slandering people from the trial. They don't believe the things they are saying so there is really no point trying to talk with them, they are only here to spread misinformation and get posts deleted, members reported and ultimately have the thread shut down so nobody can speak about what a complete shambles this entire case and trial is.

Do not feed the trolls.

Edited by KunMatt

Defense no longer want DNA tested, (another news source)

http://news.sky.com/story/1539622/mother-sobs-over-backpacker-murder-re-enactment

After reading the article I think the defense is correct in their assumptions. They have no control over the process. With this in mind the retesting could just solidify the prosecutions case.

I agree, but for a different reason. The defense can't come right out and say what they probably really want to say: "we don't trust anything which is handled by the RTP." So they do the next best thing: they say they don't want DNA re-tested, because the new results, like all results prior, will get processed via the RTP. RTP has lied before about test results in this case. Why would they not lie again?

Nobody asked me, but I'd like to see the court lighten up on its strict controls of what can be tested. Thus far, the court has made tight restrictions on what and whose DNA can be tested and compared to that found on Hannah. It's just what the RTP and prosecution want the judges to do. Thai officialdom's biggest concern is not finding the scapegoats guilty, ....it's continuing to maintain untouchable status for anyone connected to the Headman.

Along those lines, why is Mon not called to the witness stand? Even from the myopic/constrictive official perspective, he could add pertinent things. Just one of several examples: He says he was 'Running Man' in the CCTV. Let him expand upon that. He says he was first to be told of the bodies found on the beach. He allegedly threatened to cause Sean's death. He was within the cordoned crime scene soon after the crime. He was likely at the 'safe house' when the alleged torture/confessions took place. Soon after, he was standing accusatorily behind the scapegoats when they were forced to beg forgiveness from some Buddhist God - for the photo-opp. In other words, even if you think Mon wasn't involved with the crime, you gotta admit he was involved peripherally. Oh Sorry, almost forgot, Mon is teflon-coated and can't be implicated in any way shape or form, according to Thai authorities.

Police chief in charge of Bangkok blast probe oversaw 'bungled' investigation into Koh Tao tourist murders

The investigation into a deadly bombing in Bangkok’s tourist heartland is led by a US-trained officer with close ties to Thailand’s powerful military, who oversaw a high-profile tourist murder case in which the conduct of Thai police was questioned.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Police chief in charge of Bangkok blast probe oversaw 'bungled' investigation into Koh Tao tourist murders

The investigation into a deadly bombing in Bangkok’s tourist heartland is led by a US-trained officer with close ties to Thailand’s powerful military, who oversaw a high-profile tourist murder case in which the conduct of Thai police was questioned.

I noticed a distinct lack of the usual RTP sycophants from pretty much all of the Bangkok Erawan shrine threads.. which pretty much proves the ones here seem to have personal agendas, and stakes in this, the Koh Tao case.

Regards.

You haven't missed much. The prosecution introduced two characters we haven't heard about in the past 11 months:

One is a Thai lawyer who was purportedly at the interrogation (alleged torture) session at the 'safe house.' The lawyer said he heard one of the Burmese admit to the murder, and then the lawyer went on to paint a ridiculous narrative of what transpired at the crime scene. It's doubtful he was even at the 'safe house'. He sounds as tho he was given a script to memorize by RTP, and like a poor actor, read it in court.

When the defense team heard from the lawyer, they were aghast that he didn't identify himself at the time, and at least notify the B2 of their basic legal right to request a lawyer. When confronted, he mumbled some feeble excuse, and was then excused by the court.

Note: right after the 'safe house' session, RTP were asked whether the Burmese scapegoats had a lawyer present. RTP spokesman responded: "They didn't have a lawyer because they didn't request one." The impression, to the general public was: there was no lawyer on the scene. Now we hear from RTP that there was a lawyer there, but he didn't lift a finger to do what he's supposedly trained to do. Good thing he's not a surgeon. He'd show up at a surgery. He'd see the janitor starting to cut the patient open with a dirty putty knife - but the surgeon would just stand in the shadows, saying nothing.

Oh, and the roti vendor who was picked off the sidewalk by RTP to be interpreter (Burmese to Thai): it was found he doesn't speak the suspect's dialect (we already knew that) and that he doesn't speak Thai beyond a rudimentary level. He also can't read or write Thai, yet he signed an official document in Thai, and had the scapegoats sign documents written in Thai. There was supposedly another similarly-inept 'translator' who was supposedly there at the 'safe house' - though he could be another after-the-fact 'plant' by RTP - similar to the lawyer who may not have been there as he claimed.

Note: of the hundreds of Burmese on KT, surely there is at least one who speaks Thai. Here are some reasons why RTP didn't take a bit of time to find a Burmese who could do a decent job at translating:

>>> RTP themselves didn't have any cops who can speak Burmese nearby.

>>> RTP were in a hurry to get confessions

>>> Most, if not all, Burmese didn't want to be a party to the torture scenario - particularly of their brethren.

>>> RTP didn't want to devote an hour to finding some qualified. Same mentality which can't find a photo-copy machine, or doesn't know how to save digital pics on a computer or thumb drive.

Sorry RTP. For an organization that wants to appear professional and avoid losing face, you're doing all the wrong things. Isn't there one police man/woman who can stand up and say ENOUGH! Let's do what's right! Let's do a professional investigation to find who really committed that heinous crime last year!

Edited by boomerangutang

That's not good news. I might let him walk my dogs around the block, or clip my hedges, but I wouldn't want him investigating anything important.

That's the sort of thing that happens in a society where promotions (for police and military) are for sale and predicated on 'who you know' ...rather than based on skills, experience, wisdom, thinking-outside-the-box, problem solving. If you're well-connected socially, and willing to spend a lot of money to higher ups, .....you get promoted. If you're not willing to do those things, tough tamales.

Please, can all the TV users that actually want justice in this case, for the accused, the poor victims and their families stop responding to the tactics of those that clearly have a different agenda to the majority.

Those that respond in kind, causing threads to be locked and the silencing of discussion are falling into a simple trap and in my view are as responsible for the inevitable consequences as the shills.

Count to ten, walk the dog, put the kettle on to let the air out of your tyre before hitting Post. I know, it works, I've done it several times myself.

Excellent Advice

No justice in Thailand.

Nice try, I too would like to help them -

but definitely this should be the liability of the kingdom of Thailand as a compensation for pain and suffering and as a repentence

Edited by sweatalot

Regards.

Basically:
- Video shows the confessions of 2B with accurate details.
- The defense gave up producing the results after informing the results. Probably because these new tests confirm those of the prosecution.
- The majority of Thai Visa members cry conspiracy as usual.

Seems the mods are doing their job better now. I left this thread in the morning and came back an hour or so ago.

The thread is much clearer now, more to the point and easier to read. Some posters's names disappeared and the thread gained quality.

Thank you mods

No Einstein. A court of law trumps the confidentiality. Especially if the confidentiality agreement states it can only be disclosed to the court.

Do you know what the agreement states? Thought not.

One of the Andy Hall propaganda machine have already said that Andy's words were taken out of context in the above news article keep up Einstein

Tony or who ever you are. You could be a Jane or a Joe but anyway I fail to see why you wish to assassinate Andy Hall's character.

As far as I can see he has only done good for the MWRN.. For the Rights of Migrant workers in many cases. He has helped to raise funds so as Hannah and David's family can get a better and just result in the effort to find the killers of their children. He has sought support for some fair justice along with Chris Harkins and his petition. The defence lawyers and their support staff. Heidi Anna and her help as well as the ladies who have taken the B2 Mothers under their wing.

If the B2 are guilty so be it and a fair trial will prove without doubt if they are guilty.

Trying generate some animosity towards a selfless man only goes to lower your place in the human race doesn't?

Comments Welcome Below:

Oh there is Chris Harkins name where does he live ? how does he know so much about Thailand and the UK to make such statements as posted in my previous post ?

Oh, I think I can interpret this garbage,, yore e saying Christopher doesn't reside in Thailand so he can't have an informed opinion? 55

If that's not it this is another of your posts that make next to zero sense.

Actually, I think the quiet list may be the next step for you, "Tony"

Can anybody identify this angel, pictured in my post? Seems a decent lad ;)

post-242185-0-79167500-1440248929_thumb.

Regards.

Basically:
- The defense gave up producing the results after informing the results. Probably because these new tests confirm those of the prosecution.

MODS !!!

A post containing links to another site that contains another forum has been removed as well as the replies:

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

A post linking to a donation site has been removed as well:

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

Regards.

Basically:

Incorrect statement.

They never received results and gave up. Produce proof if u can.

They had the B2 tested last Tuesday. They hijacked the court at the end of the day with staff who have taken DNA from the B2. The prosecution fell for it. The judge agreed to it. They had it out of Samui ASAP and upto Bangkok. Since they have most likely got the results they desired they have said forget abkut the rest we have what we need to win the case.

I bet a pleasant phone call was received Friday afternoon. Its doesn't match the file profiles.

Yes this thread is much clearer now but anyone is entitled to their opinion, imo no need to even discuss trolls siince some of you think all who is not 100% sure B2 are innocent are trolls in your eyes. I always said 50/50 regarding B2 . Just accept it instead of insulting other members with a different opinion.

Edited by balo

http://www.samuitimes.com/koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/

Quote from above paper

The forlorn mother of Zaw Lin arrived alone at the court house to support her son supported by two friends, one of whom led her up the steps to the court when Human Rights Activist Andy Hall declined to help or even acknowledge her, an incident caught on a local TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OYI_dzhauI

This plus backing down on the DNA something tells me its not going that great for the defense,

http://www.samuitimes.com/koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/

Quote from above paper

The forlorn mother of Zaw Lin arrived alone at the court house to support her son supported by two friends, one of whom led her up the steps to the court when Human Rights Activist Andy Hall declined to help or even acknowledge her, an incident caught on a local TV

This plus backing down on the DNA something tells me its not going that great for the defense,

If thats what it tells you then I'm afraid thats your problem

Edited by thailandchilli