Bangkok dangerous: Hunt on for 'BACKPACK MAN'

webfact

Surely if displaying the perpetrator 's picture everywhere (especially 7-11), someone will identify him? That man will need to replenish food/drinks supply? Surely he has neighbours? Or perhaps he had left the country before the authorities got the footage?

Those people who advised others to avoid the shrine area...do they really think the bomber will bomb the same place again? C'mon..

Edited by Cpkt8

First of all, they need to release a first generation copy of the CCTV video to the media, instead of footage from a shaking cellphone pointed at a security camera video screen. We'll get a much better look at the guy that way.

That yellow t-shirt is so distinctive. It's either a major screw up on the part of the bomber, or a false flag. This t-shirt is apparently produced by a tiny womans fashion boutique in Jakarta. The odds of it even being sold outside of Jakarta (or at least Indonesia) seem pretty slim. I'd consider that a major lead.

http://www.amaranthine-fashion.com/product/read/86/tshirt-gucci-bag

Spot on clokwise. Need a job? Investigation department of the RTP could use some one of your ability. God knows they need help.

I predict another attack in the next 10-years. look for person of interest wearing cotton, colored shirt.

i have seen these backpackers!!!

i see a backpacker now!!!

at massage soupy station #5 in soi 8.

he is balding, chubby, wearing wife beater, hairy, and bad teeth. five foot 1. but says he loves thailand and has money!!!

lock him up!!!

"In the footage, the suspect with curly hair was seen carrying a backpack and walking into the shrine compound at 6.53pm"

...meanwhile

"A report also said that a foreigner with curly hair had been taken in for questioning at Suvarnabhumi Airport."

With observation skills so keen they will no doubt have a profile ready very soon. If you have curly hair and currently reside in Bangkok please be aware that you will soon come under public scrutiny.

Looks like some fine features , is it possible he could be a She?

Definately not northeastern, not Thai not Chinese the plot thickens!

And the post above says the Tee Shirt came from a womans botique in Jakarta

Edited by kiwikeith

looking at the pic's ...notice he has bandage on either arm indicating there would be something there that would identify him...maybe tatoo's

Yes maybe. Or, he has no tattoo's but wants them to think he has. Interesting.

You read the Hardy Boys books didn't you?

That's exactly what's in the detective manual.

If someone wanted to hide a tattoo he would wear a long sleeve shirt.

And if someone didn't want to be noticed he wouldn't wear a bright colored shirt.

"There have been minor bombs or just noise, but this time they aimed for innocent lives," Prayuth said. "They want to destroy our economy, our tourism."

I thought that train already left the station but I guess some people learn more slow than others ...

"Curly hair" is a lame token, Watson!

He must have been wearing a wig to disguise himself if he wasn't a complete fool.

Why would he wear a curly wig? How many people do you see in Thailand with curly hair? It would be too easy for people to remember and give a description, or to be seen on camera.

Why not a straight haired wig to blend in more easily with the crowd? There is something not quite right about this.

I think the police or whoever is investigating this, is meant to think it was this guy/girl to put them of the scent of the real bomber/bombers.

Edited by possum1931

First of all, they need to release a first generation copy of the CCTV video to the media, instead of footage from a shaking cellphone pointed at a security camera video screen. We'll get a much better look at the guy that way.

That yellow t-shirt is so distinctive. It's either a major screw up on the part of the bomber, or a false flag. This t-shirt is apparently produced by a tiny womans fashion boutique in Jakarta. The odds of it even being sold outside of Jakarta (or at least Indonesia) seem pretty slim. I'd consider that a major lead.

Good call...

2014_09_23-09_59_13_8a204a64c17b85ae2f9d

looking at the pic's ...notice he has bandage on either arm indicating there would be something there that would identify him...maybe tatoo's

Or possibly just normal sweatbands.

35 degrees, under immense pressure, carrying a backpack full of explosives and a mobile phone which was possibly used to detonate the bomb. Dry palms might not be such a bad idea under the circumstances.

In the video footage showing the man placing the bag at the shrine, you can also see many tourists taking photos, it might be a good idea for police to ask all people who were at the shrine that night to check their cameras.

He was only there a minute or two .Anyone who took photos and their cameras are dust by now .Certainly any memory cards found there should be checked .I agree the motorcycle taxi who took him to Silom Soi 9 ,will have valuable info .(which the Police will now have ).

(Hopefully)

"Curly hair" is a lame token, Watson!

He must have been wearing a wig to disguise himself if he wasn't a complete fool.

Why would he wear a curly wig? How many people do you see in Thailand with curly hair? It would be too easy for people to remember and give a description, or to be seen on camera.

Why not a straight haired wig to blend in more easily with the crowd? There is something not quite right about this.

I think the police or whoever is investigating this, is meant to think it was this guy/girl to put them of the scent of the real bomber/bombers.

He wouldn't have needed to blend in if it was a wig; soon afterwards, it's gone.

I don't know if it's my failing eyesight, but looking at the side profile I would be inclined to think that this could be a woman.

You must have had some rough women in your time , well done

Has anyone questioned Leo Sayer ?

attachicon.gifLeo Sayer.jpg

More like Richard Simmons, and more importantly, his mannerisms would allow him to easily blend in with the locals

simmons.jpg

Not quite sure how you or spleen find this funny, people have died and this <deleted> is still out there! Shame on you both!

I don't know if it's my failing eyesight, but looking at the side profile I would be inclined to think that this could be a woman.

You must have had some rough women in your time , well done

Has anyone questioned Leo Sayer ?

attachicon.gifLeo Sayer.jpg

More like Richard Simmons, and more importantly, his mannerisms would allow him to easily blend in with the locals

simmons.jpg

Not quite sure how you or spleen find this funny, people have died and this <deleted> is still out there! Shame on you both!

Thank you for asking the question.The response of the military rulers to this tragedy has been a joke. Hasty conclusions, poorly thought out claims, inadequate response etc. What else can any sane person do in a situation where the central government is inept and incompetent? Some of us laugh because there is nothing else we can do. I certainly have no intention of giving in to crazy killers. You wail and despair all you want, but I will keep laughing at the thugs who are trying to intimidate and scare me. They are not going to take over my life and cause me to cower in fear. Of course, I am upset about the deaths and injuries. Any normal person would be, but this fake sense of seriousness is hypocritical.

I will now remind you of the reality in Thailand: On any given day;

- Children are violently abused and/or sexually exploited

- Women are beaten and/or sexually abused

- People are senselessly killed by negligent drivers

- A number of people are murdered, often violently

- People in the south are bombed, maimed and/or killed

And yet throughout all this, aside from the usual hand wringing, nothing is really done. I find it telling that no one in these forums cares too much about the murder and mayhem in the south. Thousands have died over the years, yet there is no outrage. Poor rubber farmers are beheaded. Monks gunned down. Children impaled. Men's genitalia hacked off. No one in Bangkok has ever mourned those events. During the Bangkok protests, some protestors were essentially murdered, and the culprits were not held accountable. Not much is said about the murders on Thailand's borders that are associated with the drug and human trafficking. In the very same week as the bombing, an equal number of people will have died or been injured in preventable car crashes.

None of this justifies or dismisses the tragedy of Bangkok, but the fact is, people are only upset over this because it was a sudden event in Bangkok.

Edited by geriatrickid

And, possibly cloned and sold at half a dozen shops in MBK.