Second PayPal in Thailand

Yes, you can. I have had 2 Paypal accounts for many years, one in England, linked to my UK bank account , and one in Thailand linked by my visa debit card to my Bangkok Bank account. Choose your Thai bank carefully, making sure the bank card they give you can be used for purchases online. For instance, I originally had a Siam Commercial Bank card which couldn't be used for purchases nor could it be linked to Paypal. So I opened a Bangkok bank account and that certainly is OK, and I believe Kasikorn may be OK too. As the above poster says, you need a different email account to link to each Paypal account.

Correct, the main reason for my having two PayPal accounts ( one for the US, using my US credit card) and one for Thailand (using my Bangkok Bank ATM "BeFirst" card) is so that I would have a "verified paypal" address in Thailand since many vendors on Ebay will only ship to a "verified" PayPal address

At that time the only bank card that was acceptable was the Bangkok Bank ATM card but have seen posts here at TV where other Thai bank's cards can now be used (most notable being Kasikorn)

Have heard too many horror stories to ever link PayPal with any bank accounts but linking to a credit card or ATM card seems to give me some protection from PayPal

You can operate more than 1 account if you have more than 1 email address. Don't know about paypal linked to Thai account.

Quite frankly, why have two accounts. I have one Paypal account linked to various credit cards, such as Master card on my New York bank account, Visa on my German bank account and again another Visa connected to Bangkok Bank in Thailand. Depending what currency I pay in I can choose the credit card.

Yes, you can have 2 accounts. I needed the Thai one because the US one wouldn't link to Thai banks. Paypal actually told me to make a Thai one for the banks here. Make sure you give yourself some time to verify it, as it took much longer here than it did in the US.

You can operate more than 1 account if you have more than 1 email address. Don't know about paypal linked to Thai account.

Yes, my Kasikorn savings account is linked to my PP account. You can withdraw money from your PP account directly into your Thai account, but it takes 5 to 7 days. However you cannot, in Thailand, upload money from your bank account or debit card into your PP account.

Quite frankly, why have two accounts. I have one Paypal account linked to various credit cards, such as Master card on my New York bank account, Visa on my German bank account and again another Visa connected to Bangkok Bank in Thailand. Depending what currency I pay in I can choose the credit card.

I have 3 accounts. One linked to my Hong Kong bank account, one linked to my Thai (Kasikorn Bank) account and one linked to my Father's credit card and bank account in the UK.

How did you enter your addresses for US and German accounts?

When I go to PayPal to put in an address it detects where I'm logged in from and will only accept addresses and phone numbers for that country.

So in my experience its not possible to link a German Card or a Thai paypal account, or a US card to a UK paypal account.

I had to create each account in the respective country.

When I go to PayPal to put in an address it detects where I'm logged in from and will only accept addresses and phone numbers for that country.

So in my experience its not possible to link a German Card or a Thai paypal account, or a US card to a UK paypal account.

I had to create each account in the respective country.

Same for me, UK Paypal account would not accept delivery address in Thailand.

They told me to open another paypal account in Thailand for Thai deliveries.

If you plan on using these two PayPal accounts to transfer your money from your home country to your PayPal account here please beware of exchange rates. They will gouge the hell out of you without you even knowing it, take it from someone that learned the hard way. Just saying.

Paypal might have changed how they allow addition of cards?

However, I created a second paypal account with an address in Thailand for the very reason that buying stuff on Steam in THB is cheaper than buying them in AUD. Steam verifies your purchase currency by the base currency in your payment method (in this case get it's from Paypal that it's THB).

As a side note, if you can't add your overseas CC to your Thai paypal account and you do want a Thai Paypal account (or need it), just deposit funds into your normal paypal account (from your CC) and transfer those funds to your other Paypal account. Normally instant and then allows you to purchase within Thailand, using a Thai Paypal account.

It works now but in the past Paypal didn't accept.

So yes now it is useless to have more than 1 account, just more chance to see it frozen by the monkeys at Paypal.

I tried that and it didn't/wouldn't work for PayPal Thailand. Kasikorn gave me a second savings account, but it was included in their online banking together with the other account. I was able to get another virtual credit card from them which PayPal (Thai) accepted.. Result 2 PayPal (Thai) accounts. Both have multiple email addresses for login and customers to pay to depending on website names.

I have two because if one gets frozen by PP I can always use the other while sorting out the former.

It happened once when an unusual charge was placed on my account and PP noticed it and froze the account while they sorted it out with me. Meanwhile business as usual using the other account.

Never put all your eggs in ONE basket.

I used to have 2. One to an American bank and the other to a Thai Bank.

On the last occasion I used it, i transferred about 3k from the US bank to the Thai bank. Transfer completed and money in the Thai account.

8 seconds later, the transaction was reversed due to suspicious activity. However, when the money came back to my US account, it was now 2900 bucks. The bastards stole 100 USD in exchange rate BS between converting the USD to THB on the front end, and then reconverting it back to USD when they reversed the transaction.

Complained like hell to Paypal in Singapore, but all they did was point out that the TOS prohibited me from having more than one account. Not used them since, and never will again.

Yes, my Kasikorn savings account is linked to my PP account. You can withdraw money from your PP account directly into your Thai account, but it takes 5 to 7 days. However you cannot, in Thailand, upload money from your bank account or debit card into your PP account.

Yes, I found out also when I opened up a paypal account here in thailand. Paypal doesn't allow you to upload from your Thai bank account to your thai paypal account,but I just transfer funds from my american paypal account to my thai paypal account. I talked with Paypal about this and they told me I wasn't breaking and rules transfering funds this way and even gave me a $20.00 gift into my thai paypal account.

Yes, I found out also when I opened up a paypal account here in thailand. Paypal doesn't allow you to upload from your Thai bank account to your thai paypal account,but I just transfer funds from my american paypal account to my thai paypal account. I talked with Paypal about this and they told me I wasn't breaking and rules transfering funds this way and even gave me a $20.00 gift into my thai paypal account.

I assume that you upload US$ to your Amreican Paypal account and withdraw Thai baht from your Thai Paypal account, thereby using the ( unfavorable) exchange rate from Paypal.

Is that correct?

^^^ Whenever I transfer USD from my US Paypal account to my Thai Paypal account, it shows up in my Thai account as USD. If I go back and check it later, it is still in the same amount of US dollars. There does not seem to be any automatic conversion to baht. Most of my online purchases are from eBay sellers in China and the prices are listed and paid in US dollars with my Thai Paypal account.

^^^ Whenever I transfer USD from my US Paypal account to my Thai Paypal account, it shows up in my Thai account as USD. If I go back and check it later, it is still in the same amount of US dollars. There does not seem to be any automatic conversion to baht. Most of my online purchases are from eBay sellers in China and the prices are listed and paid in US dollars with my Thai Paypal account.

I understand there is no automatic exchange as long as the money is in your Paypal account, but I was talking about withdrawing the money cash in Thailand.

In that case which exchange rate is used.