Thai to Laos border run

I am here on a 2 x 90day visa stamped from Embassy in Perth Australia, then went to Vietname to get my 2nd 90 day, then left and came back on a 30 day visa then extended for another 30 days.

Vientene Embassy is the easiest to get approval from without having to spend $1500 AUD to fly back to Perth to get the approval.

Ummm not sure about some of your figures. Fort start I just did jet star flight search for bkk Perth return. Couple weeks from now. $530aud return. Less with more flexible dates. Mind you why fly to AU.

You mentioned multi reentry visa. Also correctly later mentioned ...no such thing.

If your meaning a multi reentry permit with say a double entry tourist visa. Yes understand. This was suggested by myself and another member. You stress safety important...there are good buses that travel this route that are safe. Plane is just easier IMO.

A post and reply to it have been removed.

The point has been made that the bus trip can be done for much less and OP has made clear she knows this but prefers the package she has signed onto. Leave it at that please.

The OP clearly states she is weighing up the 8k bus trip to air travel option. Implying she has not yet committed or paid for bus. Hence some members suggesting alternatives.

In any event OP....Here is one concrete alternative.

AirAsia Monday 7/9 return 9/9. 1000baht return.

Bus pattaya to bkk.170 baht or taxi 1200.

Stay first night UT. Top Mansion nice big room 450b

Around corner minivan short trip to nongkai. 50baht. Once on loas either tuk tuk 100 or private taxi 350/400

Drop paperwork off next day pick up and get minibus to UT airport or back to UT . Private taxi from UT airport to UT central 200b each way.

It is 8000 baht for the bus.

I have all the paperwork but I am trying to find others who have done it to see if it safe.

Flying means going to BKK on day 1, booking hotel and cb rides etc. Day 2 get to airport by 6am then fly to Vientene, arrive at 12 pm so Embassy is closed for applications. Day 3 go to Embassy and apply. Day 4 go back and pick up visa but no flights back to BKK (they leave at 11am) Day 5 fly to BKK then travel back to Pattaya.

So its 11 hours each way by bus but 5 days flying. The main thing is I want the safest option!

Take the train, much more relaxing , about 1850 baht for sole occupancy in a first class cabin. Train leaves BKK in the evening and arrives in Nong Khai early following morning. You can catch a shuttle train over into Laos and be there by mid morning.

Train leaves Nong Khai in the evening back to BKK.

We went up a couple of weeks ago just for a family trip. We stayed over in Nong Khai first night and went into Vientiene by bus the following day.

it is possible to pick up passport with visa , return to Udon Thani and fly back to bangkok all in one day if you desire .

Airlines that operate out of Udon thani............................

Nok , Air asia , bangkok air , thai smile , thai lion.

Since you seem happy with an early morning taxi, why not just take an early morning taxi from Pattaya to Don Muang and take the Nok Air fly-ride service to Vientiane? For a domestic flight from Don Muang, getting to the airport an hour before takeoff is sufficient. Booked in advance, this is cheaper than the 8,000 baht bus and gets you in to Vientiane in time to put in your application the same day. By all means, make it into a nice holiday. You could even go up to Luang Prabang after getting your passport back.

Whatever you do, the Vientiane embassy is a bit of a zoo. Savannakhet (fly-ride via Mukdahan) is a bit more relaxed. Otoh, there is more to do in Vientiane.

Thanks everyone for your replies - I was at the point of running out of time, or I would need to pay another 15k to get the paperwork from the ed school re-done.

I looked at every suggestion and all posibilities - and then booked the bus before I saw the train suggestion.

So unfortunately it came around 30 minutes too late as I would have loved to take the train.

But now I know its there, and can use it in the future.

Bus tomorrow - wish me luck!

LOL