S. Korea: Rival Koreas trade artillery fire at border

webfact

S. Korea: Rival Koreas trade artillery fire at border
HYUNG-JIN KIM, Associated Press

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea's military fired dozens of shells Thursday at rival North Korea after the North lobbed a single artillery round at a South Korean border town, the South's Defense Ministry said.

The ministry said in a statement that its artillery landed at the place where North Korea had fired its shell. There were no other immediate details from the military, but it appeared that North Korea did not respond to South Korea's returned fire.

About 80 residents in the South Korean town where the shell fell, Yeoncheon, were evacuated to underground bunkers, and authorities urged other residents to evacuate, a Yeoncheon official said, requesting anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak to the media. He said there were no reports of injuries or damage in Yeoncheon.

In the nearby border city of Paju, residents were asked to stay home, officials said.

North Korea had previously threatened to attack South Korean loudspeakers that have been broadcasting, for the first time in 11 years, anti-Pyongyang propaganda messages across their shared border. Pyongyang also restarted its own loudspeakers aimed at the South.

The cross-border propaganda warfare followed accusations from Seoul that Pyongyang had planted land mines on the South Korean side of the Demilitarized Zone that maimed two South Korean soldiers last week.

Authoritarian North Korea is extremely sensitive to any criticism of the government run by leader Kim Jong Un, whose family has ruled since it was founded in 1948.

North Korea's army said previously in a statement that the broadcasts were a declaration of war and that if they were not immediately stopped "an all-out military action of justice" would ensue.

South Korean President Park Geun-hye urged Pyongyang to "wake up" from the delusion that it could maintain its government with provocation and threats.

Pyongyang's powerful National Defense Commission had claimed that Seoul fabricated the evidence on the land mines and demanded video proof. The land mine explosions resulted in one soldier losing both legs and another soldier one leg.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-20

Yes we can now see the true USA pivot to the East policy how we will look like in a couple of years we don't have to guess just look at what the Middle East looks like after the USA pivot there!

The thing here is that the S.Koreans purposely instigated the attack as they placed loud speakers across the border and started bombarding propaganda 24/7 the N.Korean asked them to stop but the S.Korean won't so the N.Koreans fired rockets aimed at the speakers.

RELATED TOPIC:

NKorea warns of war after exchange of fire with South
By ERIC TALMADGE and HYUNG-JIN KIM

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea on Friday declared its frontline troops in a "a quasi-state of war" and warned of military operations a day after the rival Koreas exchanged fire across the world's most heavily armed border.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850060-north-korea-warns-of-war-after-exchange-of-fire-with-south/

Yes we can now see the true USA pivot to the East policy how we will look like in a couple of years we don't have to guess just look at what the Middle East looks like after the USA pivot there!

The thing here is that the S.Koreans purposely instigated the attack as they placed loud speakers across the border and started bombarding propaganda 24/7 the N.Korean asked them to stop but the S.Korean won't so the N.Koreans fired rockets aimed at the speakers.

Lol. No problem with proportionality there at all ...

You know, just every once in awhile, my neighbor plays her radio a bit too loud late at night - 'guess I should get out my shotgun, eh? cheesy.gif

You know, just every once in awhile, my neighbor plays her radio a bit too loud late at night - 'guess I should get out my shotgun, eh? cheesy.gif

Please take a look at how big the damn speakers are and with that thing blasting 24/7 if it was your neighbor you would have shot the speakers!

Meanwhile, the Junta proudly boasts its growing trade relationship with the DPRK.

Since the military coup, Thailand has doubled its exports to the DPRK that includes personal vehicles in probable violation of UN sanctions, raw materials (rubber, chemicals, plastic, metals) and seafood products (caviar). Thailand has now regained its status as one of North Korea’s more significant trading partners.

Thanks to the efforts of outgoing Foerign Minister Tanasak Patimapragorn, the DPRK regime hopes to attract Thai investors because they "are good people, trustworthy, and don't get involved with matters that don't concern them." This suggests that the Junta regime will put money above human rights when it comes to trade between nations. Hardly a surprise.

Any aluminium tubes exported, by any chance?

Take a look at who are North Korea's trading partners you see the EU?????? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_North_Korea

Please take a look at how big the damn speakers are and with that thing blasting 24/7 if it was your neighbor you would have shot the speakers!

And does N. Korea not have loudspeakers also? Has N. Korea lost the "speaker race"? You're actually excusing this use of live fire over some speaker noise?? Incredible. Just incredible. No. I wouldn't have "shot the speakers", but I might've set up my own battery of loudspeakers (like most any other rational person would do).

No, what's really going on here is that the psychopath in the north knows anything he broadcasts will be roundly laughed at and just be cause for personal derision (more than already exists...) on the other side. Moreover, he's paranoid about any of freedom's truths, and some comparative economic realities, possibly getting through to the starving, oppressed, tyrannized people on HIS side.

And does N. Korea not have loudspeakers also? Has N. Korea lost the "speaker race"? You're actually excusing this use of live fire over some speaker noise?? Incredible. Just incredible. No. I wouldn't have "shot the speakers", but I might've set up my own battery of loudspeakers (like most any other rational person would do).

No, what's really going on here is that the psychopath in the north knows anything he broadcasts will be roundly laughed at and just be cause for personal derision (more than already exists...) on the other side. Moreover, he's paranoid about any of freedom's truths, and some comparative economic realities, possibly getting through to the starving, oppressed, tyrannized people on HIS side.

I think you must have smoked soo much weed that your brains aren't functioning the N.Koreans have stop that nonsense long ago! The stupid nonsense now is started by the S.Korean and their master the USA

I think you must have smoked soo much weed that your brains aren't functioning the N.Koreans have stop that nonsense long ago! The stupid nonsense now is started by the S.Korean and their master the USA

I think you'd have to actually have functioning brain cells for weed to even have any effect! The psychopath in Pyonyang, as always, sways none but the simple-minded...