Heightened security. Ok but.......

petedk

People will complain about anything in this country. If you don't like it go back to Amerika where airport "security" has full authority to grope your underage daughter.

I have never been to "Amerika" or America and don't want to, besides they don't have full authority to "grope" but they can perform a "pat down". Yes, I would complain if they did it to my underage daughter, as there wouldn't be any reason to. They perform the "pat down" if the scanner sets offf the alarm or if the person is wearing "labels" to cover their private parts.

I wouldn't complain about "anything". There are many things that are "different" here but I don't complain and I also don't mention all the great and wonderful things about Thailand on this forum.

There were many things I didn't like in my own country too and yes I complained, as did many other people.

Thailand is a third world country full of corruption. I love living here and want to stay here, but I don't want to become a victim of serious corruption and spend the rest of my life in jail.

Edited by petedk

Yes, you're being paranoid. They're doing their jobs. Why the hell would they want to plant anything on you?

Maybe I am being paranoid , but there have been so many cases where people claimed that police planted drugs on them.

With "claimed" being the key word.

I don't think people being poor makes them criminals.

Yes, you're being paranoid. They're doing their jobs. Why the hell would they want to plant anything on you?

Maybe I am being paranoid , but there have been so many cases where people claimed that police planted drugs on them.

I've seen a lot of paranoid people afraid that the police would plant drugs on them. I've heard a lot of people claim that they knew someone who knew someone who had drugs planted on them. I don't recall a single, vaguely credible first hand account of this actually happening to anyone.

Can you post a link to one of these cases?

Edited by SoiBiker

No your not

'

The fact that they kmow you and normally greet you and suddenly they treated like a goose right... Shows you the uneducated a silly people they have shown to be. What type of person that knows the executive and knows he is not a bomber uses this excuse to demonstarte rudeness

Well I will let you answer your own question

People will complain about anything in this country. If you don't like it go back to Amerika where airport "security" has full authority to grope your underage daughter.

I have never been to "Amerika" or America and don't want to, besides they don't have full authority to "grope" but they can perform a "pat down". Yes, I would complain if they did it to my underage daughter, as there wouldn't be any reason to. They perform the "pat down" if the scanner sets offf the alarm or if the person is wearing "labels" to cover their private parts.

I wouldn't complain about "anything". There are many things that are "different" here but I don't complain and I also don't mention all the great and wonderful things about Thailand on this forum.

There were many things I didn't like in my own country too and yes I complained, as did many other people.

Thailand is a third world country full of corruption. I love living here and want to stay here, but I don't want to become a victim of serious corruption and spend the rest of my life in jail.

And you know that the scanners are doing random false alarms to keep the staff alert.

I agree with much of the above, and since these were the regular chaps I doubt anything untoward was going on, but I would still be writing a strongly worded letter to the building management. I'm sure it's purely lack of training that's the issue here.

Despite having a uniform and a whistle these security guys have no more right to search than any other member of the public, they must rely upon your cooperation.

• They took your bag without your permission.
  • They removed it from your sight and opened it without your permission.
  • They physically searched inside it without your permission and out of your sight.
  • They physically prevented you from observing what they were doing to your bag.
In some jurisdictions that's enough for a criminal prosecution (probably not in Thailand mind).

I hope they have some female security staff if they're going to start manhandling members of the public (even here that's assault).

Of course, give it a week and all will be back to normal smiles and cursory look.

I think you are dead wrong here. This building is private property. Therefore they can set rules. You can go with the flow or not enter the building. At my building security is as high as it could be. The also check my car inside out. Every day. And to me.... it makes me assured that they at least try to maintain the best security they can provide.

You are lucky that your building is so secure, but I would hate to be last in the queue. It must take 3 or 4 minutes to check a car inside and out.