• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think alcohol plays a big part

alcoholic=depression=aggressive keyboard behaviour

I think isolation and loneliness are probably a big factor for some, too.

I think a lot of people suffering from leaping to stereotypes when dealing with others

There are many that agree with you about the constant negativity on Thai Visa. It is unlike Facebook, where you can block whoever you want, I have not found this feature on Thai Visa. If someone knows how to do this. it would be much appreciated. A dislike button would be too disruptive and overused.

There are many that agree with you about the constant negativity on Thai Visa. It is unlike Facebook, where you can block whoever you want, I have not found this feature on Thai Visa. If someone knows how to do this. it would be much appreciated. A dislike button would be too disruptive and overused.

I believe there is an ignore function, but I don't know how it works because I've never felt the need to use it.

I think a dislike button would be a good thing - we could indicate our displeasure at someone's post without having to engage them and start a row.

I believe there is an ignore function, but I don't know how it works because I've never felt the need to use it.

I think a dislike button would be a good thing - we could indicate our displeasure at someone's post without having to engage them and start a row.

Thanks. I will look for the ignore button for those that are always negative. I guess a dislike button on a trail basis would be interesting, but it will certainly still illicit comments from those that will be pissed that you don't agree with them.

Thanks. I will look for the ignore button for those that are always negative. I guess a dislike button on a trail basis would be interesting, but it will certainly still illicit comments from those that will be pissed that you don't agree with them.

Some years ago we had a beer-label voting system.

Posts that you liked, you slapped on a green Heineken label, and posts that you disliked, earned a red McEwans Export label. Unfortunately, while lots of people seemed happy to offer up a McEwans', some posters could not handle their beer and became emotional and distraught on receiving so much India Pale Ale (to be fair, despite what it says on the tin, it's really more of an Export Heavy Ale); in the end, management decided that childish drinking games were not suitable for this forum, and the trial was scrapped.

SC

IGNORE:

Top right of the screen is your username, next to that is a drop arrow which will open a menu, on that is "ignore".

Select this and you can add usernames you wish to ignore, you will no longer see any posts made by that person, however, you will still see them if there post is "quoted" within another reply.

Hope this helps.smile.png unfortunately, I cant use it, as much as I wish I could sometimes.biggrin.png

Soi Biker, there are too many posters, not just on Thaivisa, who are very lazy on their Keyboard, and print initials, and sometimes you have to ask

what these initials mean. BF is commonly used as barfine, while I have never before seen them used as boyfriend, not even from a female poster. I have never even seen any poster

on this forum talk about a partner of the same sex. I am not criticising here, only commenting.

Read about surgery forum. It's fun about those boobs job nose Job and other job for your guys' woman biggrin.png

Make you positive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of medical forums I posted a question on the TV med forum. A legit Thai doctor at a fancy hi so Western hospital here prescribed me a medication used in Asia but not the West. It worked great. Reduced the swelling in a lump I had in my neck. I didn't say how good it worked not wanting to predjudice the posters or start an argument. I asked specifically if anyone else had tried it and not to post google information as I know how to searcfh google myself. -- Well guess what. They couldn't resist telling me want a loon I was. The post I remember was, "I never heard of it and I'll never try it cause it's not Western (words to that effect). A guy took a simple question and turned it into an argument.

Typical....

Another guy beating up Samsung started a fight with me about the word factory. I said Thailand had Samsung Factory stores - meaning company stores. He said only an idiot would call a company store a factory store or words to that effect.

The same conversaiton, I said I knew because I was well traveled and the guy started another fight saying Americans don't travel.

Why the heck are people so rude and willng to fight here. I asked a question about a smart phone and the bag I use to carry my phone and another dude started with the homophobic purse jokes.

Men carry bags nowadays only on Thai Visa that is a reason to start mocking gay people.

A lot of mean nasty people post here. When you give them back in kind it's called bickering - I guess we are just supposed to submit to the bullies.

An example of a erudite post in the political forum (world news) is, "he is a moron" nothing else, just "he is a moron." Why do people think that passes for intellegent debate?

Edited by lostoday

ThaiVisa improved immensely a few months back when some of its most worthless contributors moved on and set up their own forum.

That may be true up to a point, but there are some TV members who use that forum who are anything but worthless.

I don't use that forum because I can't be bothered to go through all the instructions, and if I could be bothered, I would

hope I was never one of TVs most worthless contributors.

Soi Biker, there are too many posters, not just on Thaivisa, who are very lazy on their Keyboard, and print initials, and sometimes you have to ask

what these initials mean. BF is commonly used as barfine, while I have never before seen them used as boyfriend, not even from a female poster. I have never even seen any poster

on this forum talk about a partner of the same sex. I am not criticising here, only commenting.

Maybe I was a bit lazy- not sure why I used caps.

I often talk about my boyfriend- same as others would talk about their girlfriends or wives. ( do get some nasty comments- usually removed)

The reason I started this thread was all to do with my boyfriend going to play volleyball on Jomtien beach at 3 in the morning. I was up late. I explained it was popular with late night workers, from bars, restaurants, hotels etc.

So I got accused on not living here- ' what's you excuse for being up late-' ie you are in another time zone.

No bars are open that late- yes they are- who do think delivers your room service at 2 in the morning, late night markets etc.

you have not lived here long enough - still looking through rose tinted glasses - ie my friend is up to no good - no he was playing volleyball with his friends after a very late shift.

No body plays on the beach - it's dark- no there are floodlit courts ( bit basic in the sand) - it's very popular

I just felt that these people have no idea how this city functions, and how many young people have a slightly alternative lifestyle. It was all negative and sometimes unpleasant- so the new thread- my first ; which has turned out to be popular and interesting.

In the world outside these pages, BF is a very common abbreviation for boyfriend, used mainly by people under 60.

I thought those under 60 nowadays mainly just use 'partner'

When I first traveled to PRChina in the late 80's everything had to be done from USA by Telex -- I had to find a telex operator in Oakland, who was about ready to retire because no one else ever bothered to use it. As someone wrote a few weeks back "Luckily I'm not old" to which I replied:

If your luck holds out, someday you will be.

Edited by JLCrab

In the world outside these pages, BF is a very common abbreviation for boyfriend, used mainly by people under 60.

Single girls and gays use 'partner', male heterosexuals use gf or wife.

Single girls don't have a partner, surely?

I prefer "ole lady"

No. To the world outside that of the nomadic sex pest, BF and GF mean boyfriend and girl friend.

nothing else.

It's an interesting point. I think it depends on context.

The idea of partner is quite recent- with ( I hope ) the growing acceptability of the idea that gay couples can have a very firm commitment and spend a life together.

The introduction of legislation giving equal rights in many countries has helped.

So if you are introducing your friend to westerners - you may say partner- it's PC.

To a Thai, they would not have a clue- so boyfriend.

On TV , bf or gf is the norm .

No. To the world outside that of the nomadic sex pest, BF and GF mean boyfriend and girl friend.

nothing else.

I just was not used to a guy referring to his boyfriend in any form on this forum, there is another forum of which I am a member, whos posters always uses BF for barfine.

I sometimes wonder if people who keep on using initials so often are only able to type with one finger.

Isolation? Loneliness??

Surely not. They're all

in relationships with these

fantastic Thai women they

have a great deal in

common with.

Isolation? Loneliness??

Surely not. They're all

have a great deal in

common with.

Soi Biker does not have a Thai woman. I don't imagine you do either.rolleyes.gif

Isolation? Loneliness??

Surely not. They're all

have a great deal in

common with.

You see - negativity!

Isolation? Loneliness??

Surely not. They're all

have a great deal in

common with.

Soi Biker does not have a Thai woman. I don't imagine you do either.rolleyes.gif

Your imagination's failed you

It's a good thread .

I totally admit- we have very little cultural capital with those we live with- Thai Visa has thrown up threads about low IQ , endless quips about greed, money, tea money, - even driving habits.

I would say that the man I live with - is the most gentle soul I have ever met- would never harm a fly- or crawl over people as in the appalling quest for money and fame in the West. Takes care of his family ( I don't!)

There are those who quote the ' rose tinted glasses ' - No.

Sometimes Buddhism does mean something

ThaiVisa improved immensely a few months back when some of its most worthless contributors moved on and set up their own forum.

That may be true up to a point, but there are some TV members who use that forum who are anything but worthless.

I don't use that forum because I can't be bothered to go through all the instructions, and if I could be bothered, I would

hope I was never one of TVs most worthless contributors.

How about this:

Most mangophrenics are worthless, but some are more worthless than others