Why has Thai Visa become so negative?

peterb17

It's the boyfriend- not the bar fine!

There are two places they play volleyball on the beach, and the games go on all night. Often it's the guys working in bars , hotels or restaurants who go down there after work .

I hate to be the one to tell you, but hotel shifts do not finish at 3am, and not too many restaurants go to 3am, not to mention after 10 hour day, i am having trouble believing someone would want to go play volleyball in the dark at 3 am, knowing he has to go to work the next day

May be this is the reason why everything is rosy in your world. you do not see or may be do not want to see the truth

Maybe this is why I started this thread.

I posted a totally truthfull explanation of what goes on at the beach ( there are floodlights ) .

bf works until midnight- then usually sits with friends at work for a while- gets home- changes from smart uniform and relaxes ( YouTube)

Then says am to play volleyball- ok drive carefully see you later - I don't control- he wants to see his friends - fine.

Where do you live? I go to places that don't get started until 3 or 4 they are full of late working people- for example lots of girls and guys from the cabaret shows.

Pattaya / Jomtien is still a late night city.

I don't subscribe to a boring normal day- up at 8 - muesli - bed at 10.30. I did that for 40 years - working

I going swimming at 2 in the morning if I want to. I don't have to do anything- mundane stuff. There are 5 staff

So - actually life is rosy and fun- grand queens enjoy themselves.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People in the hospitality trade have fun after work just like everyone else.

Yes, play volleyball in the dark at 3 amgigglem.gif

Just like everyone else, plays volleyball in the dark at 3am.

I am assuming you also play volleyball at 3 am in the dark after 10 hour shift?whistling.gif

There are these new wonderful inventions called floodlights- obviously- you have never been down to the beach. Edited by peterb17

There are two places they play volleyball on the beach, and the games go on all night. Often it's the guys working in bars , hotels or restaurants who go down there after work .

I hate to be the one to tell you, but hotel shifts do not finish at 3am, and not too many restaurants go to 3am, not to mention after 10 hour day, i am having trouble believing someone would want to go play volleyball in the dark at 3 am, knowing he has to go to work the next day

May be this is the reason why everything is rosy in your world. you do not see or may be do not want to see the truth

I posted a totally truthfull explanation of what goes on at the beach ( there are floodlights ) .

bf works until midnight- then usually sits with friends at work for a while- gets home- changes from smart uniform and relaxes ( YouTube)

Then says am to play volleyball- ok drive carefully see you later - I don't control- he wants to see his friends - fine.

Where do you live? I go to places that don't get started until 3 or 4 they are full of late working people- for example lots of girls and guys from the cabaret shows.

I don't subscribe to a boring normal day- up at 8 - muesli - bed at 10.30. I did that for 40 years - working

I going swimming at 2 in the morning if I want to. I don't have to do anything- mundane stuff. There are 5 staff

Karaoke bars and boy clubs are usually full at 3 am, not with working people, BUT with hookers.

By Cabaret shows you mean go go bars, yeah i also agree, it is full of them, hookers of both sexes.thumbsup.gif

People in the hospitality trade have fun after work just like everyone else.

Yes, play volleyball in the dark at 3 amgigglem.gif

Just like everyone else, plays volleyball in the dark at 3am.

I am assuming you also play volleyball at 3 am in the dark after 10 hour shift?whistling.gif

There are these new wonderful inventions called floodlights- obviously- you have never been down to the beach.

Yes those work really well, well enough to see the volleyballgiggle.gif

Obviously i have not been down to the beach, otherwise i would have known its brightly lit with people playing volleyball at 3 am

Edited by konying

Karaoke bars and boy clubs are usually full at 3 am, not with working people, BUT with hookers.

By Cabaret shows you mean go go bars, yeah i also agree, it is full of them, hookers of both sexes.thumbsup.gif

Again - someone who does not live in Pattaya- cabaret shows- Tiffany or Alcazar

Again - someone who does not live in Pattaya- cabaret shows- Tiffany or Alcazar

cheesy.gif And clubs are full because of staff from those 2 showsgiggle.gif

Peter please stop, its getting too funny to see how oblivious you are to the truth.

And by the way, most of those boys who dress as girls are hooker and are available,

Clearly i do not poses as much knowledge as you, after all i have only lived in Pattaya for 15 years and own a hotel where i often see guests bringing your "cabaret boys" for a quicky thumbsup.gif, not to mention direct contract hotel has with both of them to send guests.

So do forgive me for knowing little more than you about "cabaret boys"

Edited by konying

I'm going to say thanks to the mods, and some nasty posts have been removed..

Well for my first thread - and nearly a hundred posts- not bad. I would say life here is good- there are do many positive things.

I love this country, I love my life here -have met some great people.

So don't be negative.

And so to bed - as Mr Pepys would say

Well, this thread proved its own point.

SoiBiker

Thanks. This guy does not live here- and if he does- swimming about in a world of short time rooms- can you imagine? - YUK

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Actually no- you make your choices in life- and to be a decent caring human being is one of them- it's late- to bed.

The only point this thread has proved is that some people live in complete oblivion, either by choice or due to inability to understand

A lot has to do where one comes from, not the country but socially and what one expects.

A lot also has to do with number of years one has spent in this country and what one does on daily basis.

An alcoholic with money would be less miserable than an alcoholic without money.

Just as someone who is single would be happier than someone in a miserable marriage.

Many people make negative comments comparing to their home country, because in Thailand something very basic can and often does get turned into a real headache for one reason or another.

SoiBiker

Thanks. This guy does not live here- and if he does- swimming about in a world of short time rooms- can you imagine? - YUK

Let me get this right, according to your post 91

You go to bars catering for hookers ONLY, filled with hookers ONLY at 3 or 4 am but i am the one swimming in a yuky world?

Your boyfriend, goes out to "play volleyball" at 3 am, and you actually believe he is playing volleyball

And after all the silly assumptions and sillier statements, not only you make yet another silly statement that i do NOT live here, but also now claiming i live in the world of short time rooms?

You can not possibly be that ignorant, can you?blink.png

SoiBiker

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Actually no- you make your choices in life- and to be a decent caring human being is one of them- it's late- to bed.

So by decent caring human being, you mean going to hooker club to support the hookers? or having pay by the month one is what defines decent human being?

Because i struggle to understand what does being decent human being has to do with you rubbish of a thread about "negativity" and hanging around hookers

Thai Visa has changed, is it more negative? I am not sure, seems about the same. But there are certainly more people who appear to take every negative thing personally. Resulting of course in more complaints and heavier hands all around. Also a great many legends have moved on, some by their own choosing.

And of course the political situation has removed much of the opportunity to openly discuss things here. The things left unsaid could make up a whole sub forum.

If people could develop a little thicker skin, a little acceptance that we don't all subscribe to the same sensibilities; things would be better all around. But that is not the way society is heading.

Edited by canuckamuck

Thai Visa has changed, is it more negative? I am not sure, seems about the same. But there are certainly more people who appear to take every negative thing personally. Resulting of course in more complaints and heavier hands all around. Also a great many legends have moved on, some by their own choosing.

And of course the political situation has removed much of the opportunity to openly discuss things here. The things left unsaid could make up a whole sub forum.

If people could develop a little thicker skin, a little acceptance that we don't all subscribe to the same sensibilities; things would be better all around. But that is not the way society is heading.

Like that of expats in Thailand in general, the demographic of posters here is changing as people with different opinions and lifestyles show up. If the 'legends' can't handle a little diversity without throwing their rattles out of the pram, breaking the rules and getting banned - or just flouncing off to somewhere where nobody will challenge their narrow world view - then that's their problem. This is a forum for everyone with an interest in Thailand, not just a certain group.

Like that of expats in Thailand in general, the demographic of posters here is changing as people with different opinions and lifestyles show up. If the 'legends' can't handle a little diversity without throwing their rattles out of the pram, breaking the rules and getting banned - or just flouncing off to somewhere where nobody will challenge their narrow world view - then that's their problem. This is a forum for everyone with an interest in Thailand, not just a certain group.

I don't think it is a case of legends not handling diversity, rather than squeaky wheels getting extra grease. It is the newer lower quality wheels that seem to squeak right from day one.

The health and size of a community relies largely on the communities ability to tolerate opposing views.

I recognize the importance of the report button, but it is almost certainly abused by passive aggressives who can't adequately defend what they type.

I don't think it is a case of legends not handling diversity, rather than squeaky wheels getting extra grease. It is the newer lower quality wheels that seem to squeak right from day one.

The health and size of a community relies largely on the communities ability to tolerate opposing views.

I recognize the importance of the report button, but it is almost certainly abused by passive aggressives who can't adequately defend what they type.

I think you're looking at this backwards. I agree that tolerating the views of others is necessary. The report button - and moderation in general - is only necessary because some people cannot debate an opposing opinion in a civil, respectful manner.

I think you're looking at this backwards. I agree that tolerating the views of others is necessary. The report button - and moderation in general - is only necessary because some people cannot debate an opposing opinion in a civil, respectful manner.

You are right there has always been hotheads that needed to be ejected. This has not changed. But what is it that has made casualties out of popular and long standing members here if it is not the attitudes and behaviors of the newer members?

You are right there has always been hotheads that needed to be ejected. This has not changed. But what is it that has made casualties out of popular and long standing members here if it is not the attitudes and behaviors of the newer members?

Rather obviously, the answer is the behaviour of those members themselves. People get banned because they break the rules, not because of anything someone else did.

Everything is sex. Sex, sex, sex. Why do prizefighters not have sex before an important bout? Sex leads to lack of aggression.

Negativity and aggression towards Thailand come from lack of sex. Happy people have lots of sex with whom they want.

People who live in Thailand (really live in Thailand) have lots of sex with whom they want when they want and they are happy.biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Not everyone is as obsessed with sex as you. Certainly not everyone sees Thailand as some sort of sex playground.

Also, those who came here for the women seem to be foremost among the negative posters. Those who came here because they like the place seem a lot happier.