Golden Bar - Nana Hotel Closing

luap

The bar and restaurant areas will be closing on the 30th Sept.

All staff have been informed that the 30th will be their last day.

98% of rumour is " Hard Rock Cafe" group has leased the area, been unable to find out their plans

An icon since 1997 - GONE

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nana Hotel is going to be gutted, completely refitted and rebranded as Hard Rock Hotel. Prices will be 5 times higher, but Nana Plaza will still be just across the road.

Are you speculating on that notion , throwing out a wild guess? Or do you actually have some facts on that subject?

Nana Hotel is going to be gutted, completely refitted and rebranded as Hard Rock Hotel. Prices will be 5 times higher, but Nana Plaza will still be just across the road.

Are you speculating on that notion , throwing out a wild guess? Or do you actually have some facts on that subject?

Facts. BTW, Nana Plaza will be closing in 2016. It is to be torn down and a shopping mall erected on the site.

Every time I sit on one of Golden's stools, I think to myself: "There are 10,000 guys around the world at this moment wishing they were sitting right here."

Not me and about 40 million other guys.....the pits of the earth, ive walked past noticing the expression of lifeless over the hill gang wallowing in there beer with bored out of there brain village girls sitting around playing with there phone a few stools down....

Some people are easily pleased the rest of us have a life.

Facts. BTW, Nana Plaza will be closing in 2016. It is to be torn down and a shopping mall erected on the site.

Hotel idea is entirely plausible... shopping mall not so much

Total nonsense. Why would a place that is being torn down be issuing new leases to tenants and why would developers be interested in buying a place that is in that situation?

Hotel idea is entirely plausible... shopping mall not so much

There is a great need for a shopping mall on that stretch of Sukhumvit. The nearest is Phloenchit Center on soi 2, quite a walk away. Bangkok has nowhere near enough malls (yet) to satisfy the aspirations of middle-class Thai consumers, and they hate walking for more than 2 minutes between each mall. The master plan is that eventually there will be a mall every 2 minutes of walking distance apart.

Edited by Thainess

The bar and restaurant areas will be closing on the 30th Sept.

All staff have been informed that the 30th will be their last day.

98% of rumour is " Hard Rock Cafe" group has leased the area, been unable to find out their plans

An icon since 1997 - GONE

Did u ask all the staff members about this, were u there when they were briefed (probably in Thai). I am not trying to criticise you, I am just amazed that us expats are privy to all of this information....

If I had ten baht for every "confirmed rumor" emanating from "expats in the know" about the imminent closure of NEP over the past fifteen years, I'd have forty baht!

So it has not happened very often then........

It's a cyclical thing, linked to the lunar cycle, similar to the concept of werewolves and/or an eruption in the San Andreas fault causing all of CA to fall into the sea, I believe

If I had ten baht for every "confirmed rumor" emanating from "expats in the know" about the imminent closure of NEP over the past fifteen years, I'd have forty baht!

So it has not happened very often then........

It's a cyclical thing, linked to the lunar cycle, similar to the concept of werewolves and/or an eruption in the San Andreas fault causing all of CA to fall into the sea, I believe

Tin foil hats and conspiracy theories, that sort of vein......

Every time I sit on one of Golden's stools, I think to myself: "There are 10,000 guys around the world at this moment wishing they were sitting right here."

Not me and about 40 million other guys.....the pits of the earth, ive walked past noticing the expression of lifeless over the hill gang wallowing in there beer with bored out of there brain village girls sitting around playing with there phone a few stools down....

Some people are easily pleased the rest of us have a life.

Where were you going?