Vietnam Visa - Approval Letter

meltingpot2015

Done a bit of research in to this. Here are my results:

post-232297-0-63888300-1440319504_thumb.

1 month single entry visa approval letter prices range from 8 - 21 USD, whereas the 3 month single entry is from 15 - 34 USD. Note: they are prices for the advertised 2-3 day processing, not urgent applications.

The prices are in most cases for 1-2 persons. The cost is less for groups. e.g. VietnamVisaPro charges 10 USD for one person for 1 month single entry approval letter. 6 USD per person if the group is more than ten persons.

Has anyone used the above companies or any other company?. Maybe you went through a local travel agent.

There is just not many reviews about these companies on the Internet.

Edited by meltingpot2015

In 2012 I used www.Vietnam-Evisa.Org for a 1 month entry. Seems they don't exist any longer but at the time everything went according to plan, received the pre-approval letter and application form by email. USD20 at the time.

There is a website http://www.vietnam-evisa.org/

19 USD for 1 month visa approval letter.

the link you included in your post directs to http://www.visavietnam-online.com/ which is not a valid site.

What was it like at the Vietnamese Airport (Border - if you travelled by land), speedy process or long wait?

Edited by meltingpot2015

I just did mine last week. Very simple, just request it online for US$20 for I month visa but this is not multiple entry.

The approval letter was sent to my email the following day. Take that letter with you and upon arrival you get the visa for another US$45. You will also need 2 passport photos.

This can only be done at 3 airports on arrival.

I just did mine last week. Very simple, just request it online for US$20 for I month visa but this is not multiple entry.

The approval letter was sent to my email the following day. Take that letter with you and upon arrival you get the visa for another US$45. You will also need 2 passport photos.

This can only be done at 3 airports on arrival.

The online company you used please.

I e-mailed vietnamvisapro (the one recommended by Tripadvisor and Fodors) with a question and they took 1 day to reply to the e-mail.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Didnt use a company. Straight to their website.

Myvietnamvisa.com

Easy to do but if you need help feel free to ask me. Though Im certainly no expert

What did the approval letter look like?

a) http://www.instantvietnamvisa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/example_approval_letter1.jpg

.b.) http://www.viettravelcenter.com/upload/Vietnam%20visa%20letter.jpg

What i mean is did it just have your name (possibly your partners) name or did it have other dudes' and dudettes names on it as well. (those not in your group)

Edited by meltingpot2015

With some providers, for a fee, you can ask for your name (or your travelling group persons names) only on the approval letter. e.g

Other providers like www.myvietnamvisa.com say specifically that your details will be included with a list of others (and their details).

Potentially your name, passport number and date of birth could appear in a letter issued to 10+ people.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put your e-mail address in the cc: field along-with everyone elses' when they send out this letter.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Didnt use a company. Straight to their website.

Myvietnamvisa.com

Easy to do but if you need help feel free to ask me. Though Im certainly no expert

What did the approval letter look like?

a) http://www.instantvietnamvisa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/example_approval_letter1.jpg

.b.) http://www.viettravelcenter.com/upload/Vietnam%20visa%20letter.jpg

What i mean is did it just have your name (possibly your partners) name or did it have other dudes' and dudettes names on it as well. (those not in your group)

Mine has 10 names on it. I am number 6 and beside it is the date of my arrival and departure.

Yes the letters you posted look similar, but i cant read vietnamese. My letter is 3 pages but that is because there are so many names on it.

I've used three different online visa request services over the last four years. They all worked out, including myvietnamvisa, which you referenced.

But I really object to having to go through a non-government third party to obtain a visa and them sending one's vital info with 9 others on a single sheet of paper. Until VN changes the system and accelerates the VoA processing service at SGN airport, i won't be going back. With the 13-straight-monthly plunge in tourist arrivals to VN, I am hoping Vietnam gets some sense into the visa system, cuts the price and streamlines the airport service.

Did I not read somewhere you get Visa in Arrival now for Vietnam from many countries ?

yes, visa exempt entry but only for 15 days.

You can extend this while you are in Vietnam. Some (all??) of the providers of the one/three month approval letters will do this. The one I online chatted with said it will cost in the region of USD 150. They advised me its best to leave Vietnam, apply for an approval letter then re-enter.

I used http://www.vietnamvisapro.com/ early this year no problems.

Yes the invitation letter included a whole crowd of people I'd never heard of, but the most important thing was my details were there spelt correctly with the right passport details.

Wifey and I want to go for a holiday, Ho Chi Min, so looking for advice.

Clicked your link and my McAffee Site Advisor warned me not to proceed.

Did a google, Australian gov "Smarttraveler, and got this piece of advice: "

• There have been reports of scams involving online Vietnamese visa applications. We recommend you apply for your Vietnamese visa directly from the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam."

Can anyone confirm: I need a visa (Australian) but my wife gets visa on arrival (Thai passport)?

While you're at it....HCM City...nice but not too expensive hotel? Places of interest? We plan to be there 4 days.

It can be done..... but it is important to remember:

• An invitation letter is not a Vietnamese visa
  • You will still need to pay what they call a "stamping fee" on arrival in Vietnam to get the actual visa stamped in your passport.
  • If you are in Thailand or Cambodia you can also get the same visa with a trip to the Vietnamese embassy there.
  • If you get a Vietnamese visa in Bangkok you will see the English notice posted there stating that all those agencies are not an official Vietnamese government service and that therefore if you have a problem with any of those unofficial services the Vietnamese embassy can not help you with your problem.
  • But to be fair, I haven't heard any reports of there being problems.
Edited by IMA_FARANG

I used myvietnamvisa.com, no problems whatsoever. I applied and had the letter within two days and I didn't pay for the expedited service.

Yes, my name and arrival date was on a letter with other people....so what? Don't overthink this.

• First I am an American, and am in Vietnam now, got my Visa on-line using the following address:
  • [email protected]
  • They will send you all you need, my Visa is Multiple entry/exit for 3 months - yes they are pricey but I got my approval letter in one day, paid on-line $25, paid $20 for Fast Track, and was in & out of Immigration in 20mins - no headaches. They are well connected. Even took me to the correct carosel and helped with luggage, walked me thru the Customs line and they waved me thru.
  • I forgot how much my actual Visa cost, think it was $45, but you would pay that anyway. The other charges are for the letter and the no-hassle Visa on arrival.

Oh I am sure you will hear horror stories about how corrupt and difficult Vietnam Immigration is - but I can show you over twenty visa stamps for Vietnam in my passports, never a problem for me.thumbsup.gifwai.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just went here...seems good, and $13 for my one month single entry visa approval letter.

http://www.getvisavietnam.com/faq/9/who-need-vietnam-visa?#9

to answer my own question above, Yes, I need one, wifey doesn't.

Heyyyyy!!! Warning bells!!! To complete the application, I have to sign in to my email THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE to "get the activation code".

If they need to send an activation code, I should be able to just give them my email address and get my email through my normal means.

typing my email password in their field is giving them my email password!

No thanks