Bomb technique was 'taught by foreigners'

Lite Beer

Everyone thinks Thai are stupid and for good reason but it's not beyond belief that one of them had figured out how to make a pipe bomb...

Most of the info on chemical reactions could be watched on YouTube, you could Google the rest

I have met a few exceptionally smart thais, one of them being a surgeon at bumrungrad, we can't rule out 70 Millon thais just because the bomber didn't blow himself up like the other one...

Down south Thailand they seem to have a handle on pipe bomb and IED manufacture.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, the photofit of the suspect could be Thai.

Secondly, the only reason that the pier bomb didn't cause casualties is because it bounced off a railing.

If the suspect wanted to get rid of it, why did it get armed and triggered? It was meant to kill.

Apparently that didn't happen. There was no bomber who threw bomb from above hitting railings or anything else, RTP are now saying bomb was"placed" into canal very shortly after Erawan Shrine explosion.

Secondly, the only reason that the pier bomb didn't cause casualties is because it bounced off a railing.

If the suspect wanted to get rid of it, why did it get armed and triggered? It was meant to kill.

Sorry but the newest line is that a guy dumped it into the river 24 hours before it exploded. There are no video evidence of it been thrown and bouncing of a pilar.

by foreigner...really ..?.wich ones ..?.if you come to my village i can show you how thai people are able to make a house bomb with gaz or powder in a bamboo tree for festival ocasions..it does make noise like hell....they have the knowledge allready, i can tell you that....i am not able to do it but they can make artisanal bombs for sure since long time ago.

coffee1.gif

Watch the video. It did not bounce off anything. The bomber kicked or pushed it in the canal on purpose. It was not a mistake.

So not only can the taxi driver remember there exact 20 baht not used by the bomber, he also kept it in an evidence nag as to not get his own finger prints all over it? (Sarc)

It's like inspecter gadget without the gadgets!

Or the insightful intelligence.

Outstanding statement. It was a foreign plot because nothing like this bomb before. For all we know the man who placed the bomb was washed away during the big clean up. Why not come out and point the finger (as always) at someone who can't defend them selves.

He knows the exact 20thb note the guy paid with... Lol

This should be good...

Speaks volumes. And our in-depth investigations reveal that foreigners of unknown nationality came to Thailand in 2011 to provide training on such a technique," the source said. This thread also says they are making progress yet another thread quoting Mr. S states that they are depending on fortune cookies to solve the case.

Why a timeframe of 4 years, so are they saying they know who came here and taught how to make the bombs, or is it a 4 year course you sit and they have just passed their exam?

No need pass exam - can graduate anyway - otherwise lose face !

So the title says 'was taught by foreigners', and the first sentence 'might'... and they haven't caught anyone yet... can't they stop demonizing foreigners in the media for a month or two, and give us a break.

As an amateur sleuth just like the rest of us, I have a few suggestions about this case:

1) There is more than one person (just a probability, and "lone wolf" attackers tend not to use bombs)

2) They are fairly intelligent; so far, it appears to be a well planned and executed attack

3) The bomb design was probably "foreign"; the bomb maker was probably taught how to do it, and did not just read something on the Internet (I say this because the bombs worked well, and there is no indication of trial and error)

4) There were 2 bombs made - a primary and a spare

5) The primary bomb worked as planned, maybe much better than planned.

6) There was only one intended target

7) The spare bomb was discarded in an intelligent way; in the water, but exploded to reduce evidence

8) The bombers are not part of a global jihadist organization (nobody has taken credit)

They are really jumping to conclusions to say for a fact this bomb was taught to them by foreigners when it can easily be learned online without any help

Wrong. This bomb was decidedly the work of a very different bomb-maker. From the location, the blast, the secondary frags, the color and smokelessness of the blast- not a kitchen clown. Your statement would not produce a bomb blast like this with total consumption high yield

Everyone thinks Thai are stupid and for good reason but it's not beyond belief that one of them had figured out how to make a pipe bomb...

Most of the info on chemical reactions could be watched on YouTube, you could Google the rest

I have met a few exceptionally smart thais, one of them being a surgeon at bumrungrad, we can't rule out 70 Millon thais just because the bomber didn't blow himself up like the other one...

You are correct, but my point is not based on such thinking. I am not among those who think like this.

While what you say is always possible this event had a very different signature. I have spent years working with improvised explosives, instructing in identification, methods, construction, and variously avoidance and disarming (& explosive breaching). Among my peers I have the least knowledge and yet we are all in immediate agreement based solely on the pattern of destruction, the videos, the freeze frames, destruction, etc- this was a very different design. Add to that the context- location, target, and obvious implications, and it really does paint as a different designer if not also intention.

Of the three people who emailed with me following this, all special forces, we were in agreement that this appeared a high order detonation- irrespective of the material. With advanced products this is very likely but using traditionally used products obtaining such high order would be experience and innovation- there was near total consumption of the device/product and out of character brisance from previous devices- it was considerable for the size of the package. IMO

Strikes me that all that the authorities are trying to achieve is to muddy the waters to a point total confusion becomes center stage.

The authorities in Thailand have little credibility on their best days which are few and far between. They should concentrate on the evaluation of available evidence and leave the speculations and suppositions where they belong.

Ya i seriously its a Thai, It has to be a foreigner because no way could a Thai screw two pipe caps on a piece of pipe and drill a hole in only one end. That has to be a foreigner. I cant read this crap any more its all just such BS... And a foreigner of unknown nationality. How in the hell do they know its a foreigner then....WOW!