Pattaya Public Park – Lan Pho Naklua

nuslodados

What a great little place Pattaya’s Lan Pho Park is, seriously, this a fantastic public park. Places like Lan Pho Park in Naklua is what Pattaya needs a lot more of, and they should be more centrally located.

Lan Pho Park is conveniently positioned between Naklua market and the Platong seafood restaurant, you can access the parking area via the Naklua market car park, you will know when you have arrived at the market when you see the Sacred Fig Tree in the middle of the road, the entrance to the market is on the left, directly opposite the tree.

post-243774-0-06487100-1440308053_thumb.

post-243774-0-63928000-1440308055_thumb.

post-243774-0-79436600-1440308058_thumb.

post-243774-0-54696700-1440308060_thumb.

post-243774-0-73007400-1440308062_thumb.

I like this park. Especially the green ground for "pick nick". Totally agree with you that Pattaya need more green area like this park. The yard for pick nick is very small compare to the number of tourist in Pattaya city. I found that there are some Russian, Indian, Chinese and Iranian including some local farang enjoy this place with grilled seafood and beer.

Another good point is there are many children. This is very good for them to run around to play with friend instead of stay home and spend time on any tablet or TV.

One thing i would like to recommend to Pattaya city to take good care of this place is please do not allow car to park on the concrete activity area. They allow car to park over the concrete area by the sea on weekend. I found that some of concrete block are broken by the car.

To access this park. If you travel by Song teaw or Motorbike, there is another door on Naklur road next by Pla Tong Seafood restaurant then Familly mart and the watch shop. The entrance is small but you can walk to the park and the seaside area.

The problem is that anything like this in Pattaya would immediately be filled up with hawkers, vendors, hookers, muggers, pushers and other assorted ne'er-do-wells.

But yes, a properly policed park on Pattaya Beach Road (or Jomtien Beach Road) would be a very welcome addition. But as it would earn nothing for Thais it probably just wont happen.

I remember when they were building the park and praying that the big open space would be used for movies, traditional concerts, or something to bring the community together in a safe environment (think Burapa Bike weekend). Wasted opportunities....

The two parks on the phra tamnak mountain is pretty good too, but I can see it's a bit inaccessible from public transport,

And extremely dodgy at night. I wouldnt walk around there after dark even if I drove there in my car.

Precisely. So go check out the vibe at Lan Pho where it's safe and widely used by Thais of all ages who want to relax on the grass under the trees. There is nothing but good vibes coming out of there.

Precisely. So go check out the vibe at Lan Pho where it's safe and widely used by Thais of all ages who want to relax on the grass under the trees. There is nothing but good vibes coming out of there.

I would certainly go there if I lived nearer that part of town.

As I live in Jomtien I find it easier to drive to that big Wat on the way to Bang Saray for my walk, at least during the day. Evenings I walk along Jomtien beach (or will do if they ever finish the new paths).

I would certainly go there if I lived nearer that part of town.

As I live in Jomtien I find it easier to drive to that big Wat on the way to Bang Saray for my walk, at least during the day. Evenings I walk along Jomtien beach (or will do if they ever finish the new paths).

In Jomtien, off Thepprasit soi 7, there is a sports park with people playing football, badminton, volleyball, and basketball every day/night. There's also a running track, trees, and games for the kids.

This can't be the same park that has what appear to be homeless alcoholics sitting about everyday openly drinking & occasionally sleeping in amoungst the swings & slides nor the same park that had dog excretment all over the place or traces of some over filth on some of the slides.

I'm sure it's also not the same park that has some broken & vandalised equipment that a child could easily cut themselves on while playing nor can it be the same park where the 5 baht toilets are often blocked up so human waste is washed across the floors.

Those pictures look like they may have been taken when that park was first opened unless it just been given a makeover & they cleared out the anti-social debris as well.

Have you seen the state of the shoreline when the tide goes out there?

Something the city officials do not understand (which is seen in other developing countries) is the word: MAINTENANCE. There can be the best of the best used for constructing a park, beach promenade, public sidewalk, or public playground but within a couple years there are signs of these city projects not being taken care of. True, the public needs to be educated about not littering---which is a whole different topic in this society.

Currently Jomtien Beach is being up-dated and we all know the walk-way will be crumbling away before it is completed. - Look at Pattaya Bay promenade or even worse, the ten year old crumbling neglected walk-way along Wongamat Beach from north of Dusit Thani to Siam Penthouse Apts. (Only the private hotel & condo complexes have taken the initiative to maintain their frontage.) The so called engineers/designers did not think of the high tides coming in so parts of it had been torn apart by the waves along with sand covering the neglected herring bone brick walkway. The lights worked for...6 months and that was it. Labor is cheap in this country and what a great way to employ people and pay them 300 baht a day to help maintain these walk-ways. Pattaya is known to collect great amounts in its taxes--it can afford it.

This can't be the same park that has what appear to be homeless alcoholics sitting about everyday openly drinking & occasionally sleeping in amoungst the swings & slides nor the same park that had dog excretment all over the place or traces of some over filth on some of the slides.

I'm sure it's also not the same park that has some broken & vandalised equipment that a child could easily cut themselves on while playing nor can it be the same park where the 5 baht toilets are often blocked up so human waste is washed across the floors.

Those pictures look like they may have been taken when that park was first opened unless it just been given a makeover & they cleared out the anti-social debris as well.

Have you seen the state of the shoreline when the tide goes out there?

I was at the park yesterday and saw none of the things you described.

That's great.

They must have given the place a complete makeover then & cleared out the anti-social elements & legions of soi dogs.

There were what appeared to be homeless young teenagers (12-13 year olds at the most) & I did feel sorry for them but it was still not safe for my toddlers to play there.

I will look again next time we're shopping at the market & report back.

Something the city officials do not understand (which is seen in other developing countries) is the word: MAINTENANCE. There can be the best of the best used for constructing a park, beach promenade, public sidewalk, or public playground but within a couple years there are signs of these city projects not being taken care of. True, the public needs to be educated about not littering---which is a whole different topic in this society.

Currently Jomtien Beach is being up-dated and we all know the walk-way will be crumbling away before it is completed. - Look at Pattaya Bay promenade or even worse, the ten year old crumbling neglected walk-way along Wongamat Beach from north of Dusit Thani to Siam Penthouse Apts. (Only the private hotel & condo complexes have taken the initiative to maintain their frontage.) The so called engineers/designers did not think of the high tides coming in so parts of it had been torn apart by the waves along with sand covering the neglected herring bone brick walkway. The lights worked for...6 months and that was it. Labor is cheap in this country and what a great way to employ people and pay them 300 baht a day to help maintain these walk-ways. Pattaya is known to collect great amounts in its taxes--it can afford it.

This has always been a huge sore spot with me. The City does indeed know absolutely nothing about regular, on-going maintenance. It is a real shame, because you can see many of the works they have constructed were very nice when they were finished and for maybe a few months afterwards, but they so quickly fall to pieces.

And I have always thought the same thing. Labor is so cheap, that it just really would not cost much for a decent sized crew to go around town maintaining all of these beautiful areas. I've always said a dedicated crew should be hired just to keep Pattaya beach clean and picked up every day of the week. It would be an incredibly wise use of tourist dollars, but the city officials are too blind to this simple and easy way to keep the city beautiful for the tourist they want to attract.

Maybe it is because there are no kick-backs in just hiring crews to maintain city projects.

The problem is that anything like this in Pattaya would immediately be filled up with hawkers, vendors, hookers, muggers, pushers and other assorted ne'er-do-wells.

But yes, a properly policed park on Pattaya Beach Road (or Jomtien Beach Road) would be a very welcome addition. But as it would earn nothing for Thais it probably just wont happen.

Totally agree.

"Maybe it is because there are no kick-backs in just hiring crews to maintain city projects."

You wish they would be a bit creative regarding kick backs. Doesn't seem like rocket science to pad list of workers, or say paying 400 per day and actual pay is 300. Maybe they should get some tips from ministry of education about how they do it with foreign English teachers.

Maybe there is something in Thai psyche that just doesn't even see the trash.... does a fish feel the water? I know the Buddha taught that all things are impermanent and unsatisfactory, but do they have to hammer this home everywhere?

Yeah, just like Buddah mountain is!

But live and let live eh, they all need to take a day off.

that park is part of china town of pattaya favourite place for mayor relatives so well maintained

seems a bit crowded during weekends but still great for picnic

I went again today. A good maintenance crew and landscapers were making the flowers and garden look perfect.

• 7 months later...

What is it about Thais parks and parking cars on park land?

The park at Bali Hi was destroyed by a automated car park..

Now this last speck of a park in all of Pattaya is going to be destroyed by '"WAIT FOR IT"'

more car parking?

Bangkok has lots of nice parks that are free of car parking...

Edited by fforest1

What is it about Thais parks and parking cars on park land?

The park at Bali Hi was destroyed by a automated car park..

Now this last speck of a park in all of Pattaya is going to be destroyed by '"WAIT FOR IT"'

more car parking?

Bangkok has lots of nice parks that are free of car parking...

even the wat in pattaya tai is used mainly as a car park, not to mention the 5 story car park they built that was never used but served it purpose of blocking the views from the first 5 floors of central condo

even the wat in pattaya tai is used mainly as a car park, not to mention the 5 story car park they built that was never used but served it purpose of blocking the views from the first 5 floors of central condo

Its not blocking views its providing much needed shade from the hot sun and all those condo owners should be very thankful that their aircon

bill is now much lower. crazy.gif

post-2109-0-70388100-1461560647_thumb.jp