W10 not foolproof, New PC W8 unused , upload W7?

THAIPHUKET

I installed Windows 10 on my Windows 7 laptop and desktop. There were some issues but with a few fixes everything works fine now and I like it.

Now start up is much faster and both laptop and desktop seem to work more efficiently.

Edge works fine but still needs refinements and I still prefer Google.

Although I was a computer engineer for a couple of decades, when it comes to installing an operating system I just give it to the local computer shop and it gets delivered back to me usually next day for 300 baht. It's just not worth your time to watch a progress bar.

Its as simple as clicking upgrade and going for a coffee this time

You don't have to watch the 1% 2% 3%

Although I was a computer engineer for a couple of decades, when it comes to installing an operating system I just give it to the local computer shop and it gets delivered back to me usually next day for 300 baht. It's just not worth your time to watch a progress bar.

Watching the 1, 2, 3% countdown until install finished is exciting...gets the adrenaline flowing. Kinda like watching the bomb timer count down in a movie to almost zero...will the bomb (computer) explode (blue screen of death) or not. And if it's like most software installs the failure/blue screen of death always waits until the install is "almost" finished and you think you are home free. wink.png

I installed Windows 10 on my Windows 7 laptop and desktop. There were some issues but with a few fixes everything works fine now and I like it.

Now start up is much faster and both laptop and desktop seem to work more efficiently.

Edge works fine but still needs refinements and I still prefer Google.

You are aware that you still have IE 11 installed with W10 OS as well as Edge?

If you ever need it for something. The reason i mention this is that quite a few people i have been talking to after the upgrade were not aware of this as by default there are no shortcuts on either desktop or taskbar for the IE 11.

Edited by chrisinth

I tried W-10, hated it, unstable, and too many issues for my liking, may try again later when reports are of it being more stable and less hassle are rolling in.

I liked Win 7 a lot but got used to Win 8 quickly and whilst I dont mind standing still for now at win 8.1, I think taking a step backwards to 7 only to have to move forward again later is not a good idea, if I were you I would just leave it as it is at Win 8 until 10 settles down.

XP had everything I needed in an OS, and let's face it, not supporting it anymore has more to do with the MS thieves company making money than providing a better service. Why should I have to buy a new scanner when my old one is fine, but the new OS won't recognise the scanner? Even the computer shop guys couldn't get it working on my new, but already obsolete laptop. I had to demand that they sold me a computer with 7 on it instead of the 8 scumsystem.

If someone, anyone realised that there is a HUGE market out there for computers that just go on the internet and do simple stuff like photos they would make a LOT of money. Having to buy a computer that has all the bells and whistles when they will never be used is a waste of money. Ideally a computer should be as simple as turning a DVD player on. My mother refused to use a computer as she found it too confusing, and she is not alone.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

In computer world NOTHING is simple.

I tried W-10, hated it, unstable, and too many issues for my liking, may try again later when reports are of it being more stable and less hassle are rolling in.

I liked Win 7 a lot but got used to Win 8 quickly and whilst I dont mind standing still for now at win 8.1, I think taking a step backwards to 7 only to have to move forward again later is not a good idea, if I were you I would just leave it as it is at Win 8 until 10 settles down.

XP had everything I needed in an OS, and let's face it, not supporting it anymore has more to do with the MS thieves company making money than providing a better service. Why should I have to buy a new scanner when my old one is fine, but the new OS won't recognise the scanner? Even the computer shop guys couldn't get it working on my new, but already obsolete laptop. I had to demand that they sold me a computer with 7 on it instead of the 8 scumsystem.

If someone, anyone realised that there is a HUGE market out there for computers that just go on the internet and do simple stuff like photos they would make a LOT of money. Having to buy a computer that has all the bells and whistles when they will never be used is a waste of money. Ideally a computer should be as simple as turning a DVD player on. My mother refused to use a computer as she found it too confusing, and she is not alone.

Never heard of iPad or tablet?

Never heard of iPad or tablet?

I'll cut both my arms off before using anything made by apple, and I hate those touch screen things. I'm far too old to go learning new tricks, especially as learning to use a PC when I was a lot younger was a trial. The IT training team used to hide when I came on a course, LOL.