Burmese Consulate Chiang Mai

Greenwich Boy

Will be back in Chiang Mai later in the year and fancy a few days in Yangon.

I saw the announcement of the new consulate but can't seem to find an address - anyone been there and how easy is it to get a tourist visa? (I am English)

Last time I was in town I am sure Myanmar Golden Airlines were flying direct from CNX but I just get gobbledegook from their website when trying to check prices.

Looks like Bangkok Airways also fly direct now so that is not a problem.

Any other tips on Yangon (Rangoon or whatever) all appreciated.

Thanks

Just a partial answer to the OP

According to irrawady.org the Myanmar consulate general officially opened in chiang-mai on July 29th. (...) The new Burmese Consul-General (...) will begin his work when the Thai government provides official acknowledgement of the consulate next month. (...) "The Myanmar Consulate General office will perform [the same] tasks as the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, [including building] on the bilateral relationship with Thailand and [handling] Myanmar visa and passport issues and Myanmar migrant worker issues."

According to chiangmaicitylife the Myanmar Consulate General in Chiang Mai is located at 9/4, Hassadhisawee road, Muang Chiang Mai district.

Hope this helps

Edited by cmsanuk

So which is it? Burma or Myanmar? Who cares, but i noticed the Myanmar General Consulate building the other day on my bike ride. Off the Huay Kaew moat corner down Hassadhisawee Road till first small corner and see Cheeva Spa. Turn right past the Spa and go 100 meters, on the left see the flag and building.