Dependant extension to Retirement

Sure, if you can proof the financial requirements:

1) 800'000 Baht in a Thai bank account for two months (first application) resp. three months (subsequent) OR

2) 65'000 Baht monthly income/pension (equivalent) OR

3) a combination of both (12*monthly plus bank account with no seasoning requirements)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Sure, if you can proof the financial requirements:

1) 800'000 Baht in a Thai bank account for two months (first application) resp. three months (subsequent) OR

2) 65'000 Baht monthly income/pension (equivalent) OR

3) a combination of both (12*monthly plus bank account with no seasoning requirements)

so I dont need a different visa, I can do the retirement on my existing Non imm O ?

Can I do my first retirement extension in Jomtien ?

What are you calling a dependent extension. Have you been getting extensions as a parent of a Thai? Or as the parent of a child attending school?

If as a parent of a Thai their is no age limit for getting the extension. Immigration is misreading the clause of the police order for that extension.

• Like 1

What are you calling a dependent extension. Have you been getting extensions as a parent of a Thai? Or as the parent of a child attending school?

If as a parent of a Thai their is no age limit for getting the extension. Immigration ismisreading the clause of the police order for that extension.

I would confirm my understanding If as a parent of a Thai their is no age limit for getting the extension.

Suggest you revisit immigration with plenty of time to spare just in case

If as a parent of a Thai their is no age limit for getting the extension. Immigration ismisreading the clause of the police order for that extension.

I am the Parent of a Thai, the lady immigration officer actually told me when my son reaches 20yrs old we cannot get the extension

If as a parent of a Thai their is no age limit for getting the extension. Immigration is misreading the clause of the police order for that extension.

I am the Parent of a Thai, the lady immigration officer actually told me when my son reaches 20yrs old we cannot get the extension

Clause 2.18 (5)of the police order has no age limit for getting the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. The are applying the age limit for foreign children to get an extension as a family member of a Thai.

Clause 2.18 (5)of the police order has no age limit for getting the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. The are applying the age limit for foreign children to get an extension as a family member of a Thai.

Thanks, I am sure you are right but how to explain to the immigration official she is wrong, lose face big time....

Thanks, I am sure you are right but how to explain to the immigration official she is wrong, lose face big time....

You could try showing them clause 2.18 (5) of Police Order 327/2557 .(4) is the one they are getting the 20 years old from.

Police Order 327/2557 Thai text

Suggest to the immigration officer to check with the legal department at immigration headquarters.

If you continue to meet the financial requirements (income of 40k per month or 400k in the bank) and continue to live in the same household as your Thai child, you qualify for the parent extension regardless of your child's age and regardless of your own age. This is not a dependent extension, ie it is not necessary that you depend on your child financially or otherwise. It is the same extension for you, the foreign father, living with a family member of Thai nationality, your child, as it was before your child turned 20.