House Prices will they go up or down in current economic climate?

Same old <deleted> and disinformation, from the same sources, for whatever reason or purpose! Hardly worth challenging it all any more.

I find it strange that some normally law abiding gentlemen seem prepared to break any law that stops them buying property.

Then claim they aren't criminals.

But at the same time look down on overstayers, sex offenders, drug dealers, corrupt police et al.

I guess it's always the way with white collar criminals, and probably the reason the west has gone to h_ell.

Me,

I try not to break any laws in the country I live.

I don't always succeed, but I try.

Looks like no takers, have you considered using bigger bait!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pattaya house prices are not going up , most have been on the market a long time (i am not talking the one to two million ones ) recently quite a few have been reduced so the wife tells me . as it is very few houses in the 3 million upwards price range sell ,also the bank has not been lending as much on many of them .

In the short term prices will be stable,Thais are very reluctant to

drop the price,the Banks are not so aggressive on foreclosures

as they are in the West,they maybe a few bargains,but they will

be ,either in a poor area,and,or not in good condition.

I have lived here 30 years and the prices have only gone up,and

especially in last few years,We were able to find some bargains

last time the bubble burst,but even then the market did not crash,

and in a few years rebounded,

Buying property in Thailand is the same anywhere in the World,

the most important been, location,location.location,I have a friend

who is in the process of building a house 18 Kms outside Chiang Mai,

in an old rice field,he has spent 15 M Bht,so far and is quiet away from

finishing it,access is very poor to his land,maybe he likes to live a quite

life there, but I don't think he would ever find a buyer if he wanted to sell.

When buying ,you also need to think about selling,could I sell it fairly quickly

if anything went tits up,good luck,hope you find a bargain.

regards worgeordie

I would like to see what type of house this guy has for 15M baht. Must be something real special. Hope he gets it finished soon.

Those people who keep predicting the great Thai property crash and the same ones who will be priced out of the market at some point in the future. And anyone who thinks that farangs are a key driver for Thai property prices has a vastly overestimated the value and ability of that contingent. I think there's a fair chance that if every farang in Thailand dumped his Thai property holding on the same day, market values would barely change thanks to Chinese, Korean, Thai and other regional buyers.

please tell me as a Farang how I can own a house in Thailand?

I know I can buy one the ownership according to Thai Law is a Thai

I think you need help in thinking

Those people who keep predicting the great Thai property crash and the same ones who will be priced out of the market at some point in the future. And anyone who thinks that farangs are a key driver for Thai property prices has a vastly overestimated the value and ability of that contingent. I think there's a fair chance that if every farang in Thailand dumped his Thai property holding on the same day, market values would barely change thanks to Chinese, Korean, Thai and other regional buyers.

Here, read this thread and come back to me with your question when you're more polite:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865965-is-it-legal-for-a-farang-to-buy-a-land-house-in-thai-wifes-name/#entry10008999

Here, read this thread and come back to me with your question when you're more polite:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865965-is-it-legal-for-a-farang-to-buy-a-land-house-in-thai-wifes-name/#entry10008999

I am very Polite and I asked please

So please again tell be how it can done without breaking the law

Thanks in Advance

Thanks in Advance

Lease the land for 30 years and have a builder construct a new property on it, that property can be registered at the Land Office and a Chanotte (title) issued in the name of the farang.

Thanks in Advance

Lease the land for 30 years and have a builder construct a new property on it, that property can be registered at the Land Office and a Chanotte (title) issued in the name of the farang.

but aren't Chinese and Korean buyers in the same category as Caucasian foreigners in that they can only lease the land? I always understood a leasehold title was a depreciating asset so why should anyone expect any meaningful capital gains. In fact why should there be any particularly in the current global economic environment?

Regarding Thai buyers as to the question of will house prices go up, shouldn't we first be asking will wages and salaries go up-and there doesn't seem much evidence that this will happen. Or are you expecting a similar scenario to Japan where property values got so out of kilter with economic reality that children would inherit their parents mortgage because it couldn't be paid off in one generation?

Edited by Asiantravel

but aren't Chinese and Korean buyers in the same category as Caucasian foreigners in that they can only lease the land?

Some posters like to use 'farang' at every opportunity.

Their wife tells them it's a term of affection.

Thanks in Advance

but aren't Chinese and Korean buyers in the same category as Caucasian foreigners in that they can only lease the land? I always understood a leasehold title was a depreciating asset so why should anyone expect any meaningful capital gains. In fact why should there be any particularly in the current global economic environment?

Regarding Thai buyers as to the question of will house prices go up, shouldn't we first be asking will wages and salaries go up-and there doesn't seem much evidence that this will happen. Or are you expecting a similar scenario to Japan where property values got so out of kilter with economic reality that children would inherit their parents mortgage because it couldn't be paid off in one generation?

Yes of course, Chinese and Koreans are not Thai nationals and they are subject to the same rules as farangs, when it comes to property purchases. But their (most regional nationals) attitude and approach is very different to many farangs, Chinese in Thailand for example are perfectly happy to marry Thai nationals and use them as a vehicle for their property and business interests and it's a win win scenario, simply look at the volume of Chinese run businesses in Thailand and it becomes obvious.

Far too many farangs on the other hand bleat continuously about how their previous spouse'(s) in their homeland had suddenly and without warning (ahem), raped and pillaged all their assets and as a consequence they would never consider such a move again. Far better they will tell you to take out a mortgage and pay interest to a bank than risk cash, as if they had any in the first place, than to take any sort of risk or slight gamble, therein lies the difference.

As for depreciating assets: farang or any foreigner pensioners over the age of 65, myself included, care not a jot about capital gains/depreciating assets but rather on current quality of life.

Finally regarding property price increases: I care not whether my home increases or falls in value and my wife feels the same way, it's our home, it's where we live, it's not an investment. I do believe that many other view this subject similarly.

Finally regarding property price increases: I care not whether my home increases or falls in value and my wife feels the same way, it's our home, it's where we live, it's not an investment. I do believe that many other view this subject similarly.

From your previous posts,

You don't have a wife, and you don't have a home.

Your girlfriend allows you to live in her home, by her grace and favour.

One shout of "He hit me", and you're out.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

with new Cola like EST pouring into the market Pepsi sales must be dropping.

Nobody who buys EST cola once, will ever make a second purchase.

I'm guessing you've never tasted the stuff!

I was under the impression that est is Pepsi under a different name.... But i wouldn't drink it either way

I think Pepsi disappeared when est cola hit the shops so I thought it was rebranded....

From your previous posts,

You don't have a wife, and you don't have a home.

Your girlfriend allows you to live in her home, by her grace and favour.

One shout of "He hit me", and you're out.

As you know from I posted earlier I also have an usufruct which means I am the only person allowed to live in the house and I determine who lives here and who doesn't.

But enough of all of this, I'm getting tired of seeing you pop up and respond with some negative post about my personal circumstances, every time I post, this thread is about property prices, not about me my wife/girlfriend and my living arrangements &lt;deleted&gt;. Now go bait and shadow somebody else because you and me are done here on this forum, remember what you got banned for the last time AOA!

Edited by chiang mai