My dtac internet usage is thru the roof

advancebooking

Last year when I purchased my new android phone I agreed to a 1 yr unlimited plan with dtac. After using the first 3 gb it reverted to slow dial up speed but it was ok I suppose. Then it expired and I called dtac and the guy sold me I agreed to another plan which I later realized was not unlimited. After a week or so the internet stopped as I had used up all my GB. I called them back and sold me an extra plan free speed topping 1gb value 150 baht for 12 months or whatever. Then that ran out. I called them again and they sold me another 4 gb for 99 baht valid for 15 days. I used that in 2 days......

I seem to be burning through a lot of GB. I mainly use for surfing the net and sometimes adult sites. I use the mobile network sharing to surf the net on my apple mac.

How many GB do you use in a month on your plan? I evidently need to stop wasting time and revert to a larger unlimited plan but I find the gimicks frustrating with DTAC. Why cant they look at my average monthly usage and recommend me a decent plan. Am I better off with going with True or another company?

thanks

Single digit GB numbers. Watching videos in good or high quality ?

Will be used up in an instant.

Looking for the "unlimited"/"flat" mobile data rate?

I still haven't seen a convincing answer.

1 hour of a "good" quality youtube video (1280*720 p) is about 500 MB.

So 3 GB would give you 6h of video.

Full HD or the like, much less.

I have a fixed line and use multiple GB per day (watching/listening IPTV on one screen while writing here with another screen tongue.png ).

Thailand's mobile providers only offer "Unlimited Data" with their slower speeds, usually 512kb/s or 384kb/s. You'll find most of their higher speed plans are all "Data Capped", and once you've burned through your allotment are left with <~384kb/s "Fair Use Policy" speeds for the remaining subscription time.

If FIBRE, CABLE, xDSL, or WirelessBroadband (WiNet/AirNet) are not in your future then many members would recommend looking into 3G/4G bundled with WiFi as an alternative. The WiFi connections, when you can take advantage of them, are generally fast and unlimited. Some people, including myself, have even put in special USB antennas to link with local WiFi Hotspots from the house to offset the amount of data used on a Mobile Data Internet Subscription.

Also, some mobile PostPaid accounts have better subscription offers to their PAYG (Pay As You Go) or PrePaid cousins.

Many recent discussions here on ThaiVisa. You just need to search them out with the right search key terms:

Started by dirtycash, 2015-02-23 18:26 -- 16 replies
Started by trianglechoke, 2015-06-25 10:29 -- 8 replies
Started by ryanhull, 2015-07-28 20:05 -- 37 replies

With all the surfing you do, are you mainly doing this at home? If so, why not just get a DSL connection via phone line. You will get unlimited download capacity and you can share that all you want via WiFi with your other devices.

"I seem to be burning through a lot of GB. I mainly use for surfing the net and sometimes adult sites. I use the mobile network sharing to surf the net on my apple mac. "

It is not easy to sub. a real internet connection with 3G - get a post pay plan that only slows to 385k and starts with 7 - 9 GB Manage your use. run two cards if you like and when one runs out of 3G use it for downloads and surf with the other while it lasts - cheaper then topping if you use enough.

I do updates and major downloads when the 385k unlimited is in effect and use care while the 3G is up. 7GB about two weeks. I can meter out the month at 14-15GB but everything after 7GB is 385K speed. If I had real internet I sure I would use closer to 30GB per month.

The way 3G is sold it is not a wireless solution to anything other then not being at home. At home it is an expensive worthless pile of dung.