Prayut's brother to become permanent secretary for Defence: report

webfact

Prayut's brother to become permanent secretary for Defence: report
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Gen Preecha Chan-o-cha, a brother of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, will get the post of permanent secretary for Defence Ministry, Matichon Online reported Monday.

Matichon quoted a source from the Defence Ministry as saying that the committee in charge of military reshuffle headed by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan decided to give the powerful post of Army chief to Gen Thirachai Nakwanit.

Both Thirachai and Preecha and assistant Army chiefs and are the only two contenders for the top post at the Royal Thai Army.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayuts-brother-to-become-permanent-secretary-for--30267311.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-24

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well, it seems he wasn't made the new Army chief after all !.

How stupid do some of you feel now ?. Or will you simply switch tact, ignore the fact that you were completely wrong and carry on exactly as before ?.

How many ways are there for people to be hypocrites I wonder ....

How stupid do some of you feel now ?. Or will you simply switch tact, ignore the fact that you were completely wrong and carry on exactly as before ?.

How can they be hypocrites ? nepotism is what it is and Bro is now sec of defense, hardly a janitors job or meaningless.

Not really a surprise though was it ? there were only two options and they floated the brother choice weeks ago to gauge the response.

Pretty obvious what that was from Thais if youd been paying attn, its not a surprise to many.

Having your bro a permanent sec of defense is not exactly a disadvantage.How you think its good news is beyond me ...the position matters little if he became army chief or perm sec of defense... its still family in key positions, just like Thaksin and others before him.......but hey thats what thai leaders do right ?

Your post is very strange, gloating and quite bizarre your beginning to sound like a very bad Hanoi Hanna lately. Please try harder coffee1.gif

Edited by englishoak

I seem to recall a good General conducting a illegal coup, and then proclaiming he was going to put an end to corruption and nepotism. Oh, wait, I get it, his brother was actually the most qualified man for the job. The fact that he is the younger brother of the illegal PM doesn't have anything to do with it. coffee1.gif

Quite a few it seems beginning with those (including yourself) who would have squealed like stuck pigs if Yingluck had pulled a stunt like this.Which senior military position is involved is neither here nor there.

"Given the most powerful army position" Is that what the OP say's?

So can one be forgiven to put comment regarding the statement in OP?

Have you ever commented on a post before and then things can change? C'mon now big fella we've all done it.

So "hypocrites" for what? when you yourself are guilty of the same sledge you place on others.

So quickly to have a crack at others, ok cool, then take it like a man when the tables are turned.................

"Live by the sword die by the sword".

BTW EJ, I do enjoy our exchanges you, n I, when they are with cerebral Banta and without malice, A little slice of "clashes for the ashes" yeah

"Come Aussie come on"

Cheers.thumbsup.gif

Gloat much, better print a T-shirt

If I remember well, a former PM has been recently ousted for indirectly promoting her nephew.....

You have a memory problem then. She was ousted for abuse of power because she transferred someone without following correct procedures, so she could move someone into his position to create a vacancy in the position her brother wanted for their relative.

She also appointed herself Chair of the rice support scheme committee, although she never attended the meetings; and made herself Defense Minister, allegedly because they thought the amnesty bill would be rammed through and her brother would be back and want the PM's chair.

Happy families.

If I remember well, a former PM has been recently ousted for indirectly promoting her nephew.....

Please now, you must get with the program and use the proper terminology ...

That was an "elected" PM...

an elected PM, who became a caretaker PM before being removed from office by a court. Let's not forget all her accomplishments.

You have a memory problem then. She was ousted for abuse of power because she transferred someone without following correct procedures, so she could move someone into his position to create a vacancy in the position her brother wanted for their relative.

She also appointed herself Chair of the rice support scheme committee, although she never attended the meetings; and made herself Defense Minister, allegedly because they thought the amnesty bill would be rammed through and her brother would be back and want the PM's chair.

Happy families.

Indeed happy families just like now.

Care to comment on the topic and family happiness at hand for a change ?

Edited by englishoak

Quite a few it seems beginning with those (including yourself) who would have squealed like stuck pigs if Yingluck had pulled a stunt like this.Which senior military position is involved is neither here nor there.

Some families have the military, some the police, some civil service and some politicians in various "parties".

Carved up nicely from their point of view, and a game 95% are never invited to play. The all probably got amazing GPA's in any exams too.

Happy families.

Indeed happy families just like now.

Care to comment on the topic and family happiness at hand for a change ?

Care to mind your own business for change?

I was responding to a poster with blinkered memory, like so many.

Ask someone to read my other posts to you.

they all got their positions fairly not like those pesky Policemen!

Do military officers have to buy their commissions and then pay for a particular posting to a certain duty as policeman do?

Or is it more about family, connections and lineage?

Same same but different.

they all got their positions fairly not like those pesky Policemen!

Do military officers have to buy their commissions and then pay for a particular posting to a certain duty as policeman do?

Or is it more about family, connections and lineage?

Same same but different.

it's all the same and I am against such activities and FOR a meritocracy and don't think any of the 'forces' are any different there is no good 'army guy' and bad 'police guy' only one has more guns and is stronger BOTH should stay out of politics