Immigration House Calls

Dellboy218

I was told today of someone in my condo in Chiang Mai, who had a visit from Immigration within hours of processing their retirement extension at Promenada.

Why don't you start a topic about it in the Immigration forum. I think that would make the 4th in a week.biggrin.png

.... at least they are getting your post-count up! smile.png

Right there. All of a sudden a glut of friends who have had home visits. Never a single guy only married folks. Why. There must be a reason? You don't really think immigration are making home visits for retirement extensions in CM do you?biggrin.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told today of someone in my condo in Chiang Mai, who had a visit from Immigration within hours of processing their retirement extension at Promenada.

Why don't you start a topic about it in the Immigration forum. I think that would make the 4th in a week.biggrin.png

Right there. All of a sudden a glut of friends who have had home visits. Never a single guy only married folks. Why. There must be a reason? You don't really think immigration are making home visits for retirement extensions in CM do you?biggrin.png

Try reading some of the other threads, you may be surprised.

Actually, I am on a retirement visa!

What is that supposed to mean?

Did you take a woman or agency with you to get the retirement visa with you in CM?

Did you take a woman or agency with you to get the retirement visa with you in CM?

None of the above. I have not been yet as mentioned in an earlier post.

What is that supposed to mean?

That this topic has been springing up in a a few different threads, which would have surprised every one of us this time last week. This whole thing has only just started playing out we may be entertained if we're lucky.

How did they know where you were or your phone number?

How did they know where you were or your phone number?

And more importantly, how did this privately owned agency know he was due to do business at the immigration office?

Those three questions are the curtain raiser - the main entertainment will follow later.

Keep up. tongue.png

I thought I had seen "within 48 hours," as to when you need to report your new address. Wouldn't swear to it.

From the TM28 Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

That's only if the foreigner is staying in a private home.

Foreigners in hotels and Guesthouses are reported by reception.

If anyone is interested, its more than an hour past the appointed time the immigration official was supposed to visit. Nothing. I know of one other person this same immigration official has done this to in the past couple of days. To save someone guessing, I stay in a private house. How they knew my phone number I have no idea. I expect it is on some official form somewhere, you do not need to be a secret squirrel to find these things out.

This week the Immigration Office at CM was instructing people to put their phone number and/or email address on their documents. It was announced over the PA and I'm not clear if it was for everyone or just a particular kind of application. I don't know if that's standard, but I don't recall doing it before.

If anyone is interested, its more than an hour past the appointed time the immigration official was supposed to visit. Nothing. I know of one other person this same immigration official has done this to in the past couple of days. To save someone guessing, I stay in a private house. How they knew my phone number I have no idea. I expect it is on some official form somewhere, you do not need to be a secret squirrel to find these things out.

Did the landlord of the house request your passport and fill the details on a TM-30 form and submit it to immigration? I don't think there is a place for a phone number on the TM-30 form is there?

Did the landlord of the house request your passport and fill the details on a TM-30 form and submit it to immigration? I don't think there is a place for a phone number on the TM-30 form is there?

What is it with all these question? This is my house or at least the wifes. I have been here for 26 years and filled in so many forms for so many different authorities in that time. How they got my number does not concern me because there is sod all you can do about it. Go outside, get a life.

What is it with all these question? This is my house or at least the wifes. I have been here for 26 years and filled in so many forms for so many different authorities in that time. How they got my number does not concern me because there is sod all you can do about it. Go outside, get a life.

You started the thread by writing, "I am just intrigued as to whether any one else is getting house calls." I was telling you why they called you. If you don't want to know why did you start the thread? Certainly your wife would know if she submitted a TM-30 form and added a phone number. You wrote, " Actually, I am on a retirement visa!" When asked about getting a retirement extension you wrote, "None of the above. I have not been yet as mentioned in an earlier post."

I was trying to help you figure out why you were getting a house call. If you don't want to know OK but that leaves me wondering why you wrote the post in the first place.wai2.gif

They do house visits for married people and people who use agencies but not for single people has been my experience but I've never personally met a person on a retirement extension who as experienced a house visit.

Kap Choeng Immigration have been doing this for a while - and putting retirement extensions "under consideration" pending a house visit.

Bkk, Pattaya, and Phuket have been doing this for many years.

Phuket has been doing it, but, only for marriage visas. Never heard of a single person on a retirement visa being visited.

You started the thread by writing, "I am just intrigued as to whether any one else is getting house calls." I was telling you why they called you. If you don't want to know why did you start the thread? Certainly your wife would know if she submitted a TM-30 form and added a phone number. You wrote, " Actually, I am on a retirement visa!" When asked about getting a retirement extension you wrote, "None of the above. I have not been yet as mentioned in an earlier post."

I was trying to help you figure out why you were getting a house call. If you don't want to know OK but that leaves me wondering why you wrote the post in the first place.wai2.gif

They do house visits for married people and people who use agencies but not for single people has been my experience but I've never personally met a person on a retirement extension who as experienced a house visit.

I did indeed start the thread to ask if anyone else had been contacted. You have not therefore it does not apply to you. . Why would my wife submit any form? I am on a retirement visa. I said none of the above as I have not been yet to renew my visa. Someone else suggested you read the posts first, that sounds good advice.

The official still has not turned up so I think it is safe to say he is not going to do so therefore this thread is at an end. Thank you 'Thailand' for your assistance.

Chiang Mai Immigration has been asking us to write our phone numbers and email address on the TM7 extension forms for several years now. No big mystery how they get our phone numbers.

Maybe the OP has been to immigration before. It was not clear to me from his posts. He said he had not been to immigration yet, in one post and in another that he had been in Thailand for 26 years. Having been here for 26 years with no home visits I find difficult to fathom.

Chiang Mai Immigration has been asking us to write our phone numbers and email address on the TM7 extension forms for several years now. No big mystery how they get our phone numbers.

Maybe the OP has been to immigration before. It was not clear to me from his posts. He said he had not been to immigration yet, in one post and in another that he had been in Thailand for 26 years. Having been here for 26 years with no home visits I find difficult to fathom.

I think he simply said he has not been to renew his retirement visa yet, not that he has never been to immigration?

His renewal is due in Sept, as is that of many others.

To the best of my knowledge the proposed home visits was to promote the services of an agency as was mentioned by another poster on another thread.

Of the arranged visits I know of at least two where the persons who arranged the visits did not show up.

I think he simply said he has not been to renew his retirement visa yet, not that he has never been to immigration?

To the best of my knowledge the proposed home visits was to promote the services of an agency as was mentioned by another poster on another thread.

Of the arranged visits I know of at least two where the persons who arranged the visits did not show up.

That makes sense. I wonder how they got the phone numbers?

That makes sense. I wonder how they got the phone numbers?

Most of the forms you submit to immigration ask for phone numbers including 90 day reports.

I did my retirement extension last month at Jomtien Immigration, I can only say with their new set up was a massive improvement on the past, I went with all documents required,

All was dealt with politely and efficiently.

I put my phone number on all forms.

Why would my wife submit any form?

And therein lies the problem (I think). By law your wife has to report you - a foreigner - living in her house. If she has not filed the form TM-30, you can find it here, then fill it in and have her file it ----> http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

I had a call on Monday.. They made appointement , but not come to my house. I am on retirement extention more than 10 years here.. House belong to my wife, but we never made report before TM-30, no one ask . After this call to avoid any problem , we went to Immigration and submit form TM-30 to them. Problem eliminated.. Suggest to do same to all who never did this form to immigartion before and check if your landlord submited it as well.

I had a call on Monday.. They made appointement , but not come to my house. I am on retirement extention more than 10 years here.. House belong to my wife, but we never made report before TM-30, no one ask . After this call to avoid any problem , we went to Immigration and submit form TM-30 to them. Problem eliminated.. Suggest to do same to all who never did this form to immigartion before and check if your landlord submited it as well.

So like I said, that is the problem Dellboy218. Your wife has not been reporting you as required by law. File the form (link above) and no more threats of home visits by government officials.

Is your retirement visa renewal or 90 days due in the next month or so by any chance?

Yes, visa renewal next month. Some clarification from immigration - you should made report TM-30 once.. if you go somewhere in Thailand and stay in hotel ( they reported your temporary stay ) and after you return to your home, no need to submit this form again.. Only one time.. these rules up to now..

Yes, visa renewal next month. Some clarification from immigration - you should made report TM-30 once.. if you go somewhere in Thailand and stay in hotel ( they reported your temporary stay ) and after you return to your home, no need to submit this form again.. Only one time.. these rules up to now..

Thanks, you are confirming what I thought. I think is has nothing to do with TM30.

Archived