Immigration House Calls

Dellboy218

Yes, visa renewal next month. Some clarification from immigration - you should made report TM-30 once.. if you go somewhere in Thailand and stay in hotel ( they reported your temporary stay ) and after you return to your home, no need to submit this form again.. Only one time.. these rules up to now..

Thanks, you are confirming what I thought. I think is has nothing to do with TM30.

I would imagine someone is giving phone numbers to a private agency who is making the phone calls. Just my opinion of course. Out of 1000 expats maybe 1 has ever heard of the TM30 form.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiang Mai Immigration has been asking us to write our phone numbers and email address on the TM7 extension forms for several years now. No big mystery how they get our phone numbers.

Maybe the OP has been to immigration before. It was not clear to me from his posts. He said he had not been to immigration yet, in one post and in another that he had been in Thailand for 26 years. Having been here for 26 years with no home visits I find difficult to fathom.

I can not understand how he could be here 26 years and never been to immigration. As for home visits he says he is on a retirement Visa. To the best of my knowledge he is the only one to be on a retirement visa and get a home visit. I have heard of many cases of people with marriage visas receiving visits over the years. Dellboy218 seems to be the only one I have heard of on just a regular retirement visa to get one.

It would help if the people reporting the visits stated if their visa was a married one or not.

I had a call on Monday.. They made appointement , but not come to my house. I am on retirement extention more than 10 years here.. House belong to my wife, but we never made report before TM-30, no one ask . After this call to avoid any problem , we went to Immigration and submit form TM-30 to them. Problem eliminated.. Suggest to do same to all who never did this form to immigartion before and check if your landlord submited it as well.

So like I said, that is the problem Dellboy218. Your wife has not been reporting you as required by law. File the form (link above) and no more threats of home visits by government officials.

He claims to be on a retirement visa not a marriage visa. Would that still apply?

I had a call on Monday.. They made appointement , but not come to my house. I am on retirement extention more than 10 years here.. House belong to my wife, but we never made report before TM-30, no one ask . After this call to avoid any problem , we went to Immigration and submit form TM-30 to them. Problem eliminated.. Suggest to do same to all who never did this form to immigartion before and check if your landlord submit

ed it as well.

So like I said, that is the problem Dellboy218. Your wife has not been reporting you as required by law. File the form (link above) and no more threats of home visits by government officials.

He claims to be on a retirement visa not a marriage visa. Would that still apply?

Read post 51

I had a call on Monday.. They made appointement , but not come to my house. I am on retirement extention more than 10 years here.. House belong to my wife, but we never made report before TM-30, no one ask . After this call to avoid any problem , we went to Immigration and submit form TM-30 to them. Problem eliminated.. Suggest to do same to all who never did this form to immigartion before and check if your landlord submit

ed it as well.

Read post 51

Post 51 doesn't know if he is on a retirement visa or a marriage visa. Post number 1 says he is on a retirement visa.

There have been several reports of immigration coming out to the homes. I would guess it is to try to eliminate the scammers. People pay a bar girl for the use of there name. Just like people get 800,000 baht loans for three months or people claim they are making 65,000 baht plus a month at their consulate or embassy when in fact they are not.

Just as some immigrants try to scam there will be some Thais trying to scam.

Same same, tic for tac whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I am sure you get the idea

Re read post 51 regarding the home visits and op is on retirement visa which is due for renewal in September.

Quite correct Thailand. I have no doubt you were correct in your post that the authorities are making people aware of the services of this company and would undoubtedly like one to use it.

I have just been to the Promenada at 1300 to enquire about applying for an extension to my RETIREMENT Visa on Monday. The lady said she had spare slots this afternoon so as I happened to have my bank letter with me........ I will be picking my passport up at 1700. For retirement and multiple entry their fee was 3500B, something like 2000 for the Visa and 1500 for the multiple entry. Next to the immigration is a photocopy shop and next to that is G4T. The fact that spare slots were available for a 'walk-in' does tend to suggest collusion.

Just to make absolutely clear so there is no misunderstanding. These charges DO NOT include the cost of the Visa or entry permits.

post-104371-0-41765100-1440746307_thumb.

Re read post 51 regarding the home visits and op is on retirement visa which is due for renewal in September.

Quite correct Thailand. I have no doubt you were correct in your post that the authorities are making people aware of the services of this company and would undoubtedly like one to use it.

I have just been to the Promenada at 1300 to enquire about applying for an extension to my RETIREMENT Visa on Monday. The lady said she had spare slots this afternoon so as I happened to have my bank letter with me........ I will be picking my passport up at 1700. For retirement and multiple entry their fee was 3500B, something like 2000 for the Visa and 1500 for the multiple entry. Next to the immigration is a photocopy shop and next to that is G4T. The fact that spare slots were available for a 'walk-in' does tend to suggest collusion.

Thanks for the photo. Does it really say "One Stop Service" on the G4T banner? facepalm.gif

Thanks for the photo. Does it really say "One Stop Service" on the G4T banner? facepalm.gif

It is pointing to the 'One-stop service' Immigration office!

Let me get this straight. There was no home visit for a retirement extension and this thread was more like an infomercial for G4T?

Haven't you got it yet?

The home visits by uniformed personnel was to recommend that people coming up to their renewals should use a service provided by an agent that just happens to be next to immigration at Promenada.

They have people's telephone numbers, visa expiration , general data etc. If you get a call from immigration saying that want to see you at your home what are you going to say?

Let me get this straight. There was no home visit for a retirement extension and this thread was more like an infomercial for G4T?

Haven't you got it yet?

The home visits by uniformed personnel was to recommend that people coming up to their renewals should use a service provided by an agent that just happens to be next to immigration at Promenada.

They have people's telephone numbers, visa expiration , general data etc. If you get a call from immigration saying that want to see you at your home what are you going to say?

OK I get it. Is that what happened to the OP (I must have missed his conversation with the uniformed people at his home visit)?

Haven't you got it yet?

Thailand....I think you are banging your head against a brick wall....I somehow doubt whether he/she could get a laser to run straight!

Haven't you got it yet?

They have people's telephone numbers, visa expiration , general data etc. If you get a call from immigration saying that want to see you at yourhome what are you going to say?

OK I get it. Is that what happened to the OP (I must have missed his conversation with the uniformed people at his home visit)?

No, you obviously missed the post on another thread relating to exactly what I posted.

Haven't you got it yet?

They have people's telephone numbers, visa expiration , general data etc. If you get a call from immigration saying that want to see you at yourhome what are you going to say?

No, you obviously missed the post on another thread relating to exactly what I posted.

If you are not the OP in this thread how would you know what the immigration officers told the OP? Maybe don't tell me I missed something without telling me what I missed. This thread was about a home visit to the OP. Did that happen? Is it too much to ask about the topic of this thread?

Just to make absolutely clear so there is no misunderstanding. These charges DO NOT include the cost of the Visa or entry permits.

Correction Dellboy, it's 3000 for retirement extension and 500 for ReEntry permit. I have it noted by them yesterday. Also 500 per 90 day report.

Correction Dellboy, it's 3000 for retirement extension and 500 for ReEntry permit. I have it noted by them yesterday. Also 500 per 90 day report.

kaptainrob, all other reports to date (several) have stated that it's 2000 for a retirement extension at G4T.

If you are not the OP in this thread how would you know what the immigration officers told the OP? Maybe don't tell me I missed something without telling me what I missed. This thread was about a home visit to the OP. Did that happen? Is it too much to ask about the topic of this thread?

OK, here goes. The OP, who is a former employee of Trotters Independent Traders, and who later revealed that he is here on a Non O visa for the purpose of retirement, said that he was on holiday tootling around Khon Kaen when he got a phone call from what he assumed was immigration wanting to visit him at home to discuss his responsibilities of living here. He was, understandably, a little confused by it and wanted to know if it had happened to anyone else.

It appears from other posts in this and other threads that he isn't alone in being phoned, that it isn't immigration but a private company who are phoning people and that it is indeed, in your words, an informecial.

This private company appears to have access to phone numbers and due dates of renewals and reporting and they are cold calling potential customers to offer their services. They aren't saying it's compulsory. On the home visit that was noted here, the company representative making the home visit was accompanied by 2 uniformed Immigration Officers. It was at night time, so presumably they had finished work for the day so perhaps they were there to help him out with translations if he doesn't speak English.

And yes, I do realise the implications of having spelled this out so that nobody is in any doubt. Consider it a public service announcement.

OK, here goes. The OP, who is a former employee of Trotters Independent Traders, and who later revealed that he is here on a Non O visa for the purpose of retirement, said that he was on holiday tootling around Khon Kaen when he got a phone call from what he assumed was immigration wanting to visit him at home to discuss his responsibilities of living here. He was, understandably, a little confused by it and wanted to know if it had happened to anyone else.

It appears from other posts in this and other threads that he isn't alone in being phoned, that it isn't immigration but a private company who are phoning people and that it is indeed, in your words, an informecial.

This private company appears to have access

to phone numbers and due dates of renewals and reporting and they are cold calling potential customers to offer their services. They aren't saying it's compulsory. On the home visit that was noted here, the company representative making the home visit was accompanied by 2 uniformed Immigration Officers. It was at night time, so presumably they had finished work for the day so perhaps they were there to help him out with translations if he doesn't speak English.

And yes, I do realise the implications of having spelled this out so that nobody is in any doubt. Consider it a public service announcement.

"Lovely Jubbly"

This private company appears to have access

to phone numbers and due dates of renewals and reporting and they are cold calling potential customers to offer their services. They aren't saying it's compulsory. On the home visit that was noted here, the company representative making the home visit was accompanied by 2 uniformed Immigration Officers. It was at night time, so presumably they had finished work for the day so perhaps they were there to help him out with translations if he doesn't speak English.

"Lovely Jubbly"
Thanks Rodney! For what its worth I turned up at 1700 and my passport was waiting for me. Not a step inside immigration. My apologies. To ammend an earlier post. Its 3000B for the visa and 500B for the multiple entry.

Time for a cold beer and music around the corner!

P.s.Lostoday......Thailand and myself have been in private contact over the past few days. He is well aware of the situation.

G4T is in the background

post-104371-0-60971800-1440757327_thumb.

kaptainrob, all other reports to date (several) have stated that it's 2000 for a retirement extension at G4T.

I only report what I know to be factual and correct (as of yesterday) and I checked twice with both G4T personnel.

Perhaps they are still finding their feet, so to speak, and began with a few cheaper deals?

This private company appears to have access to phone numbers and due dates of renewals and reporting and they are cold calling potential customers to offer their services. They aren't saying it's compulsory. On the home visit that was noted here, the company representative making the home visit was accompanied by 2 uniformed Immigration Officers. It was at night time, so presumably they had finished work for the day so perhaps they were there to help him out with translations if he doesn't speak English.

Thank you for that. Did the OP get a home visit?

I only report what I know to be factual and correct (as of yesterday) and I checked twice with both G4T personnel.

Perhaps they are still finding their feet, so to speak, and began with a few cheaper deals?

Probably in true Thai style not getting enough customers at THB2000 so raised it to THB3000 (-:

Sorry, I thought that was clear. Dellboy was in another province when he got the call. He's on holiday, away from home so obviously he wasn't available for the home visit.

Hopefully his plastic pig will get him home safely.

(One exploded outside my mam's house a lot of years ago. It was very funny).

Sorry, I thought that was clear. Dellboy was in another province when he got the call. He's on holiday, away from home so obviously he wasn't available for the home visit.

My Robin is feeling unwell after that remark. How many cars do you know that you right one handed after its fallen over?

New York - Paris - Sanpakwan. Doesnt sound the same without Peckham does it!

My Robin is feeling unwell after that remark. How many cars do you know that you right one handed after its fallen over?

New York - Paris - Sanpakwan. Doesnt sound the same without Peckham does it!

My husband has just read the thread and points out that the pig caught fire and exploded - he says the way I wrote it made it sound like a bomb. Still funny. And still unexplained.

We used to go up and down the A19 a lot (we lived in Teeside, my parents were in Doncaster) and we would pass Michaels of Selby all the time. I was amazed a few years ago (I think it was the millenium year 2000) to see that it was still open AND SELLING PIGS, we stopped for a look around and a stretch (and a photo; try explaining pigs to Australians), I can remember what I was wearing (which is why I remember the year) but noticed when we passed it this year that it is now a smart car type showroom.

RIP Robin; I knew him well.

What about the time he was in the Navy, eh? Every single ship he ever sailed on either got torpedoed or dive-bombed... two of ’em in peace time

just who is "the lady"? the Immigration Officer i assume?

Archived