US is now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015

webfact

Putting aside the argument that easy access to guns exacerbates whatever existing violent tendencies in a society, let's look at it from the point of view of "freedumze" that the Right likes to go on about. In a democracy, elected legislators should take some account of what the people want. The fact is that 92 percent of gun owners support universal background checks ( http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/211321-poll-most-gun-owners-support-universal-background-checks ). So why are elected legislators doing only what the NRA wants? When public opinion is ignored in favour of corporate opinion, what kind of freedom is that?

If universal background checks were instituted, it would not infringe on the freedom of law-abiding citizens to buy guns. It would however reduce gun sales because loonies would less easily be able to buy, because it increases friction in business with increased paperwork, because waiting periods will negatively impact impulse buys, etc. The NRA is not concerned with your "freedumze" They concerned about gun sales.

T

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 pages of US bashing TV is on a role here with its hate.

11 pages of debate and that is all you can come up with?

Essentially you seem to think that criticising the US gun control is US-Bashing? Well there are literally millions of Americans who think that US is in need of gun control - including the president - so by your logic these are US-bashers too?

Edited by cumgranosalum

Do you think any Americans find mass murder acceptable? I've never met anyone who did.

The debate is how to stop it not that it is wrong. Everyone agrees it's wrong. That's why the constant repetition of the number of gun deaths serves no purpose.

No one wants even one gun death or any wrongful death.

so tyou seem to be running round in circles - do you have any other solution apart form gun control? Because it seems the logical answer to me.

10 most dangerous cities in the world for gun crime are not in the USA they are in South America.

Brazil has 19 cities in the top 50.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/50-most-violent-cities-in-the-world/ss-AA8LUZK

Drug crime.

It's not like the Japanese Americans and British Americans are running drugs and guns into American cities. Not too hard to figure out where they are going.

Legalize drugs and get the illegal guns off the street then make the cities safe.

Cities with the Highest Rates of Total Gun-Related Deaths

(per 100,000 people) Rank City City Rate Metro Rate City/Metro

Ratio 1 New Orleans Detroit Las Vegas Miami Baltimore St. Louis Richmond Memphis Cleveland Philadelphia.

I wouldn't worry about the criminals moving to suburbia or Wyoming.

The most gun crimes come from South America where does America get most of it's illegal immigrants? Not hard to put 2 and 2 together. I believe Mr. Trump has it figured out.

and for all the deaths in south american cities, where do you presume most the guns come from? The US of course

So the US need for a right to bear arms, leads to many deaths in other countries too

Germany makes a lot as do Mexico and Brazil and Argentina.

http://www.waoline.com/detente/sport/hunt-/ArcheryLinks/ArmsLinks.htm

I was unaware you also wanted the USA to stop manufacturing guns. That's kind of a new twist isn't it?

The right to bear arms and the right to manufacture guns are two different things. Are you suggesting to prohibit the manufacture of guns in the USA or world?

post-232807-0-94442400-1440998235_thumb.

<snip>

and for all the deaths in south american cities, where do you presume most the guns come from? The US of course

So the US need for a right to bear arms, leads to many deaths in other countries too

Your presumption might not be spot on, as they say in the UK.

Here are a few of the larger manufacturers.

1. Beretta, an Italian company.

2. Browning Fabrique National, a Belgian company.

3. Glock, an Austrian company.

4. Heckler & Koch, a German company

5. Israel Military Industries, an Israeli company.

6. Izhmash, a Russian company, manufacturers of the AK series.

7. Sig Sauer, a German company.

8. Walther, a German company.

9. Colt, a US company.

10. Remington, a US company that no longer makes handguns.

11. Smith & Wesson, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

Less well known manufacturers include China's Norinco, Zastava from Serbia and Taurus, which is based in Brazil. Norinco (China North Industries Limited) mass produces tens of thousands of cheap pistols for export.
Other brands are Spain's Astra, CZ from the Czech Republic, MKE of Turkey and Miroku, based in Japan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Now permit me to presume you can provide a link that supports your statement that:
"and for all the deaths in south american cities, where do you presume most the guns come from? The US of course"

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

Less well known manufacturers include China's Norinco, Zastava from Serbia and Taurus, which is based in Brazil. Norinco (China North Industries Limited) mass produces tens of thousands of cheap pistols for export.
Other brands are Spain's Astra, CZ from the Czech Republic, MKE of Turkey and Miroku, based in Japan.
Now permit me to presume you can provide a link that supports your statement that:
"and for all the deaths in south american cities, where do you presume most the guns come from? The US of course"

So you're saying a South American gangster mail orders a Browning from Belgium?

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

In 2009 I believe they seized 4.6 tons of South American cocaine in Belgium. I don't think they have much of a transportation problem. Although you might want to check out 7

Self-sufficiency in Latin America.
My point from above was that the illegal guns in America and South America are because of drugs. Deal with the drug problem and you have dealt with the gun problem.
However those that want to disarm America of both legal and illegal guns will face a hard road.
Edited by lostoday

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

Why would they need to when they have Taurus based in Brazil?

You didn't read my post , did you.

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

I did, but as usual you're avoiding the question with some side information that makes it look like you're answering.

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

I did, but as usual you're avoiding the question with some side information that makes it look like you're answering.

Your question is this?

" So you're saying a South American gangster mail orders a Browning from Belgium?"

​My response to that particular bit of idiocy is:.

"No, you said that. I never said anything of the sort."

Your question is this?

" So you're saying a South American gangster mail orders a Browning from Belgium?"

Thanks, but that was not the question you avoided answering with your manufacturers origin.

Never mind though.

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

Why mail order. Why not just go to the gun store and buy one? You do know that Browning exports all over the world?

Your question is this?

Thanks, but that was not the question you avoided answering with your manufacturers origin.

Never mind though.

Humor me. What question did I "avoid answering"?

Not suprising when firearms can be bought as easy as a coca cola from seven eleven.... A Ban on firearms is long overdue - sure the cowboys will cry its against their freedom and right to protect themselves. But the rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!

Not suprising when firearms can be bought as easy as a coca cola from seven eleven.... A Ban on firearms is long overdue - sure the cowboys will cry its against their freedom and right to protect themselves. But the rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!

Perhaps you should look at the firearms laws in the USA they vary by state as it is the United States of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

Why are you afraid of Americans having guns? How does it affect you?

You wrote, "The rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!"

Among the best countries for gun owners are Finland, Sweden, Canada, Norway and Switzerland.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-countries-gun-owners/

Of all of the points you try to make none of them are correct. Even in the old West gun control laws were on the whole rather strict.

Edited by lostoday

"Rest of the world" . Could you be more specific, please?

President Obama was on International TV last week, he stated that the US was prepared to spend billions to combat terrorist activities but they were not prepared to spend anything on domestic firearm abuse.

Says it all.

No. Obama disapproval rating in May 52%.

Ahhh The old scream US bashing whenever someone has the temerity to disagree with your liberal thinking on any matter. We suffer the same thing here in the UK whenever someone dares to criticise the likes of immigration etc. There they scream Racist to simply shut down any argument.

If you can't argue your opinion then keep quiet for me.

Don't get me wrong here. Banning guns doesn't and never will stop gun crime. It certainly hasn't in the UK.

I would rather look further into why so many people on psychotropic drugs go on to do this type of heinous crime but that would mean having a pop at the big Pharma and they are the real big boys in this game not the guns or the NRA

OH and just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you hate it like you infer.

Again that is just a pathetic attempt to shut down any debate on a subject you are struggling to defend sorry.gif

Ahhh The old scream US bashing whenever someone has the temerity to disagree with your liberal thinking on any matter. We suffer the same thing here in the UK whenever someone dares to criticise the likes of immigration etc. There they scream Racist to simply shut down any argument.

If you can't argue your opinion then keep quiet for me.

Don't get me wrong here. Banning guns doesn't and never will stop gun crime. It certainly hasn't in the UK.

I would rather look further into why so many people on psychotropic drugs go on to do this type of heinous crime but that would mean having a pop at the big Pharma and they are the real big boys in this game not the guns or the NRA

OH and just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you hate it like you infer.

Again that is just a pathetic attempt to shut down any debate on a subject you are struggling to defend sorry.gif

Who is trying to defend? Posts like, "grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!" are not literate debate or contribution to the thread they are simply bashing.

President Obama was on International TV last week, he stated that the US was prepared to spend billions to combat terrorist activities but they were not prepared to spend anything on domestic firearm abuse.

Says it all.

Are you saying that the US congress is prepared to spend billions on gun crime.

Says it all.

Are you saying that the US congress is prepared to spend billions on gun crime.

No they are not and that is one of the reasons most Americans disapprove of Obama.

Perhaps you should look at the firearms laws in the USA they vary by state as it is the United States of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

You wrote, "The rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!"

Among the best countries for gun owners are Finland, Sweden, Canada, Norway and Switzerland.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-countries-gun-owners/

Of all of the points you try to make none of them are correct. Even in the old West gun control laws were on the whole rather strict.

Terrific! Thanks!

Guns&Ammo.com! Hillarious!

I suggest everyone down loads the link and read the comments at the bottom about why New Zealand is not on the list

I thought you were being ironic, but no, you really are into all that stuff

Would you like some copies of Padlock Monthly or Burgler Alarm World?

The list includes Norway and Switzerland who have citizen armies together with Serbia and Honduras! This is supposed to be funny? Great gag!

I will spare you the deaths from firearms per 100,000 statistics

Haha!

It must be from Monty Python!

Actually and restraining my natural tendency to be ironic, if you read the details for the European countries and Canada, there are the seeds of a solution. Look at Finland, loads of guns (and loads of booze) but firearms are not a problem. Why? Read Guns£ammo!

Edited by Grouse

Terrific! Thanks!

I suggest everyone down loads the link and read the comments at the bottom about why New Zealand is not on the list

I thought you were being ironic, but no, you really are into all that stuff

Would you like some copies of Padlock Monthly or Burgler Alarm World?

The list includes Norway and Switzerland who have citizen armies together with Serbia and Honduras! This is supposed to be funny? Great gag!

I will spare you the deaths from firearms per 100,000 statistics

Haha!

It must be from Monty Python!

Who better to know countries where it is easy to own a gun that Guns and Ammo magazine?wink.png

Who cares about NZ? Is it a topic of this thread?

I didn't flame you. Why flame me? Just because I'm an American and own guns? How does that effect you?

If America scares you don't go. thumbsup.gif

A previous poster was debating the extent of the bashing as opposed to fact exploration.

These are your flames/bashes

1. Terrific! Thanks!

2. I thought you were being ironic, but no, you really are into all that stuff

3. Would you like some copies of Padlock Monthly or Burgler Alarm World?

4. Haha! It must be from Monty Python!

To the poster above who wondered if the bashing was real.

You and that lady above seem to think America is the only country that allows gun ownership. Not true.

Edited by lostoday

Sorry, I did not mean to flame you.

I had not seen the journal previously and it made me laugh

Sorry if I offended you ?

That's OK. I think most Americans are like me. Get the guns away from the drug lords and gang bangers and leave them in the hands of the hunters and home/business owners who know how to handle them.

Gun control laws only control guns in the legitimate market and they are not the problem. America has a crime and drug problem and guns are an integral part of that problem.

Do you want to take the guns from the cops and business owners that are at risk every day of murder and mayhem?

<snip>

9. Colt, a US company.

12. OTHER MAKES

here is one link that backs up what i said

https://www.change.org/p/stop-illegal-gun-smuggling-that-fuels-violence-in-mexico

part of it states "A congressional report from last year noted that 70% of the weapons seized in Mexico in 2009 and 2010 and submitted for tracing came from the United States."

A friend sent me this observation I thought might be relevant here:

Actor Mark Hamill suggested America should take a cue from Australia in banning certain types of guns. That included a buy back.

For the cost of just one war in Iraq, America could buy every gun in the United States for $1000 each. And still have well over a trillion dollars left to buy every gun shop including lifetime pension for its owners. Plus buy every gun factory.

Too bad guns don't kill people the way 9/11 did.

T

here is one link that backs up what i said

https://www.change.org/p/stop-illegal-gun-smuggling-that-fuels-violence-in-mexico

part of it states "A congressional report from last year noted that 70% of the weapons seized in Mexico in 2009 and 2010 and submitted for tracing came from the United States."

Is your point the country that manufacturers the weapons is responsible for the deaths they cause?

Edited by lostoday