Chief investigator says Erawan shrine bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off course it is not Thai persons carrying out these dirty crimes. They are the model of decency, high values and super ethics. The police are honest and take no tea money. And when a Thai makes a mistake , thy only have to become a mond for a week. Then they become perfect again.

Common you farangs who are corrupting the Thais. go back to your country and leave Perfect Thailand alone.

Most professional law enforcement agencies that I ever had contact with, or worked for, had one spokesperson that issued press releases and other information to the media and general public.

This practice is sorely lacking in this, and other instances. It seems that any incident is an opportunity for many "functionaries" to belly up to the trough for their fifteen minutes of fame in front of the media, with several coming for second and third helpings.

The result is what is seen on a daily basis, which is, conflicting information, personal assumptions and outright public relations disasters. Medals, uniforms and position does not make a creditable and informed speaker.

The world continues to stare in disbelief at the comedic revelations taking place.

Doubtful that anyone finds it comedic.

Thais don't need an authorized spokesperson because the mantra is always the same regardless of who delivers it, to wit., the spox in BKK echoes the spox in Koh Tao by saying he's certain no Thai would do such a thing.

So now we should draw up a list of the worlds most cruel people to establish the possible suspects and of course Thais will not be on the list because they would never do such a cruel thing ! Please Mr. top police man give us a little more credit for our intelligence.

I just have a few thoughts on who did this Horrific act , my first is ISIS , which destroyed some Historical area

in Middle East recently and the Extremists of Islam possibly got one of their non-Arabic members to destroy the Erawan Shrine.

The 2nd is a former PM who is in Exile , may have hired the Bomber to cause a fear in the Tourism Industry , which even as the Baht becomes a better deal for Tourists in some Currencies , which would have helped tourism immensely this coming High Season , the Bombs may have just taken away the High Season all-together ! Tourists , may not feel safe in Thailand . They may not realize , it does not matter where you travel to in the World , the Nut cases causing these terrorist incidents ,may pop up anywhere in the world . If people stay home , then the Terrorists have won , they have changed the way people

go on about their business in the world these days by instilling FEAR into their minds. We should always be alert when you travel , but to fear going anyplace accomplishes the damage they hope to inflict on the Tourism Industry on both ends. The country's population suffer loss of revenue and Traveler's plans are affected , cancelling their plans to travel or just changing location , someone loses out !

Thais could not have done this but no convincing evidence is presented as to why not. A foreign group cannot be ruled out. Basically he has no clue who did it whatsoever and the trail and the chances of ever catching anyone went cold a long time ago.

Funnily enough I watched the movie, The Baader Meinhof Complex tonight and there is a scene where the terrorists in the early 70s are making pipe bombs stuffed with ball bearings, just like the ones apparently used here. It is odd that this style of bomb is also said by police not to conform to Thainess which prescribes nails not ball bearings, despite that fact that ball bearings are readily available in Thailand and there have been bomb making manuals around showing that method since the 50s or 60s or earlier. No reason why Thai terrorists shouldn't use that tried and tested method.

"Could hardly credit it" when informed certain Thai persons were behind the bombings.

"Facts are facts" well there's a first.

"A major meeting will be called to decide what action to take." Oh good a meeting, will there be lunch included?

No Thai would be so cruel! No comment!

Presumptuous to make hasty conclusions. Good point, would hate to see them ever do that.

Dire consequences with regards to relations with particular persons foreign states. No, no, no not going to hit tourism is it! Also it appears the they suspect that the country of origin of the perpatrator are so imature that they will take it as a national slight.

So not a Thai, not a foriegner what now, is the hunt on for extra terrestrials. But then again may'be a Thai, may'be a foreigner but at this stage cannot conclude that it was not the work of an extra terrestrial!

Oh, God, please make him stop!

As long as it is ' a major meeting' - we can be assured the investigation will be complete and impartial - even in the remote case it was a Thai ordered bombing by other Thais!

Idiots talk again !

thais quite happily grenade attacked the Big C just across the junction from erawan back during the suthep illegal rallies killing quite a few including children.

Had a Japanese tourist dumped from a taxi near wat hua lampong a while back too after the thai driver raped & beat her. Funny how many thai woman won't take a taxi on their own :-/ obviously they now what thais can & do get up to ... shame the police don't want to know !!

Edited by BuckBee

"He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen."

But they were, in fact, cruel enough to murder and rape thousands of Vietnamese Boat people and inflict unspeakable atrocities upon them. Not to mention the fact that the Thai government at the time made no attempt to put a stop to these homicidal acts.
Edited by oslooskar

The related, ongoing tragedy is that RTP credibility and overall reputation have deteriorated to the point, not just locally but globally, where the top cop in the land can barely get a word out, in the wake of a monumental atrocity, without inspiring nothing but disbelief and derision in listeners & readers. This didn't happen overnight. And I feel the greatest sympathy for those few remaining honest, responsible, and capable cops, wherever they are. It's the wrong thread, but for those having difficulty defining it, THAT'S third world! Any foreign assistance would be pointless: it would just be ignored.

QUOTE: "

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Jaktip Chaichinda said he could hardly believe it when he was informed certain Thai persons were behind the bombings."

Who informed you, general?

Who were the "Thai persons"?

Did you investigate them? (I suspect not because no Thai person would do this.)

Because you don't believe a Thai person could do this, is your investigation incomplete and being steered in the wrong direction?

Are you the right person to be heading up this investigation when you allow your personal beliefs (ie, no Thai ... etc) to prejudice the scope?

If Thais are found to be involved, will you do the honorable thing and fall on your sword?

All Thais have rose coloured glasses. Thais never do anything wrong. Its all good in their eyes. Thailand you are being observed under a big microscope by the rest of this world. Step up or once agian you will go backwards. As your country, apart from recent technology, is already lagging 50 years behind western society, see if you can make the 100 year deficet. To make this happen you will need to start careing about peoples lives & not just your own selfish attitudes.

Reading this article gave me a headache.

I don't think I could construct a more disjointed, self contradictory set of words if I tried for a week.

It must be the translation! cheesy.gif

I am sure it is the translation, at least I hope so. But then again the BIB don't have a very good rep...................

This is the line I choked on reading -

................."He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen."....................

He has not been paying attention, where was he in 2010, 2014 ?

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Awesome how ignorant and xenophoebic some people can be ... Is this loonie not aware that shooting, stabbing and rapes thai against thai happens on a daily basis ... just look at how they kill each other, drunk driving, in the traffic mayhem blink.png

Forget the road accidents as that is just stupidity. Thailand has one of the highest murder rates per capita in the world and that is all Thai's killing Thai's. To say a Thai would not be so cruel just shows shear and blatant stupidity on the part of the BIB.

Even if they have the skills, technology, training and intelligence to solve crimes like this, how could they ever really solve a crime with such a narrow mind set as this?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Even if they have the skills, technology, training and intelligence to solve crimes like this, how could they ever really solve a crime with such a narrow mind set as this?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Perhaps they could recruit those more qualified than themselves from abroad.

It is with disbelief that I read this knowing these words are coming from the chief Investigator. This man has no idea how to deal with an attack as serious as this, why oh why won't the Thai authorities call on other nations with more experience for help.

He also sends a big message to the terrorists that if you are going to commit such terrible crimes in Thailand employ a Thai person to do it. Because you know that with this idiot in charge it guarantees Thai people will be ruled out of the investigation within a week,, because (and I quote) "a Thai person could never be so cruel",,

What a total moron. Thailand deserves better, the grieving families deserve better,, someone ask for help for pities sake and catch these people.