TM30, Yellow House Book, or both?

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Yes she does, but only if you have left the country. One has to be filled out within 24 hours of your return weekends not applicable. You should then get a slip of paper that you put in your passport to verify same.

There are new rules, like if you leave house and stay at another address for more than 24 hours the owner of house must report same to local Immigration or local police within 48 hours. Failing to do same she/he will be fined.

Staying at a hotel is fine provided you use your passport to sign in as they the hotel should report you to the local police.

Just had a friend of mine who used his wife's ID to check into a hotel and his wife got fined 800bt for not complying with the rules. IM said that if he had got a receipt from hotel with his passport No: on it there wouldn't have been a problem. New rules every day so it seems.

Odd, I had just returned from Overseas on Tuesday, went to immigration within 24 hrs as previously

GF advised not needed in future!!!

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

...Just had a friend of mine who used his wife's ID to check into a hotel and his wife got fined 800bt for not complying with the rules...

Was this at the Udon Thain immigration office?

3 hours ago, nudger said:

Odd, I had just returned from Overseas on Tuesday, went to immigration within 24 hrs as previously

GF advised not needed in future!!!

What immigration office was this?

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

Was this at the Udon Thain immigration office?

No K.P.Phet office they seem to apply by the rules, also make them up as the go along. To give you an idea I don't do a married visa. I have put 800th in a 3 year deposit account for my 1 year retirement one . They told me the other week that I needed more than 800th for same. That's was till I informed them that's the amount  the Thai government required 800th so that's what they got. Also I had to have the wife along when I did said visa ??? a real pain in the Butt K.P.Phet visa office.

Edited by fredob43

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 4:01 PM, elviajero said:

@ Maestro.

Are all foreigners listed as house-master in the yellow house book?

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 11:28 PM, Maestro said:

No, only the first person entered in the book. Other foreigners staying in the same house or apartment are not listed as house master.

That's not totally correct.

The owner will be registered as the 'House Master' in their Blue book.

Yellow books issued to foreigners you are normally registered as the 'Poo Assai', person who lives there.

Very, very few Amphurs are willing to register you as a 'House Master' in the Yellow book.

If your one of the lucky few, your in the minority.

An exception is where your single, home owner, blue book, but cannot be named in it.

In that situation the Amphur may register you as the 'House Master' in the Yellow book.

50 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

An exception is where your single, home owner, blue book, but cannot be named in it.

In that situation the Amphur may register you as the 'House Master' in the Yellow book.

In my yellow book they wrote "เจ้าบ้าน", which is Houseowner or condo-owner in my case. So I count myself lucky.

This was done in Bangkok Klongsan area.

7 hours ago, HampiK said:

In my yellow book they wrote "เจ้าบ้าน", which is Houseowner or condo-owner in my case. So I count myself lucky.

This was done in Bangkok Klongsan area.

Since you own a condo, as Spock would say, "That's logical." No (illogical) luck involved.