minivan from sukhumvit road to bangkok?

mike111

Mates,

I'm planning to visit BKK and was wondering if I can flag down a minivan on sukhumvit road, say around the outlet mall.

There seems to be an endless supply of them so waiting time should be minimal.

Do they go all the way to BKK? and if so what's the fare like?

Cheers

at the top of Pattaya Klang and Sukhumvit there are about three or four different companies offering this service straight to Bangkok for around about 150 baht .

I don't know the exact fare because I would never use them because of their dangerous driving practices. Driving fast, tailgating the vehicle in front and continuously talking on their mobile phones at the same time and I'm sorry but they simply don't have the driving skills( or good enough reaction times ) to multitask while they are driving even though they might like to think they do.rolleyes.gif

post-149848-0-20214800-1440942479_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel

at the corner of the Soi Watboonkanjanaram with the Sukhumvit, there a small thrift and sweets shop right next to the matress seller store. They sell the tickets to the minivans that go to Bangkok's Victory Monument every hour. The minivans pick up the passengers right in front of this store.

I remember when they are not full, they also pick up more passengers at said stop at the Pattaya Klang / Sukhumvit corner.

You can`t flag them down like a taxi or a Samlor . . . . they use fixed stops which you have to locate by asking around. . . . the two mentioned here are the most prevalent, and the minivans leave every hour throughout the day from there

When you wish to return from Bangkok, all the Minivans leave from the Victory Monument Minivan Services . . it's located underneath the Skytrain BTS Platform "Victory Monument" ( " Anusaowareechai")

Edited by crazygreg44

The price for the trip from Jomtien to Victory Monument BKK has always been 140-150. I would be suspicious if anyone offers it to me for 99 THB. Maybe that's the price for a minivan that stops a million of times between Pattaya and Chonburi, later to drop you at the intersection of the Bangna-Trat Highway/ Chachoengsao north of Chonburi. Happened to us once. Horror!

The aformentioned minivans go straightway to Bangkok and mostly never ever stop. Occasionally they let a passenger exit somewhere along the route.

Edited by crazygreg44

The price for the trip from Jomtien to Victory Monument BKK has always been 140-150. I would be suspicious if anyone offers it to me for 99 THB. Maybe that's the price for a minivan that stops a million of times between Pattaya and Chonburi, later to drop you at the intersection of the Bangna-Trat Highway/ Chachoengsao north of Chonburi. Happened to us once. Horror!

The aformentioned minivans go straightway to Bangkok and mostly never ever stop. Occasionally they let a passenger exit somewhere along the route.

Not sure crazygreg - I know for certain that that is the price from Pattaya Tai opposite chinese supermarket as I enquired about it when I was told I needed to go to the Embassy regarding an issue with my Thai driving test earlier this year, but could not comment on whether it stops anywhere else on the way. The agent also told me it is the same price back from same place - every 15 minutes both ways. I was surprised they run so frequently but thats what I was told :)

Not sure crazygreg - I know for certain that that is the price from Pattaya Tai opposite chinese supermarket as I enquired about it when I was told I needed to go to the Embassy regarding an issue with my Thai driving test earlier this year, but could not comment on whether it stops anywhere else on the way. The agent also told me it is the same price back from same place - every 15 minutes both ways. I was surprised they run so frequently but thats what I was told smile.png

You both are talking about two different companies! Yes, there is a mini-van that leaves from Jomtien for about 150 baht and yes there's a mini-van that leaves from Pattaya Tai across the street from Friendship (the Chinese supermarket) for 99 baht. There's a van service on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit. Last I checked their price was about 120 baht. There also a mini-van service that leaves from the petro station on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Klang for 92 baht. They also have a pick up point on Pattaya Tai across from Friendship. It's called Pattaya Van. They all go straight to Bangkok (Victory Monument) Non-stop (except for gas). Occasionally they pick up a passenger who has called in along the way. But it's quick! They don't drive all over Pattaya or Chonburi to pick up passengers.

I've had good service with both the one on Pattaya Tai (across from Friendship) for 99 baht and Pattaya Van. They both have vans that leave about every 15-20 minutes and both have pickup points all over Pattaya. I've never tried the more expensive ones. They don't seem to leave as often or have as many pick up points.

Edited by BB1950

Not sure crazygreg - I know for certain that that is the price from Pattaya Tai opposite chinese supermarket as I enquired about it when I was told I needed to go to the Embassy regarding an issue with my Thai driving test earlier this year, but could not comment on whether it stops anywhere else on the way. The agent also told me it is the same price back from same place - every 15 minutes both ways. I was surprised they run so frequently but thats what I was told smile.png

You both are talking about two different companies! Yes, there is a mini-van that leaves from Jomtien for about 150 baht and yes there's a mini-van that leaves from Pattaya Tai across the street from Friendship (the Chinese supermarket) for 99 baht. There's a van service on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit. Last I checked their price was about 120 baht. There also a mini-van service that leaves from the petro station on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Klang for 92 baht. They also have a pick up point on Pattaya Tai across from Friendship. It's called Pattaya Van. They all go straight to Bangkok (Victory Monument) Non-stop (except for gas). Occasionally they pick up a passenger who has called in along the way. But it's quick!

I've had good service with both the one on Pattaya Tai (across from Friendship) for 99 baht and Pattaya Van. They both have vans that leave about every 15-20 minutes and both have pickup points all over Pattaya. I've never tried the more expensive ones. They don't seem to leave as often or have as many pick up points.

I didnt think we were talking about the same company, but good to know you have used them and had a pleasant experience. Must say, at 99 baht for the journey is great value! A bus from my home to the city centre here in the north of England costs 150 baht for 4 miles

You can also take the minivan from Central Festival , outside near the main entrance 2nd road. It goes directly to Victory monument and other stops in Bangkok. I think the fare is 130 baht. I took it one time but that was before I learned about the driving habits here.

Now I just take the bus from Jomtien 134 baht to the aiport and change to skytrain . Much safer imo.

It is a good deal... and anymore that's all I take, are the mini-vans! They're efficient and comfortable. I've had too many bad experiences with the big buses out of the North Pattaya station!

For the death wish mongers, there' no such thing a safe form of public transportation in Thailand, be it train, plane, auto, or boat! Thailand's record of enforcing safety requirements, law enforcement, poor maintenance practices, and unqualified drivers and pilots make any form of public transportation dangerous!

You haven't lived until you were in a bus sliding sideways down Sukhumvit because a driver lost control of the bus because he was high on drugs and was pissed off at a motorbike driver! Or the time the bus almost flipped on it's side because the driver was erratically changing lanes. Or the time the bus crossed several lanes of traffic and almost failing to negotiate a curve on the motorway as he was drunk! I've got more... These weren't just a few, but rather some of many!

I can say from my experiences, I've experienced and seen more accidents with the big buses than mini-vans!

You may believe what you wish. whistling.gif

Edited by BB1950

Well I do not agree , I have seen more accidents with mini vans with fatal outcome than with big buses. Just read the news weekly here from the Pattaya and Bangkok area.

Yes you can also end up dead in a big bus but the Pattaya - Ekkamai Bangkok bus and Jomtien to Suvanabum has never had any accidents for the 5 years I have been living in Thailand. Minivan accidents I read about every week .

Edited by balo