What can you buy in Bangkok that you can't buy in Pattaya?

Jingthing

Is it at all possible to get Distilled Water anywhere in Bangkok? Not the car battery stuff.

I need Distilled water for medicinal use. Can't find any in Pattaya

Order a still from ebay China, about 100 GBP for 4 litre model.

Your water will be perfect.

Can also be used for extracting oils from herbs.

Can also be used to make alcohol..... but that is another story

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying online technically does not fit the title or spirit of this thread.

Somewhat agree, but not totally. If you can get it online, then many of us would prefer that. Especially those living a bit outside Pattaya. With traffic the way it is now, I avoid central Pattaya like the plague! But even then, many items I'd like are only available online from outside the country. And sometimes come with super high shipping costs and of course the obligatory import and VAT tax. Ugh....

I am an advocate of online shopping. Friends buy their glasses online, I do all my Xmas shopping from amazon, BestBuy, Bhphoto from across the world or not leaving the house. Us old timers got excited when Mike's Shopping Mall opened and we didn't have to go to Bangkok to buy a pillow case(and going to Bangkok was an adventure in those days). There were no shopping options, no Central, malls, etc. and the darkside was a jungle. Pattaya now has a lot going for it but I still enjoy the Bangkok shopping and dining experience. Still very difficult to get a gourmet hamburger in this city.

Since the thread is about shopping I sneak in a question:

Does anybody know where I can buy temperature strips?

These are kind of tape like stickers you put on cold/warm surfaces and you can read of the temperature of the surface.

I'd love some for the temperature range about 30 celsius to 150 celsius

Maybe a tropical fish store, I don't know if they go that high

What about clothes?

Are there are any clothes stores in Bangkok that would be better sources for decently priced decent quality "farang" sized clothes that Pattaya doesn't have?

Not talking high fashion.

I'm not aware of any now.

MBK use to be very good for this. I know Chatchuchak is cheaper, but MBK has AC! Worth an extra few bath. I can't remember what floor, but it was packed with clothes shops. Bargain hard!

Yeah I used to shop there for fat clothes when I used to need them but the styles were usually very awful. Basically a beggars can't be choosers situation. Now I just want "normal" farang sizes so I wouldn't need to shop at such a specialized place.

You know, it's so funny that years ago we'd laugh at ourselves when we'd go to the mall and shop at Sears, Penny's or Macy's. Now, I dream of having their selection of quality clothes at the same prices! Many of which are made in Asia! LOL

MBK always had a decent selection of clothes no matter what you were looking for. At least decent selection for Thailand.