Bangkok bombing: Warrants out for Thai woman, foreign man

webfact

I will bet a considerable amount that this is yet another Islamic Terrorist cell. This has nothing to do with Thailand as such. The game in the Western countries has become more difficult. As a result they now seek out softer targets, places unused to international terrorism. We will see many more of such acts. The aim is to kill Westerners, that's all. Collateral damage amongst the local population will be accepted.

Why would they bomb a shrine if their aim is to kill westeners? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to bomb one of the bars in Nana where sexpats hangout?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What colour is her hair? How the hell can u let someone take a picture for an ID card with a headress on?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it is black.

What does it matter either way? Even if she was showing it, there's nothing to stop her form colouring it even shaving it off. All hair colour in the ID would prove is that at one stage she had that colour and style.

What colour is her hair? How the hell can u let someone take a picture for an ID card with a headress on?

Or Miss Clairol Blondest Blonde.

Once an ID picture is taken do women have to keep their hairstyles and colour the same for the validity period of the ID?

I understood this was an international gang.

'no Thais would ever be involved in this'

I still reckon there's some way to go to explain why this occurred and who funded this.

I'm not buying the attempt to kill Chinese at a Hindu shrine in downtown Bangkok. After all how could anyone plan for the number of Chinese there to be present. They might just as well have been Indians or Thai's.

I have a theory, a certain person outside the country funded a radical group to embarrass the government and destroy the tourist industry. Using cut outs to find and pay them.

BTW I understood the police were already paid to do their jobs, sharing 3 million of reward money with themselves beggars belief?

You sir, are a serious wishful thinker of the junta-loving kind. Woman in hijab makes it more likely to be Suthep's southern crowd if you want to be silly.

I still reckon there's some way to go to explain why this occurred and who funded this.

I'm not buying the attempt to kill Chinese at a Hindu shrine in downtown Bangkok. After all how could anyone plan for the number of Chinese there to be present. They might just as well have been Indians or Thai's.

I have a theory, a certain person outside the country funded a radical group to embarrass the government and destroy the tourist industry. Using cut outs to find and pay them.

BTW I understood the police were already paid to do their jobs, sharing 3 million of reward money with themselves beggars belief?

The Junta govt would issue you a honorary citizenship if they saw this post, even they havent been able to pin it on thaksin.

"They discovered illegal materials including two bags of fertilizer, gunpowder, bolts, remote-controlled toys, electric bulbs and digital watches, according to Prawuth."

Since when are any of those items illegal? Gunpower is easily available from fireworks which seem to be available to the public, everything else is common and on sale anywhere in the world.

Making a pipe bomb is so simple, but it's the trigger mechanism that really needs some skill. As a 12-13 year old in the 70's in the UK me and friends messed about with fireworks and fertiliser and made a small pipe bomb, just to make a bloody loud bang. I won't go into details but is was the simplest thing to make (took about 5 minutes) and nothing used was illegal. We had no idea about fuses though and detonated it on a fire. It put a hole in a metal wheelbarrow we placed a meter away from the fire and that was just a small pipe 3 or 4 inches long. It was so loud it scared the crap out of us and we stopped messing about with fertiliser and pipes after that and stuck to fireworks.

By the colour of the headress,I am surprised you dont know that? its just common sense.

Yeah indeed. Common sense when trying to catch bombers. Do they wear stripy shirts and carry a bag called swag too?

Really? Then why are there so many hair colours available to buy in the shops.

How many Thai females actually have black hair?

Some of you STILL think Thaksin ordered this even after all these recent developments? cheesy.gif

Thaksin is many things, stupid isn't one of them. He would know that a security threat like this would serve to strengthen the junta's grip on power not loosen it. A false flag would make more sense than the square headed one hiring an Islamic extremist cell rolleyes.gif

The Uighur/insuregency (maybe a combo of the two) appears to have come to back to bite prayuth on the a$$. He would rather it be red shirts too as it would cover up his failings.

Edited by lildragon

I will bet a considerable amount that this is yet another Islamic Terrorist cell. This has nothing to do with Thailand as such. The game in the Western countries has become more difficult. As a result they now seek out softer targets, places unused to international terrorism. We will see many more of such acts. The aim is to kill Westerners, that's all. Collateral damage amongst the local population will be accepted.

They appear to have targeted foreign visitors who aren't westerners in this case.

That does not matter, there were I think 20 odd Muslims killed in the Twin Towers, as another poster said

a small amount of collateral damage is OK to them.

What I found when travelling this globe, due to the job I had, that it is us that fail to assimilate when confronted with different cultures and nations. A process going on for centuries where European and for the last century American culture is forced onto nations that if left alone might have developed their own way on the path to democracy.

Jup. And if you have a look at all the evil US and its cronies did in the last 65 years (in the name of capitalism/freedom, LOL!) then those ISIS sickos still look like a bunch of petty criminals. The world is a f//cked up place. We get what we deserve. Hypocrites.

The hijab photo will cost the politically correct some sleep tonight. Anyone still believing that a religious shrine was chosen as ground zero for the bombing just randomly; just because there used to be many people around? Wake up!

Edited by Shermanator

"They discovered illegal materials including two bags of fertilizer, gunpowder, bolts, remote-controlled toys, electric bulbs and digital watches, according to Prawuth."

Since when are any of those items illegal? Gunpower is easily available from fireworks which seem to be available to the public, everything else is common and on sale anywhere in the world.

Making a pipe bomb is so simple, but it's the trigger mechanism that really needs some skill. As a 12-13 year old in the 70's in the UK me and friends messed about with fireworks and fertiliser and made a small pipe bomb, just to make a bloody loud bang. I won't go into details but is was the simplest thing to make (took about 5 minutes) and nothing used was illegal. We had no idea about fuses though and detonated it on a fire. It put a hole in a metal wheelbarrow we placed a meter away from the fire and that was just a small pipe 3 or 4 inches long. It was so loud it scared the crap out of us and we stopped messing about with fertiliser and pipes after that and stuck to fireworks.

What a strange childhood you hadblink.png

You're lucky to be alive today, Allan! Ever heard of... Premature detonation is a hazard of attempting to construct any homemade bomb, and the materials and methods used with pipe bombs make unintentional detonation incidents common, usually resulting in serious injury or death to the assembler. (wikipedia)

Agreed, though 95% chance it is black hair...

Well on the basis she's in the trafficking and explosives business having a snapshot of her face in a headress is absolutely ridiculous.

well this chap a southeast asia correspondent for tha NY times says that the female suspect in the hijab photo is married to a turkish man and is currently in turkey

https://twitter.com/thomasfullerNYT?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Well there we are. Obviously not an international issue this one.... Right.

well thit explains why the turkish embassy in bkk remains silent in a response

well this chap a southeast asia correspondent for tha NY times says that the female suspect in the hijab photo is married to a turkish man and is currently in turkey

https://twitter.com/thomasfullerNYT?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Well there we are. Obviously not an international issue this one.... Right

well thit explains why the turkish embassy in bkk remains silent in a response

By the colour of the headress,I am surprised you dont know that? its just common sense.

Yeah indeed. Common sense when trying to catch bombers. Do they wear stripy shirts and carry a bag called swag too?

Brains and gunpowder come to mind,reading your post!!

Sounds like your mixture acted as a propellant and not an explosive. If it was able to put a hole in a wheelbarrow @ a meter away that is.