Russian Amateur Drifter suffers car fire at East Pattaya Indoor Stadium Car Park

webfact

Good story, but hardly news, I am never shocked seeing Russians on Liveleaks doing stupid stuff.

Like the guy who cut off his own head with a chainsaw, for a bet.

High end vehicle up in flames as some fool wants to look cool turning corners.

Seriously, buy a chainsaw next time, its cheaper.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-19-at-12.56.22-PM-63

What's so stupid with drifting?

You don't know much about drifting, do you?

All around the world people are drifting with cars worth from nothing to million dollars.

"as some fool wants to look cool turning corners"

"You don't know much about drifting, do you?"

Is there something more to drifting than appearing cool whilst cornering?

Where have you been the last 20 odd years, drifting has become a car sport.

Drifting is VERY fun, I have tried it on on a circuit and I can tell you guys out there who likes sports with cars, it's real FUN but expensive, as it burns tires like no tomorrow.

The cars has to be rear wheel powered or 4WD.

The fun is to try and control your vehicle making the car spin (or glide) as much as possible on every turn, the more you spin with your rear wheels or all, the higher points you get, but you also have to finish the course on lowest possible time.

It's a race but also being appointed points by judges depending on how much you can get your wheels to spin and how you control corners.

Look it up on YouTube and possibly you will find out why it's so fun.

Edited by KamalaRider

Good story, but hardly news, I am never shocked seeing Russians on Liveleaks doing stupid stuff.

Like the guy who cut off his own head with a chainsaw, for a bet.

High end vehicle up in flames as some fool wants to look cool turning corners.

Seriously, buy a chainsaw next time, its cheaper.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-19-at-12.56.22-PM-63

All around the world people are drifting with cars worth from nothing to million dollars.

I have been observing the increased popularity of this discipline of over-steering and drifting, but just how this single cornering technique amounts to an entire sport in some peoples minds leads me to presume it is a sport of simpletons.

I have been observing the increased popularity of this discipline of over-steering and drifting, but just how this single cornering technique amounts to an entire sport in some peoples minds leads me to presume it is a sport of simpletons.

I suggest you try drifting before you dismiss the sport so easy.

It's all about total control of a car, if you think it's easy, try it first and then we can have a serious discussion.

It's all about total control of a car, if you think it's easy, try it first and then we can have a serious discussion.

I used to live in a country with snowy winters, drifting is nothing new to me, thanks.

I used to live in a country with snowy winters, drifting is nothing new to me, thanks.

I come from Sweden myself and I have been driving with my cars and "drifted" with them half my life on the ice at winters and I can assure you, it's NOT the same.

I come from Sweden myself and I have been driving with my cars and "drifted" with them half my life on the ice at winters and I can assure you, it's NOT the same.

Not the same as this?

https://youtu.be/IZtDcKcdAes

Not the same as this?

https://youtu.be/IZtDcKcdAes

My Buddha, I love Bentley but as I'm not an expert, I didn't know they have a AWD.

Thank you for the link, I loved it and also the collected links with it.

But NO, it's not the same, the traction is VERY different.

When I was drifting and I consider myself to be an amateur minus 50 skilled drifting driver, not a drifter, the tarmac combined with the non-sticky tires, very different from F-1 Tyres as they want to spin, but the drifting drivers wants traction and also hard enough to get spin and not stick to tarmac but just a little as it is based on time as well.

Winter drifting is very fun, no deny in that, but it's based more on soft rubber with spikes. I'm not denying the fun, but almost anyone can drift on ice.

It's a whole another ball game on tarmac. IMO, that's were the skilled drivers are separated from the rookies.

It takes all your concentration and also your right foot feeling right down to the engine to feel how much rev you need all the way up to your hands where your front wheels are heading. Put a timer on that and you are set for an experience of a life time.

IT'S FUN.

But thanks a lot for the link, I really appreciate the videos.

Edited by KamalaRider

My drifting car was an -88 Ford Mustang Conv 5.0 V8. with an installed supercharger (compressor).

I probably had 500 hp (never checked in a bench because it didn't matter) and the difficulties with that car was to keep my foot sensitive, otherwise I would have spun out of control.