Air Asia....let us vote.

pizzachang

I'm more than happy with Air Asia. Whenever I book an airfare I cross match with all other available budget airlines and most of the time (but not all the time) Air Asia still wins. I do look at those free or low priced flights but they either go where I don't want to go or it's the wrong travel periods.

I've always been satisfied with Air Asia. I look around and compare low-cost fares when I need them and once you've looked at things like baggage allowances, seat charges etc., then often Air Asia is cheaper, sometimes not. I'll just usually book whichever one works out the cheapest and I've flown with Air Asia, Nok Air and Thai Lion. No real problems with any of them. They are what they are and if you understand how the websites work and what you should expect from them, I can't really see what there is to get worked up about.

I've always been happy with Air Asia. You get what you pay for. I generally check the total price if I'm checking bags etc and compare. Certainly on domestic routes I can live without a box meal on a 50 min flight.

As for the aircraft, standard LCC equipped A320. On internal flights i generally mix n match Nok & Air Asia, nothing much between them I just look for time & price

I've been flying with Air Asia for 7 years and am entirely pleased with their service and flights. I typically fly them 6-8 times yearly and have only experienced a handful of minor delays, never a cancellation, and never lost luggage. Their "all in" gate makes it trivial to compare prices.

Remember when the only way to get around was rickety old busses or bone shaking taxis, and the only airlines were terrible State ones, bad service and expensive.

AirAsia are superb, cheap and good service, staff could not be more helpful.

But - all the other low cost airlines have been equally good.

What luxury and convenience we enjoy today compared to just 20 years ago, when none of these existed.

Airasia are OK. Problem is Don Muang airport cannot handle the amount of traffic. It's a nightmare. People unwilling or unable to understand the idea of quing, take bariers down and jump in anywhere ( especially the Chinese). There is little control. It's a free for all.

Air asia website is OK. Gives you the choice of what you want. Just get to know it.

iwas flying with them when first started in malaysia and to oz

over the years scam after con

i would have to say the most misleading and cheating mob in the world

now travel with lion air pay ticket at 7<11 30b charge

not one of the stupid charges airasia do on debit and credit cards

iwas flying with them when first started in malaysia and to oz

over the years scam after con

i would have to say the most misleading and cheating mob in the world

now travel with lion air pay ticket at 7<11 30b charge

not one of the stupid charges airasia do on debit and credit cards

I pay for my AirAsia tickets at the 7/11

Here in Thailand as well as nok air.

I'd like to propose Air Asia as the Most Misleading Advertising award winner. Do not, ever, fall for the "promotion" label on any ticket. Less expensive to fly with other airlines and you get food service/baggage!

Concur

Never will even look at them, never flew them & never will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to many other "Low Cost Carriers" around the world, AirAsia is in the upper tier. Too many of you expect full fare amenities from LCC's. Go ahead, pay double and fly Thai if a single meal and extra (but not too much) legroom is all that important.

I've used their promotions many times and have saved a lot of money, especially on domestic routes. Tricky? Yes, but so are almost all travel promotions...read the fine print, not all that difficult.

Promotion routes and times not convenient for you? Why do you think they sell those seats at promo prices? They don't need to cut prices of seats that normally sell out anyway on popular routes at popular times.

Spirit in the US and RyanAir in Europe come to mind as much worse than AirAsia, even on a bad day.

I've flown Bangkok to Penang, Malaysia several times in the past few years on my own dime...always Air Asia. Three days ago, I flew there on business. The company contracting me arranged and paid the RT fare, outbound on TG, return on MH...more than double the AirAsia price.

One advantage for the TG/MH flights were they were out of BKK, not DMK.

TG outbound was an A320, single aisle, tight 3/3 seating, exactly the same as Air Asia. The "free" meal was a boxed sandwich and drink. I only carried a light backpack so baggage not an issue.

MH return was a 737/800, single aisle, slightly more spacious 3/3 seating than Thai, meal again a boxed sandwich/drink. Both flights boarded directly from terminal, no buses.

The flying experience on TG/MH was identical to Air Asia, no more or no less comfortable. A comparable lunch on AA can be bought for B150 but who needs it on a 90 minute flight.

The only significant differences were the frequent (but not always) Air Asia bus ride, tarmac boarding/unboarding and the DMK origin, a major inconvenience I'll grant but if I'm paying and the difference is B6000+ less for my return fare, I'll grin and bear it.

Edited by dddave

I have flown with AirAsia ONCE. It was a 12hr journey. Best description - PURE HELL.

Then, I am in my late 60s. For the younger set, fantastic - travel on a shoe-string budget.

They found their niche; marketed their product well=success. In doing so, competitors were forced to reassess their products.

There are many tricks to flying AA. Always print your boarding pass online. You can then load up your carry on, and it does not get weighed. Also, you avoid check in lines. This only seems to work on domestic flights. Also, bring your own food. They are a good airline for the money, as long as you know the ropes. Better than any American Airlines, but I realize that is not saying much these days.

I fly with them when there is no choice.... ala 1 day trips to Singapore where the SQ doesn't arrive and depart according to my required schedule. Can talk about better service all around but that's not really fair because that's not their bread and butter anyway.... but what bugs me most is their 4 out of 7 star safety rating.

I have flown Air Asia for many years and have found that they have become more efficient turning around flights. The website is easy to use ; the trick is to try to avoid the check-in counters....which was possible for International flights the last time I flew to Bali if your information is up to date in their data base and you have no baggage to check. The printed boarding pass let me go directly to Immigration- hope that has not changed. Hopefully opening another terminal at Don Muang will mean less bus trips to the airplanes.

I've been a loyal Air Asia customer since they began operations in Thailand in 2004. I've always been very happy with them. I fly them almost exclusively within Thailand, and as my airline of choice to regional countries: Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Indonesia, even Laos (via Udon).

It's interesting, the seemingly sharp division between farangs who praise and excoriate them...could it possibly have something to do with IQ level and gullibility? Yes, I'm quite aware of all their evil tricks on their website when booking...I also quite easily evade all of them every time. Hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'll always fly AA no problem. I won't expect much of them because they're cheapie.

I don't mind flying a few hours without eating or drinking. Best to get a promo fare

and fly with no checked baggage whenever possible. The processing fee has always

been slightly increasing, though.

Edited by Too