Man arrested at border is involved in two bombings in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might have missed something, he's wanted in China for something else, that is, before the bombing?

Just google Phnom Phen Press and read about arrest claimed to be made by Cambodian police at airport.

Says he was wanted in China, apparently Cambodia did not want to peev China off and Thailand wanted this guy bad.

So a bit of miss-information being spread around here by Thai authorities.

My money is on the cambodians arresting him and handing back at the Sa Kaet border.

Makes sense in regards to the reward payment, they decided to pay it out when cambodia called and told them they got the guy. Guess the guy who picked up the phone got the higest percentage of the payout, where it might be considered someone in cambodia that should have gotten those money.

After looking at the artist,s sketch of the actual bomber against the photograph of the suspected bomber captured at the border in today,s Bangkok Post front page, I find the likeness absolutely amazing smile.png Having personally witnessed Thai interrogation techniques I do believe much more information will be forthcoming, and hope that the suspect is closely guarded at all times lest he be eliminated by the higher-ups.

how have you witnessed that personally ? and what did you witness ?

Prawut said that further testing, including DNA tests, were being conducted to bolster that theory.

Hmm how about let the evidence take them where it leads, not try to fit the evidence to wild theory out of desperation or pin it on the first person they pick up... or second.

So he says that the suspect arrested at the border "resembled the yellow shirted bomb suspect"? I don't think so, the face was very different, I would say that in that case the first suspect looked more like yellow shirt

You will be on the Police Payroll with such expert observations. Where did you learn such skills ??

Sooooo..... I'm confused. Is this the guy who was arrested by Thai police near the border, or is the guy the Cambodian police arrested at the PP airport?

This must be their new strategy. Confuse till the international press lose its interest and stop to report about.

so, if the REAL culprit was arrested at the border, will the police chief give back the reward money that he gave to his fellow cops? not likely! there is a whole lot of face being lost with the keystone cops! especially in the real world! good thing they don't look at yahoo or the American news channels, (the real ones not cnn)

Sooooo..... I'm confused. Is this the guy who was arrested by Thai police near the border, or is the guy the Cambodian police arrested at the PP airport?

Arrested by the Cambodian police and taken to Thailand where he was re-arrested by the Thais?

I think that should read as, apprehended by the Cambodians and handed over to the Thais at the border, who arrested him. Because if he was arrested by the Cambodians probably some lengthy extradition, which he could fight against, would be involved.

This must be their new strategy. Confuse till the international press lose its interest and stop to report about.

New strategy??

I think you may find that this is the same strategy used in many cases where ;

1. They do not want to / or cannot / or are persuaded not to, pin the blame on Thais.

2. They haven't a clue who did it and do not know where to start .

3. Have completely confused themselves with all their own speculations and presumptions as to who did or did not do it, and would lose face if they admitted it was someone or a group, they had ruled out initially.

By the way , how can the police, have the audacity to ask people to provide them with clearer pics that may have been taken of the bomber at the shrine ?

Surely that would mean the policemen having to return some of their hard, deservedly earned ( cough !!! ) 3 Million baht, in order to reward a member of the public who had helped them in their enquiries to catch the bomber, wouldn't it???

The reward money is spent already, have you ever heard of any Thai's who can save money in the bank?

these clowns appear on the TV every lunch time, a thai speaking, an english speaking and a chinese speaking

i guess the thai & chinese are ok

but in the whole country, they cannot find someone that can speak clearly and without deep thai accent ENGLISH LANGUAGE ???

Thai's can't or won't speak English, except the bar lady's.

So, the guy has been in Bangkok for more than 24 hours now.

What are they waiting for to show him to the tuk tuk and taxi drivers?

They've lost their addresses or what ?

How do you know they haven't done that? Are you expecting the police and military to provide real-time updates to the "honorable" TVF members? What a joke...

So, the guy has been in Bangkok for more than 24 hours now.

What are they waiting for to show him to the tuk tuk and taxi drivers?

They've lost their addresses or what ?

How do you know they haven't done that? Are you expecting the police and military to provide real-time updates to the "honorable" TVF members? What a joke...

Well, that's what they've been doing so far with multiple spokesperson willing to be the first to say something and contradicting each other.

This is the man arrested at phnom phen airport, also he was apparently wanted by China.

After his arrest he was beamed over to Sa kaet then re-arrested .

Phnom Phet Press is worth reading today.

Shouldn't the Cambodian police get some of the reward money also?

New strategy??

I think you may find that this is the same strategy used in many cases where ;

1. They do not want to / or cannot / or are persuaded not to, pin the blame on Thais.

2. They haven't a clue who did it and do not know where to start .

3. Have completely confused themselves with all their own speculations and presumptions as to who did or did not do it, and would lose face if they admitted it was someone or a group, they had ruled out initially.

By the way , how can the police, have the audacity to ask people to provide them with clearer pics that may have been taken of the bomber at the shrine ?

Surely that would mean the policemen having to return some of their hard, deservedly earned ( cough !!! ) 3 Million baht, in order to reward a member of the public who had helped them in their enquiries to catch the bomber, wouldn't it???

The reward money is spent already, have you ever heard of any Thai's who can save money in the bank?

It was a tongue in cheek comment, and no doubt the local Toyota dealer will be rubbing his hands together as he orders new stock of fortuners

After an hour of 'enhanced interrogation' with a phonebook, he'll probably look exactly like the CCTV pictured bomber, and will admit to it too [until his AI defense counsel shows up]. Confession retracted.

I personally would like every "fact" verified by an independent foreign body, until then I will take all these "facts" with a pinch of salt.

well, if you will let the authorities know , I'm sure they will eager to accommodate your request. who did you say you were again??

The scar is too far high up on the arm, look were the arm band is placed on yellow shirt (scar would have been partly visible in that case).

Just a funny thought: you know how in the west people say that for us all asian/chinese look the same? Maybe it's the same here lol, for the thais it's more difficult to distinguish facial traits on non asian?

Didn't know there was so many crime detectives on TVF.... You all seem to be getting waaayyy to involved in the investigation.

All your 'theories' are brilliant, how did you all get refused at the detective academy? Do you all dress up as detectives with a fake badge, and play 'Cops and Robbers'.

Unless you know something substancial, either come forward, or leave it to the experts.

Do you really think the RTP will be telling the Media everything that they know? Bombers can read the news as well, don't you think??....Jeez!

I'm not disagreeing with what you say here, I think you have a valid perspective.

People post theories on this bombing for a lot of reasons. For one thing, some of us are living in the city where it occurred, the authorities released CCTV and photofits and urged the public to study these, and to report any sightings. This was the correct approach by the authorities, and yet this will always lead to discussion in the online community, about the validity of the photofits and CCTV, and the wider issues surrounding them.

Like most people, I have been following this tragic story since the start, partly in horrified shock, partly in the hopes that if I saw the CCTV person I could report them and help to prevent further atrocities. I would have gladly refused any reward offered me, and been happy to just help prevent further attacks.

A lot of people posting on this subject are trying to come to terms with this terrible bomb attack, a lot of people feel that discussing it helps them to deal with this very upsetting attack. Theories being put forward are not always intended to solve the mystery, in many cases it is just a human way of converting a barbaric inhuman crime into written human language, this is a basic way of coping with tragedy. Obviously others are discussing it for other reasons, sometimes with agendas being displayed.

For me, writing about stuff helps me to recover my emotional equilibrium, after being very upset. I love being a visitor in this city, and I love the people here, Thais and visitors alike. I wept for several days after this terrible attack. I don't think my writing has any significance, only that it is my human mechanism of breaking huge evil barbaric acts into small human words, and this does help me to deal with it.

Didn't know there was so many crime detectives on TVF.... You all seem to be getting waaayyy to involved in the investigation.

All your 'theories' are brilliant, how did you all get refused at the detective academy? Do you all dress up as detectives with a fake badge, and play 'Cops and Robbers'.

Unless you know something substancial, either come forward, or leave it to the experts.

Do you really think the RTP will be telling the Media everything that they know? Bombers can read the news as well, don't you think??....Jeez!

I'm not disagreeing with what you say here, I think you have a valid perspective.

People post theories on this bombing for a lot of reasons. For one thing, some of us are living in the city where it occurred, the authorities released CCTV and photofits and urged the public to study these, and to report any sightings. This was the correct approach by the authorities, and yet this will always lead to discussion in the online community, about the validity of the photofits and CCTV, and the wider issues surrounding them.

Like most people, I have been following this tragic story since the start, partly in horrified shock, partly in the hopes that if I saw the CCTV person I could report them and help to prevent further atrocities. I would have gladly refused any reward offered me, and been happy to just help prevent further attacks.

A lot of people posting on this subject are trying to come to terms with this terrible bomb attack, a lot of people feel that discussing it helps them to deal with this very upsetting attack. Theories being put forward are not always intended to solve the mystery, in many cases it is just a human way of converting a barbaric inhuman crime into written human language, this is a basic way of coping with tragedy. Obviously others are discussing it for other reasons, sometimes with agendas being displayed.

For me, writing about stuff helps me to recover my emotional equilibrium, after being very upset. I love being a visitor in this city, and I love the people here, Thais and visitors alike. I wept for several days after this terrible attack. I don't think my writing has any significance, only that it is my human mechanism of breaking huge evil barbaric acts into small human words, and this does help me to deal with it.

Quote] For one thing, some of us are living in the city where it occurred, the authorities released CCTV and photofits and urged the public to study these, and to report any sightings. This was the correct approach by the authorities, and yet this will always lead to discussion in the online community, about the validity of the photofits and CCTV, and the wider issues surrounding them.

Part of Your quote sums up what i mean....

If people KNOW something material, then by all means step forward and give their findings to the RTP, but on here they are just 'playing detective', They have no idea how far the RTP have got in their investigations, because the RTP would be stupid to let everyone know what they know. The Forum detectives are just going by what they have read in a newspaper article, of which has been released by the RTP. But that doesnt necessarily mean that is everything that they know, obviously the hard facts will be used in their own ranks, stands to reason, really.

It is just weird how deep these keyboard detectives go, when it has no bearing on the outcome whatsoever. As i say, if any of them know any REAL facts, then step forward, but don't act like they are the head of MI5.