You have to laugh ..

fish fingers

The wife calls showroom to ask the price of this 2013 gen 7 Golf 1.4 http://showroom.one2car.com/carDetail.aspx?car_id=2119828

She calls me back

"2.9M"

"What?? Thats new Golf R money"

"Ok I'll call him again"

rings back

"Hey he rang me back. Its now 2.4M. Golf R is 4M"

Lol... unbelievable!

Edited by fish fingers

Dontcha love it ? Post about buying a car in a Thailand .. Anecdotal and interesting.. Very relevant and anyone who has dealt with dealers outside of the usual Toyota, Mitsubishi and Honda will feel your pain.. But instead of a relevant comment we get a " They are cheaper in UK/Europe/USA post... <deleted> ! ...

Back on post..

Yeah trawling thru the Thai car sites would try anyone's patience.. Says manual, it's auto, says it's 2014, it's 2012... For sale ? no it's sold.. Luckily I can speak/ read Thai to a fashion cos my Mrs has to be in a very good mood to call car showrooms for me nowadays.

She gets so angry with their lack of knowledge and professionalism she usual says, " you call dee gwa "

Wish there was a trade descriptions act in a Thailand...

In the longer term, buying any 1.4L VW might not be a great idea - considering the only official detail VW have revealed for their impending Thai production plans is they will be: "making 1.4L petrol engined cars".

Remember when the Juke sold for 1.5M+ as a gray import? :)

In the longer term, buying any 1.4L VW might not be a great idea - considering the only official detail VW have revealed for their impending Thai production plans is they will be: "making 1.4L petrol engined cars".

Remember when the Juke sold for 1.5M+ as a gray import? smile.png

Precisely.Hence my Value comment regardind the Golf.Its not pleasant when one pays up.then later its price bombs,like the Subaru for example