Recipes with a Prego base

NaRangsit

For me, Prego got too much sugar added . . . probably extra for Thais, as they like everything loaded with sugar

I prefer the more italian (imported) brands . . .

the mushroom prego is pretty ok . . . chop broccoli into small pieces, arrange in a microwave bowl with a lid, fill one finger high water with one cube of Knorr broth added. Microwave boil it for 5 minutes, then add Prego on top of everything and some parmesan grated cheese, put back into the microwave for another 2 minutes. Attention: keep the bowl covered by a lid all times

Edited by crazygreg44

Have never tasted a sauce as good as what we found in the neighborhoods of where I lived, in Upstate New York. Small, Italian neighborhood restaurants. Lasagne had whole mushrooms, sausage, meats, ricotta cheese, and mozzerella on top. Loaves of sliced italian bread (slightly warm) in a basket. Lasagne (or manicotti) baked in home made sauce with beef broth/wine/and italian "plume" tomatoes. The sauce was simmered for hours... (they make it at night for the next day). Meatballs..were large and juicy.

We would always get "extra sauce" placed on the table. Pasta was never "mixed" with sauce. It was poured over the top..and thats how it stayed...with big meatballs (for spaghetti), roasted green and red peppers...and an antipasta salad.

All served with a glass of Chianti....of Lambrusco

Nothing has ever come close to the flavor....

For me, Prego got too much sugar added . . . probably extra for Thais, as they like everything loaded with sugar

I prefer the more italian (imported) brands . . .

the mushroom prego is pretty ok . . . chop broccoli into small pieces, arrange in a microwave bowl with a lid, fill one finger high water with one cube of Knorr broth added. Microwave boil it for 5 minutes, then add Prego on top of everything and some parmesan grated cheese, put back into the microwave for another 2 minutes. Attention: keep the bowl covered by a lid all times

Funny thing, 30+ years ago Thai food contained very little sugar. Sugar got a major boost when Farang came about and couldn't handle the Thai fire (not really) so they started adding sugar to cool it down.

There were very few broad buts here then.