Thailand won't be decriminalising marijuana anytime soon

webfact

"but the danger was clear to others at the forum - had she been driving her car, she could have "floated" into oncoming traffic"

So the Driver of the Porsche Cayeen was High I suppose,,Motorcycle taxi drvers are always high? clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

Legalizing Marihuana could keep a lot of people away from using Yaba , Ice and other dangeous chemical drugs that makes people become addicted and mentally disturbed .

Only legalizing a proven medical plant that makes people calm and relaxed would be beneficial to society already ...!

Or you better go to exercise everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not only alcoholic drinks companies that could lose out, but manufacturers of synthetic meds such as common painkillers, sleeping pills, appetite-increasing meds, M.S. meds, epilepsy meds, mood-stabilising meds, etc. would all be big losers if this plant were legal.

The fact is that many longterm sick patients are suffering less than before, in some of the med-pot trial groups, and this should make big pharma happy that sick people are getting more healthy or enduring less pain. Synthetic pharma pills will always have their important role in treatment too, but some patients are too sick to take any more pills, or have too many side-effects. So a modern and intelligent perspective is to give patients both options, and they will use whichever makes them less sick, which is what medicine is supposed to be about.

The history of why marijuana and a whole lot of harder drugs are illegal in Thailand and many other countries is rooted in the US Department of Narcotics. Most people will have never heard of Harry Anslinger yet he had more influence over the general population of the world than almost any other person. His actions set up the drug cartels and the corruption surrounding the supply of all banned drugs.

Thailand and many other countries were threatened with being cut off from US foreign aid if they did not adopt US drug policy. Initially Thailand refused to ban opium smoking stating that it was a long standing tradition and less harmful than prohibition. Another tactic was to tell countries which didn't want to adopt US drug policy that they would not be allowed to sell their goods in the US.

I highly recommend you read Chasing the Scream, the first and last days of the war on drugs by Johann Hari. This book is well researched and a real eye opener as to the truth behind why a lot of drugs are banned in the world. I found this book a difficult read because the truth can sometimes be overwhelming.

If they realized/accepted the cost of their ineffective law enforcement plus the taxes that

legalizing would bring in, they would legalize it today but....................... that

would put too many of their friends/relatives out of work and ACCOUNTING for sales could be audited & they couldn't reward themselves for catching MJ marketing people.

For medical you don’t need to legalize the plant, just the extracts for medical purpose like CBD; which equals the so-called “Indian hemp”, the old-time medical cannabis plant, and that won’t make you “high” like THC from cannabis sativa. CBD is promising for treatment of a variety of diseases, including cancer – Germany, and that also mean EU, has for example just a few days ago approved CBD-capsules from Australian-Swiss Sentipharm as dietary supplement...

Regarding ""We might hear about medical marijuana through word of mouth," she said at the forum, "but we don't have any research to confirm the claims, so the whole area remains uncertain."

This is simply not true. There are indeed many research articles published on the pharmacology, safety, and medical administration of Cannabis.

Edited by HerbalEd

For medical you don’t need to legalize the plant, just the extracts for medical purpose like CBD; which equals the so-called “Indian hemp”, the old-time medical cannabis plant, and that won’t make you “high” like THC from cannabis sativa. CBD is promising for treatment of a variety of diseases, including cancer – Germany, and that also mean EU, has for example just a few days ago approved CBD-capsules from Australian-Swiss Sentipharm as dietary supplement...

Not true. Both species of Marijuana ... Cannabis sativa & Cannabis indica ("indian hemp") ... contain the psychoactive compounds THCs. Also, both species contain non-psychoactive, cancer fighting CBDs.

Instead of wading through the uninformed, misinformed, myths about this issue, try reading some actual scientific facts.

Check out this recent scientific study done by the USA's National Institute on Drug Abuse, Office on National Drug Control Policy, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/politics/marijuana-study-drivers-impact/

Edited by HerbalEd

no way!

illegal drugs gives the opportunity of controlling the population.

It also one of the main income sources for police and army

(same with so called "war against terrorism")

(one of the main income sources of the CIA)

also a excuse for having open and covered police forces , intelligence forces ... all over the world: f. e. the US drug police (DEA) , permitted by state of Thailand,is working as independent police in Thailand

(as they do in many countries!)

Just think about it: You got criminalized for smoking some leaves, doing no harm to anybody...

something, people did for thousands of years

and the excuse, same as for all the wars all over the world, (Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya)

is : to bring "Humanity" to the people,

so if you should die, been shot, or just thrown into jail, you should fall on to your knees and praise all these good people for helping you!

Edited by dieter1

I spent over 10-years in a Thai prison because I thought BKK was seattle in the state of Washington!!! I was soo baked. My defense was, "But the gods said it was ok for me to do it in Washington?"

Yes, I will pay tax on this green stuff!!!! I will become dumb and forget everything, just let me have it!!!!!

I promise I won't do anything worse...

but I do forget about everything since my brain can't grow.....

did i tell you i like turtles?!?!?!?!?!?!?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by puukao

The Alcohol industry is rich and powerful.

Legalization of weed would severely eat into their profits, I understand why Alcohol is legal and weed isn't ( Tax Money), but surely it should be the other way round if anything.

Alcohol is directly or indirectly responsible for untold misery to millions of people worldwide, if Alcohol wasn't taxed it would have a Class 1 drug classification.

Why would accessibility to marijuana decrease the use of alcohol?

They are two unrelated things.

That is like saying if peaches were cheap and easy to get in Thailand, people would stop eating papayas.

Some people would even eat peaches and papayas at te same time.

out of all the so-called problems in Thailand this is one of the least! live and let live! harmless and of benefit to people with health conditions and when it it globally decriminalized people will look back and find it ABSURD

of course Thailand will lag 50 years behind as usual

out of all the so-called problems in Thailand this is one of the least! live and let live! harmless and of benefit to people with health conditions and when it it globally decriminalized people will look back and find it ABSURD

I just entered the twilight zone.. or ingested some mind altering drug.. I am agreeing with LannaGuy.

I just entered the twilight zone.. or ingested some mind altering drug.. I am agreeing with LannaGuy.

Peace and Love man lol wub.png

The Question should be "Is it moral or ethical to use state sanctioned violence against peaceful people who are not violating the rights of others?"

That answer is fairly clear, but as we all know, the state has no moral high ground and is not a fit arbiter of what is "good" and what is "bad". This particular issue is a clear indication that "the law" is not some decree from the Gods, but rather an opinion with a gun. Proof enough that legislators do not have the best interests of the people in mind, and are rather motivated by greed and control. As usual when other countries are moving forward, SE Asia remains stubbornly backward.

Just think, these are the same people that want students to learn critical thinking...bit of a contradiction isn't it? They will continue to bleat on and on that cannabis is dangerous while Muay Thai events that are supposedly "against drugs" are sponsored by alcohol companies. Meanwhile their own kids are probably toking it up in their gated community mansions. Critical thinking is just a dream here... and true morality is sorely lacking in the corridors of power.

Moral? Narcotics are good business, suppressing them keeps the profit high......There are lot of connections between drug mafia and politics......Not with this government but with a different one and as well in many other countries.....

It may be in the realm of conspiracy theory but i am certain there is a connection between the narcotic and illicit drug industry and the arms industry,as it requires massive amounts of cash , easily obtained and using similar networks , to fund most of the guerilla or terrorist conflicts that are happening around this globe at the moment. . Next time you pull a bong or take a hit of a pipe of meth, or whatever is your poison of choice, and as the bliss hits just think of the blood that is also on it. Whilst the whole industry is illegal it will be controlled by greed , blood and politics.

Not true. Both species of Marijuana ... Cannabis sativa & Cannabis indica ("indian hemp") ... contain the psychoactive compounds THCs. Also, both species contain non-psychoactive, cancer fighting CBDs.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not saying medical Indian hamp has no THC (tried to keep it short)...

Sativa has the higher level of THC, whilst Indica has high level of CBD (canabidiol), but both species contains THC and well as CBD, and some 481 other components; extracted CBD won’t make you high, however THC may work better as medical drug in some cases (cancer, but no scientific studies finalized)...

I spent over 10-years in a Thai prison because I thought BKK was seattle in the state of Washington!!! I was soo baked. My defense was, "But the gods said it was ok for me to do it in Washington?"

Yes, I will pay tax on this green stuff!!!! I will become dumb and forget everything, just let me have it!!!!!

I promise I won't do anything worse...

but I do forget about everything since my brain can't grow.....

did i tell you i like turtles?!?!?!?!?!?!?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like you even more of a bugger for a smoke than me puukao;

10 years + in a thai lock up; that must have been a lot to get your head round at the time.

was it any cheaper to score inside ?

i like dolphins more than turtles

• 1 month later...

Thailand's anti marijuana laws were strongly influenced by the U,S DEA.

since recent changes in Thai government, the relation with the US are not what they always were before the change.

I doubt the the US relaxing laws against marijuana now will have much influence here.

Does anyone know what Thailand's new friends, China and North Korea's, policies are on the use of marijuana?

I really don't have much against weed but am happy it won't be legal anytime soon. the type of tourist that comes for weed is worse than sex tourists. Maybe I am just more burnt out on drug tourists because I live in Laos but they tend to have a problem paying their bills. They tend to think they are travelers not tourists.

TAT should pick up on this...sitting on one of those pretty islands,watching the sun goes down and a spliff...could boost tourism,innit?

They could make a fortune, the users world wide would beat a path to their door, nickname the place 'Sabailand'. And it would become the global capital of subculture cool. like 'Burning Man' only all year round.

Lets' face it, the world could use a chill-out spot in the sun, seriously.

Look what a bloody mess most of it is right now.

Uptight people slaughtering each other.

And seems we're all just fine with that, but don't decrim a plant!

it'll unleash hell on earth, our kids will end up on heroin! What Bo-locks!

I really don't have much against weed but am happy it won't be legal anytime soon. the type of tourist that comes for weed is worse than sex tourists. Maybe I am just more burnt out on drug tourists because I live in Laos but they tend to have a problem paying their bills. They tend to think they are travelers not tourists.

Every tourist thinks they're a 'traveller' and the other guy is a 'tourist'. What's that got to do with why drugs m'bad?

Newsflash, if you live in this region you're going to see lots of the archetypal 'hippie stoners doing asia, and doing the things hippies tend to do, like not paying their bills'.

Responsible stoners are anonymous and legion, you'll never pick them, because they are in every other respect, law abiding, contributing, valuable members of societies everywhere, and often they are the BETTER people you're going to find within those societies, they are grandparents, mother's, doctors, police officers, the rich (lots!) and poor, every colour of the rainbow, and sexual proclivity, every age and stage of adulthood. And shock, horror, they are even Thai, and middle-class Thai at that!

If you must comment against drugs try to add some intelligent insight, lawd knows, your side of the argument, as a whole, could use it!