Young boy killed by hornets

geovalin

A 5-year-old boy was killed and two of his older siblings injured on Wednesday evening after they were attacked by hornets in Kampong Thom province’s Santuk district, police said yesterday.

Soeurng Phea, chief of police in Santuk district’s Brasat commune, said yesterday that the three siblings were following their parents to work in their rice field about 2 kilometres from their house.

“On the way, those kids saw a nest of hornets and they grabbed sticks to hit the nest, making the hornets come out and sting them,” he said.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/young-boy-killed-hornets

What a horrible way to die. Poor little guy, R.I.P.

Similar thing happened to me and my cousin when we were kids. We were walking through a wooded area and one of us must have stepped on a wasps nest.

I was only stung once but my cousin was stung about 40 times. Luckily he survived.

My one sting had a nasty reaction and was bad enough I could not imagine how 40 or 50 would feel.

Hornet's nests are interesting...some people display them in their homes as conversation pieces...

Nests have been cut down from trees in the winter time...placed in the home...and when the nest heats up...out come the dormant hornets...

Mad as a hornet...conversation becomes more of a shrill yelp...