Buddy Internet.

geoffphuket

An advertising campaign on Thai Television is promoting Buddy Internet. Their web site shows a 1Mbps/512kbps package for just 500 Baht a month. There must be a catch somewhere…yes?

I’m currently paying TOT 500 Baht/month for 256/128k ADSL - which I’m very pleased with, but in theory, this would give me almost 4 x the speed (download) for the same money.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this company? – I’d never heard of it before. Are they giving what they promise?

http://www.buddybb.net/promotion.asp

Thanks in advance

geoffphuket

Let me add this "jewell" of knowledge.

The lady downstairs who gets my wife to fix her computer has an average package with Buddy BB, and I have a high-end package with True.

I am jealous of what she has.

For the last 3 days my ADSL has been on and off, I can tell by the ADSL light on the modem going on and off.

At the same time The old lady downstairs is talking overseas on her webcam.

If I sign a new contract with True, its going to be a cold day in HeII

is only in bangkok and speed is guarantee only in thailand,no p2p,difficolty voip skype ecc..........
At the same time The old lady downstairs is talking overseas on her webcam.

Now I'm getting conflicting information ? giulio is implying that the speed is only good for Thailand. That can't be true if your neighbour is using a web cam overseas - can it ?

If it's only availiable in Bangkok then I can't go for it anyway, but others maybe interested.

Has anyone got it outside of Bangkok ?

Cheers for the replies

goeff,not need a lot of kilobytes for webcam oversea,my software show that for speaking and webcam overseas with msn use about 15 kilobytes,maximum 20

all the package home is not good for international speed

if you get 100 kilobytes in thailand,overseas is about 20-40 when you lucky

i intend that he not guarantee that you can use skype or webcam,sometimes yes sometimes like afternoon is difficolty..........ciao

Edited by giulio