Policeman kills supervisor over low evaluation results

Lite Beer

Don't do things by half measures, why not tell everyone about all the thousands of other ways the police scam and set up westerners, that way you'll achieve a far higher paranoia rating!

What a crock!!

Paranoid, informed, ignorant. The context is in the mind of the reader. Enjoy your bliss.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story does not have any relevance to what you are talking about.

But your account of this scam and how we can be seen as potentially lucrative marks, is a worthwhile reminder. thumbsup.gif

You don't see a connection between a police performance evaluation article and the dark ways SOME police use to improve their performance.

This story has a real relevance to falang living here.

You may have been 'lucky' and never had trouble here so far, but people are at risk.

One scam the police run to improve their performance is to use an 'informer' to to generate arrests.

The informer is usually a petty criminal known to the police and previously arrested. They give this person some drugs to plant at a victims house.

The informer goes to a house on some false premise, like selling soap or food and while there hides the drugs somewhere.

They tell the police which house to go to and where the drugs are. The police come and tell you a person came to your house and saw you hiding drugs and reported it to them.

They go to the hidden drugs, and presto, you get busted, they get an arrest added to their 'performance' record, and best of all, they get their drugs back to use for the next victim.

This is a real scam that anyone can fall victim to and shows one of the dark aspects of the deep levels of corruption here.

Walls, gates and security cameras are your best defence against it.

Don't do things by half measures, why not tell everyone about all the thousands of other ways the police scam and set up westerners, that way you'll achieve a far higher paranoia rating!

What a crock!!

Is it really crock? What about the Thai reporter in Pattaya that the RTP planted drugs on? I think it's kind of scary really. I like to think stuff like this does not go on, but after reading about that story in Pattaya a few months ago, I don't know what to think.

This story has a real relevance to falang living here.

You may have been 'lucky' and never had trouble here so far, but people are at risk.

One scam the police run to improve their performance is to use an 'informer' to to generate arrests.

The informer is usually a petty criminal known to the police and previously arrested. They give this person some drugs to plant at a victims house.

The informer goes to a house on some false premise, like selling soap or food and while there hides the drugs somewhere.

They tell the police which house to go to and where the drugs are. The police come and tell you a person came to your house and saw you hiding drugs and reported it to them.

They go to the hidden drugs, and presto, you get busted, they get an arrest added to their 'performance' record, and best of all, they get their drugs back to use for the next victim.

This is a real scam that anyone can fall victim to and shows one of the dark aspects of the deep levels of corruption here.

Walls, gates and security cameras are your best defence against it.

What a crock!!

Is it really crock? What about the Thai reporter in Pattaya that the RTP planted drugs on? I think it's kind of scary really. I like to think stuff like this does not go on, but after reading about that story in Pattaya a few months ago, I don't know what to think.

I don't doubt that such things happen, but they do so so rarely and invariably only in easily identifiable places, to people who are very very much the exception than the rule, that most normal people here have nothing to be concerned about. Sadly however we are often led to believe that such things are the norm and happen to everyone on a regular basis, that's what's a crock.

Edited by chiang mai

BUMP (I had a dream)

Is this the reaction of a man adjudged incompetent by his superiors because he was unsatisfactorily corrupt? I am throwing this hypothesis out there, and the more I contemplate its merits, the more credence I give this view. Anyway, who cares... he dusted some heinously corrupt villainous scumbag. The fewer the better. I say this with no evidence... but it is obvious.

I do not get the Thai bashing on this murder.

Correct where I'm mistaken. USA is the mass murder western country at present. Due to you could buy mk16 from Walmart. Mind you my country , AU , holds world record for mass killing. Port Arthur.

There are USA cops currently on murder charges for killing folk. There are daily killings of disgruntled employees.

What's the problem with TV they load up on Thailand about this.

One early post ....sounding like the usual swat expert ...suggests the other police should have been able to do something. Perhaps if he or any of us were in room with bang bang......check your knickers. Perhaps brownish

It's not Thai bashing to criticise the corruptness and ineptitude of the BIB. It's pointing out reality.

If this story was about USA gun crime, which it isn't, there would be plenty of similar criticisms of the NRA and their like minded minions.

BUMP (I had a dream)

Is this the reaction of a man adjudged incompetent by his superiors because he was unsatisfactorily corrupt? I am throwing this hypothesis out there, and the more I contemplate its merits, the more credence I give this view. Anyway, who cares... he dusted some heinously corrupt villainous scumbag. The fewer the better. I say this with no evidence... but it is obvious.

No it's not.

BUMP (I had a dream)

No it's not.

Get on the cynics bus pal.. it's leaving soon.