Templer

This was my very first nickname ,

I was about 5 yrs old when the TV series

The saint was on the TV (UK)

My neighbour started calling me Templer

after Simon Templer The saint

My first name is Simon

I was definitely not a saint

You are aware you've spelt it wrong arn't you?

It's Simon Templar!

party pooper

My nick, tourleadersi comes from the fact that for 10 years I lead adventure tours to some pretty remote parts of the world. Many of the locals I came into contact with had little or no English but they all seemed to know the word 'tour leader'. As my name is Simon I used to shorten it to Si so it was easier for them to remember and say. Wasn't long in these places before I would have a gaggle of kids or local people waving and saying "Welcome tourleadersi!' each time I returned. The nick stuck in my mind and I was leading when I signed up to TV.

Many yhears ago back in the US of A I started getting jumk mail adressed to Mr. LL So. This was a great mystery to me as Mr. LL So was getting credit card offers and even put on a chinese Ginseng mailing list. After about ten year the legend of the mysterious Mr. LL So which actualy became my alter ewgo was solved. Seems that in The state I was livnig when I went to renew my vehicle registration being that my real initials are LL they had inadvertently left SO on the bottom of the field . This got picked up by the junk mail list and I began receiving mailk to Mr. LL So. One time when renewing my vehicle registration I noticed the SO at the bottom I told them that this had been a mistake and was informed that I would have to pay for a completely new registration to have it changed . So therefore became the saga On the mysterious Mr. LL So.

LL,

Mine is just web (as in World Wide Web) spelled forward and then inverted. There's a proper term to define this practice but I don't remember what it is.

It's caled a palindrome.

Regarding the thread, I always enjoy these types of threads, tells you lots about members.

Mine is 'Tiger' my Thai nick name is Suegha, I was born in the year of the tiger and I have always had a thing about tigers.

Once when I was a kid we went to the zoo, I was quite disturbed to see all the big cats pacing around their cages, when I got to a Tiger cage the tiger just stopped in front of me and just stared at me, then gave a low growl and lay down on the ground and seemed to fall asleep. People were looking at me in a strange sort of way but I had had some sort of contact with that tiger.

welcome back, tourleadersi . . .how was the trip?

FAB mate thanks. Three weeks in China, what a nice and relaxing experience. Off to Laos, the 'Nam and Cambodia for 6 weeks soon, and rumoured to be in Iran for Xmas although that seems unlikely. (No Singapore Slings for me our there thats for sure!).

Hope all is well with you and the other members of TV. I had a sneak peek once in a while whilst on the road, gave me a warm fuzzy feeling but that was probably the dodgy Chinese elctric wiring to be honest!