Austria says it and Germany will take refugees from Hungary

Lite Beer

I'm a bit sickened at the disparaging posts here. It's okay to castigate migrants from shitty places like Pakistan or Syria seeking a better life in Europe or anywhere where one can live in safety and with a small degree of comfort and dignity and hopefully work/school opportunities, right? No doubt most of us here in Thailand are doing exactly the same thing. We came to Thailand as 'economic migrants' seeking a more comfortable and affordable life and benefiting from the social infrastructure here (e.g. cheap labor, cheap food, deference to seniors, easy/inexpensive access to sex and alcohol, non-interference in our personal lives...), not to mention tax avoidance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest whiners don't care a jot about their 'European heritage' (many of our grand- or great-grandparents emigrated to our current country of citizenship anyway) and probably don't pay the taxes that will (temporarily) support the refugees either.

Don't know about you, but I live in Thailand LEGALLY, and I have to jump through a lot of hoops to do so. If I was like those illegal economic migrants, I'd just cross the border and then expect Thailand to give me money and a house.

An illegal economic migrant obviously thinks other countries OWE him residence just because he wants to go live there.