About my Chevrolet Trailblazer

Tchooptip

I bought this week a Trailblazer 10 months old 17.000 km...but it comes from an auction sale after a non payment.

The price? (Should I be ashamed smile.png ) for a 10 month old LTZ , so the 4 wheels drive : 645.000 Baht

The car is like new...but... there is only one key and no maintenance booklet. The book is new so I appear as the only owner.

I will go to Chevrolet Monday, will it be easy/possible to order a second key? Also an owner booklet, not sure.

There is a password on the Mylink screen it disappears after a few seconds GPS and everything is working but only in Thai, impossible to put in English...maybe due to this password?

How to present the story to Chevrolet, I guess its a better idea not to tell the price I paid.

For it is hard if not impossible to find such a car under 950.000Baht unless one knows someone introduce in those auction sales in Bangkok where farangs cannot go by the way! Any suggestion?

sounds like you got a very good deal at the auction. I've seen it before at those auctions, that Chevrolet are not popular and you can get some really good deals for practically new cars. I'm sure Chevrolet can help you with everything else, i.e. the second car, a maintenance booklet etc.

The part I didn't get is about what you mention about auctions where farangs cannot go. What are you referring to? I thought you just bought it from an auction of repossessed cars, right?

If Chevrolet is anything like Toyota; they will have the complete history of that vehicle in their computer-system. When I recently bought my Fortuner, they were able to tell me "everything", right down to 1 small insurance-claim (by the previous owner) who had some scratches (parking-lot damage) fixed. My car also was like 'near-new' and this gave me even more confidence I had purchased the right car (for me).

coffee1.gif

The book is new so I appear as the only owner.

A 10 month old car with an empty green book ?

You will NEVER find a car with a green book, just like a motorbike with a blue book.

So let me rephrase my question, a 10 month old car with an empty blue book?

Since the OP claims it was an auction because of non payment means the car was leased, and which also means it will have a registration book.

Next, since he hasn't returned to this thread, however he has been online a few times since, and claims { auction sales in Bangkok where farangs cannot go by the way! } I will call troll on this.

You will NEVER find a car with a green book, just like a motorbike with a blue book.

Since the OP claims it was an auction because of non payment means the car was leased, and which also means it will have a registration book.

Next, since he hasn't returned to this thread, however he has been online a few times since, and claims { auction sales in Bangkok where farangs cannot go by the way! } I will call troll on this.

he didn't say the blue book was empty, he said he was the only owner in the book, no previous owner if I understand him correctly.

I have been to plenty of car auctions. What kind of shady auctions are you referring to where farangs are not allowed?

"I" did not go personally so maybe it was not true for if a few of you told farang can go of course I will believe it!

Why I've been told that? No idea.

he didn't say the blue book was empty, he said he was the only owner in the book, no previous owner if I understand him correctly.

Try to understand my remark. A car can't have an empty book because the book is only issued with the registration, so empty book is another word for unregistered car.

If the OP is the only owner in the book, that mean this 10 months old car had no book yet. Since it was a non payment issue it obviously was a lease car, dealers don't let their cars leave the premises unpaid. How can a leased car have no book?

What is more, how can a car that has been bought from an auction only a week ago already have a blue book issued with the new owner name in it?

Yes, I was told when the cars are seized for non payment the book was kind of crossed? True not true I do not know, the fact is to my astonishment there is only my name as if i was the first owner... I cannot tell you more

Ridiculous at my age I do not see why I would troll for what reason? The car is from 29 October 2014 and yes no other name on the book, so yes it seems I was the first owner... I guess I am not the only one by the way, every cars with the same history must have the same type of book.

Yes, I was told when the cars are seized for non payment the book was kind of crossed? True not true I do not know, the fact is to my astonishment there is only my name as if i was the first owner... I cannot tell you more

I have bought seized bikes from auctions, the books are not crossed, it normally takes up to 90 days before you even receive the book with all the previous owners in it and are able to register it.

Kinda amazing that you had it all done in less than a week.

So long as it's your name in the blue Tabien Rot book, why would you need a song and dance with Chev? What is it your afraid they'll find or do?

I have only one key,

I have no service booklet,

but only my name on the book...I cannot tell Chevrolet I am the first owner lost the key and the service booklet,

But I am not a child I will go to Chevrolet Samui to morrow on the other hand I am not sure it was a good idea to post on ThaiVisa when someone already believed its a troll (preposterous) after another one the book in five days it's supposed to be impossible, all I can tell is my contact sent me the pictures of the car last week Saturday afternoon he saw the car told me it was only ten months old and sent me a pictures by email with the KMs round 4 O'clock I sent the money Saturday 2 hours later round 6 O'clock, Thursday the book was ready, Friday afternoon the car was in my house in Samui.

Here is what I would do, if I bought a car and there was only 1 key. I would definitely go to Chevrolet dealer and inquire about changing the ignition switch and getting new keys. This would help prevent the previous owner or some other criminal type he hires, from reclaiming the car. I would also be concerned about securing the door and liftgate locks also. Or install the best car alarm system, ignition kill switch and lojack in it.

So long as it's your name in the blue Tabien Rot book, why would you need a song and dance with Chev? What is it your afraid they'll find or do?

I have only one key,

I have no service booklet,

but only my name on the book...I cannot tell Chevrolet I am the first owner lost the key and the service booklet,

But I am not a child I will go to Chevrolet Samui to morrow on the other hand I am not sure it was a good idea to post on ThaiVisa when someone already believed its a troll (preposterous) after another one the book in five days it's supposed to be impossible, all I can tell is my contact sent me the pictures of the car last week Saturday afternoon he saw the car told me it was only ten months old and sent me a pictures by email with the KMs round 4 O'clock I sent the money Saturday 2 hours later round 6 O'clock, Thursday the book was ready, Friday afternoon the car was in my house in Samui.

They won't care if you're the first or twentieth owner - just that you are the owner.

With an empty book the car could actually be unregistered. Also, only having one key is a serious concern .. someone has the other key somewhere so the car is at high risk of being stolen.

Not looking at a good car at this point, however that's the auction risk you took.

I went to Chevrolet this afternoon, they order the second key in Bangkok, also the owner booklet, if i understood well they are waiting for the car history too? The GPS and every thing on the screen they cannot put in English because of the unknown password. They will do after I'm not sure why from Bangkok :-)

With an empty book the car could actually be unregistered. Also, only having one key is a serious concern .. someone has the other key somewhere so the car is at high risk of being stolen.

Not looking at a good car at this point, however that's the auction risk you took.

You can make a copy of a car key in any Big C etc....

I would be changing all the locks and a new set of keys, and the code for the remote.

1 key?? Where's the other 2?

I've just learnt with the Trailblazer not only 2 keys but only one with remote control (a shame by the way)

You can make a copy of a car key in any Big C etc....

I want with remote control I've ordered it at Chevrolet' Samui

Archived