- the western style supermarkets like Food Mart at Thappraya road

- flirting, especially when I'm drunk, and never being rejected

- that even the straight boys smile at me when I yell NAARAAAK MAK MAAA

- to drive around drunk and getting away with it lol

- the weather obviously

- being able to get any type of food 24/7

- my fast 3BB internet

- the affordable car repair costs when I hit a tree or something

- the fast service that you won't get anywhere else, ever had a flat tire than you know what I mean

- the gay clubs, not bars, bars start to bore the hell out of me

- the police, always friendly and very affordable

- the view of the ocean on a good day when observing it from above, yes the sea sometimes is blue instead of grey lol

- Wong Amat beach, quite a relief not to see tons of fat russians in speedos walk by, opposed to Jomtien beach

- Sai Kaew beach, ok not in Pattaya but not far from here

- Blend whisky (not pure)

- Thai herb whisky (pure)

- Singha as it doesn't give me headache in the morning

- Over the counter beta blockers to fix my shakyness / withdrawal symptons after heavy drinking for a week or so!

What about you? Let's turn this into a love thread, not a hate thread. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like free live music? Take your pick of music styles played EVERY night in bars all over the city. Rock, Jazz, Reggae, Blues, etc.

Good one, though I should frequent these places more often!

The clubs that I mentioned don't have live music but they do have free live shows (not talking about gogos)!

3rd road, Pattaya North, name of the club Tamnaam Isaan, mostly populated by Thai people, male is 90% gay, but also plenty of ladies and mixed shows, awesome place that anyone who lives in Pattaya should visit some time! Last April my brother and a few of his friends were here, all straight, and I took them there and they loved it!

More specific direction, if you drive down 3rd road you go left at Ping bar or restaurant or whatever it is, then on you're right you see Hollywood, follow the road and you end up at some sort of T split, where you go left, follow the curvy road and on your left you see some bekkadin style Thai restaurants (you know the ones with the small wooden huts that you can sit/eat in), drive a little more far and on your right you'll find a club named Tamnan Isan, next to the FamilyMart, open till about 5-6am. Always crowded if you go after the bars close, very few farang, especially in low season.

Edited by dennis123

Is it a fun place to live? I did think about moving there for 6 months.

I'm not going there for the sex, but I like to be in a fun place. Bored of Bkk, need a break...

If you're in for a party I think you're better off in high season in Pattaya.

Most people that live in Pattaya (that stay in low season) are old and often grumpy so when you walk in some bar you won't find the most happy people on earth to put it mildly.

Personally I like the places that are mostly frequented by Thai people more, more of a party atmosphere, however I don't visit many foreign clubs so can't say too much about that.

Cheap prostitutes

Cheap Beer.

Cheap excellent Thai food. wai2.gif

Are you from a scandanavia country? No idea where the beer is cheap here, same price as in my country really.

Cambodia, that's where you find the cheap beer smile.png 50 dollar cent for a draft!

Sorry sprits are cheap, Vodka, SamSong, ect

Cheap prostitutes

Cheap Beer.

Are you from a scandanavia country? No idea where the beer is cheap here, same price as in my country really.

Cambodia, that's where you find the cheap beer smile.png 50 dollar cent for a draft!

No they are not. Thailand has no vodka, so it is imported and expensive, and 270Bht for a Sangsom rum is far from cheap.

For that money I buy a rum in my country that is produced by a company with controlled hygienic standards

Cheap prostitutes

Cheap Beer.

Thai herb is cheap, 120 baht for a bottle and delicious once you had a few beers :)

But yeah, in my country I pay about 10 times more for a bottle of whisky in a bar/club.

That's why I'm always so surprised that beer is so expensive here in comparison.

Cheap prostitutes

Cheap Beer.

No they are not. Thailand has no vodka, so it is imported and expensive, and 270Bht for a Sangsom rum is far from cheap.

For that money I buy a rum in my country that is produced by a company with controlled hygienic standards

Depends where you drink it, a botltle of Absolut does about 2000-2500 baht in a club, maybe even less, where I'm from a bottle of that magical stuff would do 200-250 euro in a club.

ummmm .... living around Lake Mabprachan, I like the peace and quiet after many, many years in Bangkok. I have greenery, a pool, an abundance of convenience shopping, a live music venue minutes away and yet can be in town (on a good day) in 30 minutes if I want what a large city can offer. At my age, good friends are more important than the night life which I had plenty of in my Bangkok days and somehow in Pattaya there are groups for almost any interest you might have.

I had a fun 7 years in Pattaya----- last 10 years up in Issan.......(that's just a tad slower---but then so am I now)

Was visiting there last week---never seen the water looking so good--cleaner, don't know if that has something to do with the weather or not.

Yer the place is a hoot......

I was working on koh samui and 9 years ago i got a chance to work in pattaya. I did not want to come here but I have been here 9 years and don't want to leave. want to take my kids back to school but I am delaying it. pattay is a fantastic place, actually jomtien is the best, I don't really go into pattaya any more. whats to like? there is not much I don't like.

i love pattaya because of the bargirls.

Also the seaside is a plus

and of course all the convenience 24/7 (restaurants, etc...)

It is a unique place.

Too bad there are so many of these horrible chinese tourists now

Edited by Peterbkk7

Cheap prostitutes

Cheap Beer.

Ah your leaving out the very essence of life water. I believe I viewed a picture of Pattaya's water source and it looked pretty grim. If you also factor in increasing tourism and increased condo construction(I read here of figures of 10,000 to 15,000 coming onto the market) hmm everything else here because unimportant if ole Mother Nature decides she wants to become a drought tourist there for years to come.