Cruiser and scooter riding promotes bad back.

BSJ

That's what I am experiencing. When I was a sports bike rider I could ride 250km and not feel any bad pain...but here in Thailand riding cruiser and scooter I am in serious pain at about the 100km mark.

So, I told the wife it would be necessary to buy a new sports bike so I am more comfortable on longer rides. rolleyes.gif

Normally it is the other way round.

Sports bikes tend to give me neck ache, back ache and indigestion.

Low bars are great when going fast as the wind pressure helps support you but are not so good for lower speed stuff.

Not a lot you can do about the scooter, but on the cruiser you can change the bars, put comfort grips on and work with the bar position to get the most comfortable ride.

But may I suggest the most probable reason is that due to the mix of new vehicles and new road conditions you are not as relaxed as you used to be before.

Gripping the handlebars tight and keeping your arms ridged will convey a lot more vibrations through to your body and cause your described aches and pains.

Take a lesson from the Thais - Sabai Sabai

Blah sports bikes. I can masturbate with a sore back but cannot with aching wrists.

Thanks for replying to my post but maybe your reply would be more appropriate on the Big Girl's Jiggy Jig forum! biggrin.png

"So, I told the wife it would be necessary to buy a new sports bike so I am more comfortable on longer rides"....and she fell for that did she? and now you have put it on this forum so you can show her how many people agree with you, especially all the sports bike experts. Here we go then....

"Many of the leading neurosurgeons recommend "Sports Bikes" as the ultimate cure for all manner of spinal problems."

"It is a proven fact that after any kind of back injury, especially serious cases like a slipped disc, a sports bike taken out 3 times a day after meals is recommended by 99% of doctors."

Testimonials

A friend of mine had a problem when he was skydiving and his parachute failed to open and he had a very bad landing. Fortunately the paramedics were equipped with a brand new ER6N which seemed to fix his spine almost immediately. Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader /ˈbɑːdər/ CBE, DSO & Bar, DFC & Bar, FRAeS, DL

......and be assured Mrs.BSJ, buying your husband a sports bike helps prevent wanking too, so a double wammy.crazy.gif

Edited by AllanB

"So, I told the wife it would be necessary to buy a new sports bike so I am more comfortable on longer rides"....and she fell for that did she? and now you have put it on this forum so you can show her how many people agree with you, especially all the sports bike experts. Here we go then....

"Many of the leading neurosurgeons recommend "Sports Bikes" as the ultimate cure for all manner of spinal problems."

"It is a proven fact that after any kind of back injury, especially serious cases like a slipped disc, a sports bike taken out 3 times a day after meals is recommended by 99% of doctors."

Testimonials

A friend of mine had a problem when he was skydiving and his parachute failed to open and he had a very bad landing. Fortunately the paramedics were equipped with a brand new ER6N which seemed to fix his spine almost immediately. Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader /ˈbɑːdər/ CBE, DSO & Bar, DFC & Bar, FRAeS, DL

......and be assured Mrs.BSJ, buying your husband a sports bike helps prevent wanking too, so a double wammy.crazy.gif

what size glass of water would i need to swallow that sport bike, my "friend" asked?