MG Cars in Thailand

gandalf12

S.U. was a very efficient carb,but needed attention,Weber once set being fixed jet were generally trouble free, but a "Must Have" back in the day.Had a B GT never a prob sept overdrive solenoids.Slow as hell though , nice cruiser for its time..........Memories............thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

In their day the twin choke Weber's were a good conversion and there were race upgrades for 'B' engines, my pre '77 MGB GT with overdrive 3rd & 4th was trouble free, only had a clutch etc renewal, the only thing l change for mags were the pesky wire rims.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S.U. was a very efficient carb,but needed attention,Weber once set being fixed jet were generally trouble free, but a "Must Have" back in the day.Had a B GT never a prob sept overdrive solenoids.Slow as hell though , nice cruiser for its time..........Memories............thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

In their day the twin choke Weber's were a good conversion and there were race upgrades for 'B' engines, my pre '77 MGB GT with overdrive 3rd & 4th was trouble free, only had a clutch etc renewal, the only thing l change for mags were the pesky wire rims.

I bough a new MGB in 1969 ... overdrive on 3&4 was useful ...chopped it in a couple of years later for a 3Ltr Capri ...that was quick for it's day ...

I bough a new MGB in 1969 ... overdrive on 3&4 was useful ...chopped it in a couple of years later for a 3Ltr Capri ...that was quick for it's day ...

You required nerves of steel to throw these cars into the bends when the road was wet.This one I observed has been slightly modified.

post-1136-0-10728000-1467709324_thumb.jp

You required nerves of steel to throw these cars into the bends when the road was wet.This one I observed has been slightly modified.

attachicon.gifconcept_capri_yellow_2.jpg

Or a big sack of sand in the boot.

• 1 month later...