Skytrain service in Bangkok delayed as a passenger accidentally fell on to the tracks

webfact

no budget left for security doors like you see in many civilized countries ?

Bangkok BTS is the only open air platforms I have seen with security doors.

A few weeks ago I was at the station in Cologne airport which is only a couple of years old, no security doors there so I have to assume that Germany along with the rest of Europe are not civilised countries.

Very few countries have the security doors from my experience. They barely exist in Aust if at all. Correct me if l am wrong

I never understood why there are no benches to sit on while waiting for the bts.

And normally the guards at the perrons won't let anybody come close to the track or they will use their whistle.

Yes this girl probably didn't eat enough or sleep well. Don't know if there are escalators at ratchathewi but they sure need them at all stations. It's terrible to climb the stairs in the heat and smog.

But was it a long delay? They could just lift her off the track and continue like nothing happened i assume.

Another good reason for platform screens to be installed.

Well then they could also build handrails along every sidewalk in BKK. And even on the sidewalk it isn't safe with motobikes driving there.

I bet this girl was busy with her cellphone.

why would anyone who feels ill or about to faint stand right on the edge of the platform (or did she jump to the edge knowing she was about to faint?) ..just idiotic

Sometimes people pass out without ANY prior warnings.

Yes, very idiotic indeed to make such ^^ comments.

"... passed out while waiting for the train ..."

Probably due to the need for a breakfast which would have been eaten after she started work.

Yes, probably. Thais seem to have this bad habit of spending 1.5-2 hours commuting to work in the insane heat BEFORE eating or drinking a single morsel of food. Why not wake up 20 minutes earlier and eat at home?

Of course the combination of 30-32 degree heat at 7am in the morning, lack of food and air-con is going to cause someone to pass out. Also, contrary to popular belief that Thais are more acclimatized to the heat here, I beg to differ. I know many locals here who have passed out due to the heat whereas I can handle it perfectly well, even going for a run in 37 degree heat is not an issue for me.

Maybe the fact that they need to commute 2 hours to get to work, means that getting up 20 minutes earlier isn't easy? Also maybe she works long hours or 2 jobs....

My girlfriend orders her breakfast once she gets to the office simply because she doesn't have time to get ready for work and commute, plus make and eat breakfast.

Mine does the same, but that's not a good excuse.

If you normally wake up at 6am you might as well wake up at 5.40am and get some breakfast before leaving for work. That's why most people have fridges and stoves, to store and cook food.

Those 20 minutes spent sleeping less aren't going to make any difference to one's overall sleep but will do a world of good for your overall health because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It also increases productivity and you don't have to waste time eating at the office when you should be working.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

"... passed out while waiting for the train ..."

Probably due to the need for a breakfast which would have been eaten after she started work.

Yes, probably. Thais seem to have this bad habit of spending 1.5-2 hours commuting to work in the insane heat BEFORE eating or drinking a single morsel of food. Why not wake up 20 minutes earlier and eat at home?

Of course the combination of 30-32 degree heat at 7am in the morning, lack of food and air-con is going to cause someone to pass out. Also, contrary to popular belief that Thais are more acclimatized to the heat here, I beg to differ. I know many locals here who have passed out due to the heat whereas I can handle it perfectly well, even going for a run in 37 degree heat is not an issue for me.

Good for you. Running some 4K at around 3.30 one afternoon was enough to convince me that night or early morning are far preferable.

I usually go around 5pm or 5.30pm, when the sun is still shining bright and depending on the time of year, the temperature might be at it's hottest but of course the angle of the sun won't be directly overhead.

I'm very much used to the heat here and have absolutely no problem with it. It depends on the person though. A lot of other people seem to agree with me, because most runners/cyclists in my moo baan also head out around this time. Some go out as late as 7 or 7.30pm but I don't want to go jogging in the dark. Some in the early morning too, but the majority seem to be out and about between roughly 4.30 or 5 and 6.30.