new condominium development

mascarabertha

The end result: more uncontrolled, unregulated traffic in CM. More cars, more crappy, smoky bikes and clunkers, more jams on every road, parking those cars, except in floors 1-5 of the condo...where?

I see many smaller condos going up in Santitham and i know the consequences will be negative for me. Even now, as they are under construction, fewer trees, fewer birds, more dirt and dust, more roads crushed by cement trucks, services like water and wastewater under stress. Ugly.

Must say the apparent limit on condo size in old city seems good. But outside the moat seems totally uncontrolled.

Last week i had a few moments to read up on the Royal Thai Police in Wikipedia. What an education for me regarding the unseen operations of T'land government, which no doubt includes city government.

The end result: more uncontrolled, unregulated traffic in CM. More cars, more crappy, smoky bikes and clunkers, more jams on every road, parking those cars, except in floors 1-5 of the condo...where?

I see many smaller condos going up in Santitham and i know the consequences will be negative for me. Even now, as they are under construction, fewer trees, fewer birds, more dirt and dust, more roads crushed by cement trucks, services like water and wastewater under stress. Ugly.

Must say the apparent limit on condo size in old city seems good. But outside the moat seems totally uncontrolled.

Last week i had a few moments to read up on the Royal Thai Police in Wikipedia. What an education for me regarding the unseen operations of T'land government, which no doubt includes city government.

I agree with you it is certainly taking up more of what could be parks and green lands. As

for more vehicles I doubt it. There are enough empty units in Chiang Mai that if it never

went up there would still be room for more people to move to Chiang Mai with out new

buildings.

I was under the impression that there was a 22 story limit to the height of a building in

Chiang Mai.

I suppose was is the operative word here.

But if they broke ground last year, isn't it a different story? I think I saw flyers for the condos bertha is talking about...it's been so long I don't recall the name, but it appeared to be about 40 floors. Developers frequently change the number of floors during the building process (of high rises), especially since they are mainly using pre-fabricated sections.