What do they want now for 90 Day Reporting?

rmicheald

I went to Jomtien last week.

It depends why you haven't used the barcode. Mine had expired because I was out of the country on the due date and the 90 day count had re-started. They took the TM47, checked it against the bar code slip and the computer, and issued a new bar code slip. So, if you've been out and come back in again best to take both.

It still only took about 5 minutes though, at 3.15 pm. Hope this helps; always found Jomtien immigration excellent.

In Pattaya no need to fill out the form, it's all in computer now.

They scan the barcode and you all done. In/out in less than 5 mins

My last trip, flashed the paper with the barcode to the "info" girl, she handed me my number for counter 4, Before I walked half way to the counter, my number was up. Zap with the bar code reader and I was out in under 30 seconds.

My last trip, flashed the paper with the barcode to the "info" girl, she handed me my number for counter 4, Before I walked half way to the counter, my number was up. Zap with the bar code reader and I was out in under 30 seconds.

Same for me today....8th Sept.....called my number as I was going TO the area in Jomtien, done in two minutes

Where is this bar code got my retirement extension from 90 day non o in august can't see a bar code anywhere

The bar code appears on the upper right corner of the 90-day receipt

stapled to the last page inside your passport.

Do they still allow a period of grace after the reporting date? Mine was due on Saturday 5th so if I can go tomorrow that'll be the 9th.

As far as I am aware there is a 7 day grace period. If the 7th day falls on a Saturday / Sunday or public holiday best to go to immigration before (not after).

Its too late to do it online or by registered post now.

last time I reported they needed a TM47 I think that was in june

Once they enter your details in computer, it is no longer needed :)

This is a wonderful improvement over the old system...which many ex-pats would tell you that it appeared to be set-up to make reporting a miserable experience...

Kudos to the Thais for entering the 21st Century...

Once they enter your details in computer, it is no longer needed smile.png

Once Pattaya enters you into the computer or once Immigration enters you into the computer upon arrival ?

There is a big difference between the two. Supposedly the system is supposed to track you from entry to your 90 day report but the only individuals who appear to be successful (like myself) in using the online reporting system are those who have previously reported in person and gotten into the computer system at their local Immigration office

I am waiting for a report of someone being able to report using the online system that has never reported to their local Immigration Office

Once Pattaya enters you into the computer or once Immigration enters you into the computer upon arrival ?

There is a big difference between the two. Supposedly the system is supposed to track you from entry to your 90 day report but the only individuals who appear to be successful (like myself) in using the online reporting system are those who have previously reported in person and gotten into the computer system at their local Immigration office

I am waiting for a report of someone being able to report using the online system that has never reported to their local Immigration Office

Pattaya. I am guessing same applies to other immigration offices around Thailand.

When you do first reporting , they would enter all the details like an address. Immigration on arrival do not do that.

Pattaya. I am guessing same applies to other immigration offices around Thailand.

When you do first reporting , they would enter all the details like an address. Immigration on arrival do not do that.

In your opinion, if I leave the kingdom and miss my 90 day report date because I am out of the Thailand will I be able to use the online system since that would be my new "first" 90 day reporting

do it online..

and don't sweat it...it works

I do believe immigration wants to eliminate the "in person" reporting, which takes up valuable staff time, and increases the waiting times for people with other issues.

give it a try...

For God's sake Slippery- Mobster (sorry, Lobster). What would happen, if everything could be done by way of internet as far as Immigration is concerned (including annual extensions) ???. Does BKK/Pattaya need 60'000 more street vendors? With or without wearing a uniform ?

- 50 years ago in Europe, Gas/Petrol-Stations have converted to customers self service. Today, in Thailand we still have able bodied men between the age of 16 to 25 pumping gas.

Assuming gas-stations convert to self-service in combination with reliably "working online immigration procedures", tourist-hub's would be blessed with 200'000 more street vendors. With or without uniforms.

Not to worry, will not happen in our lifetime, unless you are at the age of 25 or below.

Cheers.

In your opinion, if I leave the kingdom and miss my 90 day report date because I am out of the Thailand will I be able to use the online system since that would be my new "first" 90 day reporting

I do not see why not, but

1. Why would you do report if you out of Thailand? Your 90 days start from the date you enter.

2. I have tried to use online reporting and its not working, Tried Firefox and IE and can not even type in my name

Yes, I have done that: Had a bar-coded slip in my passport, took a trip out of Thailand, returned to Jomtien Immigrations approximately 90 days after my return (thus exceeding the date on the stapled receipt), and was able to do the fast scan-the-form method.

Yes, I have done that: Had a bar-coded slip in my passport, took a trip out of Thailand, returned to Jomtien Immigrations approximately 90 days after my return (thus exceeding the date on the stapled receipt), and was able to do the fast scan-the-form method.

Thanks for your experience but I am interested in whether or not the in bound computer system will facilitate continued on-line 90 day reporting after a long break

If not, then maybe the bar code number from my first on line report approval could replace the in person fast scan or manual data entry bar code that appears to be the only way to successfully complete the 90 day report on-line