Bridgestone vs Mitchelin tyres for MU7

dagling

Im getting close to 80.000 km on my original Bridgestone tyres, and want to get new set of tyres for my Isuzu MU7 2012.

The Bridgestone tyres is 245/79/16 and cost about 21.000 THB and the Mitchelin is 265/70/16 and cost about 25.000 THB, they are also a inch taller then Bridgestone.

So, witch brand should i go for?

Always run Michelins....I have found their grip much better than the Bstone espescially in wet or muddy conditions....I believe the heat checking is worse on the Bstones....I have taken servicable Bstones off and replaced with Michelins - had Bstones a couple of times - never had as good a ride/road feel/adheision.....or wear....didn't feel anywhere near as safe on them.....Most all my vehicles have been high profile suv's - regardless always went to the Michelins...

Edited by pgrahmm

The Bridgestone tyres is 245/79/16

The profile is 79 ?

Also to jump from 245 to 265 you best check your rim width as per the Michelin spec chart.

No, its 245/70/16... sorry.

I use these on my Pajero Sport, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/suv/LATITUDE_CROSS.html

Always run Michelins....I have found their grip much better than the Bstone espescially in wet or muddy conditions....I believe the heat checking is worse on the Bstones....I have taken servicable Bstones off and replaced with Michelins - had Bstones a couple of times - never had as good a ride/road feel/adheision.....or wear....didn't feel anywhere near as safe on them.....Most all my vehicles have been high profile suv's - regardless always went to the Michelins...

They will also make your car feel more ????roadable???? softer....Will feel less buckboardy - as those tend to feel - especially in tight turns or switchback turns uphill....

^ ^ ^ Pgrahmm is exactly right!

The 16" size tires are the smallest in its class, yet a crucial component, yet our MU-7 is among the largest! Premium quality tires can help compensate. If you're planning to keep this SUV, buy only the best quality performing tires you can afford, not just mediocre.

The 16" size tires are the smallest in its class, yet a crucial component, yet our MU-7 is among the largest! Premium quality tires can help compensate. If you're planning to keep this SUV, buy only the best quality performing tires you can afford, not just mediocre.

Anyone who describes Bridgestone tyres quality and performance as mediocre does not deserves to have his advice taken seriously. Compound that by suggesting that Isuzu supply their vehicles with inadequate tyres and your advice should be ignored completely.

Edited by Sviss Geez

"The Bridgestone tyres is 245/79/16 and cost about 21.000 THB and the Mitchelin is 265/70/16 and cost about 25.000 THB, they are also a inch taller then Bridgestone."

If you don't like the extra height of the Michelin then go for the standard size. The difference in height is due to the tyre being a bigger size.

If the alternative tyre that you are considering is really a Mitchelin you need to check whether you are being sold a copy of the real thing, Michelin.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Anyone who describes Bridgestone tyres quality and performance as mediocre does not deserves to have his advice taken seriously. Compound that by suggesting that Isuzu supply their vehicles with inadequate tyres and your advice should be ignored completely.

Well geez, Mr. Geez, I hope my earlier post didn't catch you at a bad time, but according to you, anyone who describes Bridgestone tyres quality and performance as mediocre does not deserve to have their advice taken seriously.

Seriously!??? You really want to go with that?

You would be dismissing the evaluations of anyone who ever rode on this Bridgestone tire, whose opinions happen to add up to an overall mediocre average rating at best.

Are the opinions of these any less significant than yours?

Even still, if you would like to 'compare notes' on this subject, I am all for any decent discussion.

I went for the MICHELIN Latitude Tour HP 265/70/16

Congrats! Between the two tire names, that is the choice I would have made.

The truth is that they're cheap crap.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.airmichelin.com/history.php%3Fid%3D148&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwiVrumj7OvHAhUFuo4KHc-DBVY&usg=AFQjCNFv7MpW1Spt4-_kVowPtWadXzSzcw&sig2=BTSX5JWmOBzpBUHr97T3eQ

Well if Bridges are Crap dont get on a Boeing Dreamliner Jet . O.E. Tyres.. Bridgestone own Bandag here for Quality Remoulds. Mich dont do Remoulds ,up to You.

Actually Michelins have a lot of Boeings covered including the Dreamliner....Along with many other aircraft including the 380.....

Well if Bridges are Crap dont get on a Boeing Dreamliner Jet . O.E. Tyres.. Bridgestone own Bandag here for Quality Remoulds. Mich dont do Remoulds ,up to You.

Good advice. I'll try to remember not to buy aircraft tyres for my car when I replace them next. Any more pearls of wisdom you would care to share?