Do Thai women allow their men to sleep around?

fitnesspm

This probably stems from keeping the man Most Thai woman know men steep around. And they do not want to destroy the money train so they accept a few indiscretions as long as

they come home and take care of their responsibilities.

No reason for a divorce with a little poke

Having said that it is sad they think this way.

Edited by realenglish1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gf, from the start, said that other Thai women tolerate it, but that she is different and will not. Lucky me. dry.png She backs it up with a bit (understatement) of a jealous streak. I think she learned from her experience with her previous (Thai) bf who did get around, but who would hit or threaten her--with a gun--on the occasions where she spoke up about it.

That said, research shows that women are generally jealous in a different way than men. Men are more prone to sexual jealousy ... we can go crazy if our partner has a one-night-stand. Women are more prone to emotional jealousy ... her man having a one-night-stand is less traumatic than the thought that he might have feelings for another woman. [There are good evolutionary reasons for this difference that I'm sure you can figure out for yourself].

I have found that women in SE Asia are somewhat more tolerant of such things than their western counterparts, at least in terms of their expressed attitudes. Many have beliefs about men that offer some leeway ("boys will be boys", etc.), and some come from cultures where men can have multiple partners quite openly (Indonesia, for example). But expressed attitudes can be very different from the reactions of a person when something actually happens. I'm not sure I'd want to put those attitudes to the test, especially if those ducks are waiting outside your window...

Yes some Thai women are quite allowing of the practice but no doubts dislike it,not sure of those with Farang partners,but I know for a fact that many Thai men have the old minor wife MIA NOI.

To suggest otherwise is untrue.

I'm not talking about Somchai the farmer although I believe it is often common practice in the village setting.

Many high ranking officials in the Police and Army etc as well as teachers,doctors and lawyers partake more so due to financial aspect.

Some of these people live double lives over many years,showering young Thai women with gifts of cars,gold and even property.

Slipping them a length when the need arises.

The main wife Mia Luang will be accepting due the husbands continual commitment financially and by way of raising the children.

Thai men are often held in esteem due to such promiscuous behaviour.

Held in esteem by who? Other vile adulterers and pedophiles leching after under age school girls. Its about time this was eradicated by using harsher penalties.

Thai women mainly want foreign men for two reasons. Money is usually better but also in general foreign men cheat less than Thai men. Thai women are not happy when they discover after 30 years of marriage that their Thai husband has had a girl half their age for the past 3 years. The Thai Husband is often ejected from the house and family. The audacious cheating Thai man then demands the family pick up truck, 10 baht of gold life savings, 20 rai of land that they grow sugar on and the village home they all live in. The rest of the family then step in including his own sisters and tell him what an A hole is being. The nasty cheat then loses his 3 year slut as her husband shows up back from his 5 year stint working in Korea so the affair is now over too. The family agree to let this scumbag have his pick up and that's it. The useless, cheating, lazy, cock fight, no job man has now moved from respected high up member of the village to village idiot. SOM NAM NA! cheating Thai man. The greatest part is no one needs to help them mess up their lives, They do it perfectly well all on their own.

Edited by Transporter

This probably stems from keeping the man Most Thai woman know men steep around. And they do not want to destroy the money train so they accept a few indiscretions as long as

It is sad but its nice when they dont all think this way. Thai women mainly want foreign men for two reasons. Money is usually better but also in general foreign men cheat less than Thai men. Thai women are not happy when they discover after 30 years of marriage that their Thai husband has had a girl half their age for the past 3 years. The Thai Husband is often ejected from the house and family. The audacious cheating Thai man then demands the family pick up truck, 10 baht of gold life savings, 20 rai of land that they grow sugar on and the village home they all live in. The rest of the family then step in including his own sisters and tell him what an A hole is being. The nasty cheat then loses his 3 year slut as her husband shows up back from his 5 year stint working in Korea so the affair is now over too. The family agree to let this scumbag have his pick up and that's it. The useless, cheating, lazy, cock fight, no job man has now moved from respected high up member of the village to village idiot. SOM NAM NA! cheating Thai man. The greatest part is no one needs to help them mess up their lives, They do it perfectly well all on their own.

I have 2 kids with a bar girl. I never agreed to a monogamous relationship with her and she knows I butterfly, always have always will. she is not happy about it but has said as long as I am home before 4am she will tolerate it. this is fine as I prefer the afternoon bars anyway. screwing around on thai girls behind their backs is normally not a good idea, thai girls are crazy jealous. while they will not want to give up a good sponsor they will put you through hell if they catch you out.

in this case I think you are being tested. thai girls sometime say you can sleep around but they are testing you to see what you will do. even if they have several 'boyfriends' they will try to keep you monogamous.

She says it's ok for at least 2 reasons.

1. It makes her seem like a dream wife.

2. It means she is allowed to do the same, if she wants more cash. Which she will do, obviously.

She may allow it before you marry her and she will see it as an investment, to get that ring on her finger.

It is sad but its nice when they dont all think this way. Thai women mainly want foreign men for two reasons. Money is usually better but also in general foreign men cheat less than Thai men. Thai women are not happy when they discover after 30 years of marriage that their Thai husband has had a girl half their age for the past 3 years. The Thai Husband is often ejected from the house and family. The audacious cheating Thai man then demands the family pick up truck, 10 baht of gold life savings, 20 rai of land that they grow sugar on and the village home they all live in. The rest of the family then step in including his own sisters and tell him what an A hole is being. The nasty cheat then loses his 3 year slut as her husband shows up back from his 5 year stint working in Korea so the affair is now over too. The family agree to let this scumbag have his pick up and that's it. The useless, cheating, lazy, cock fight, no job man has now moved from respected high up member of the village to village idiot. SOM NAM NA! cheating Thai man. The greatest part is no one needs to help them mess up their lives, They do it perfectly well all on their own.

it really works that way? from what I have heard the man normally gets everything and the girl gives the kids to her parents while she goes of to find a foreign man to support her.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

Yes, by my single life experience, most of the divorced Thai women I met did with their husbands, and they didn't cheated back....not because they didn't wanted, because personal and social concerns, and afraid also of violence.

My wife told me that I can do it with discretion and not sharing with her at all. I told her that I do not have reason to do it, when she is very beautiful, 25 years younger, I love her very much, and I barely can take care take of her sexual needs.

When I asked her why she thinks that I will cheat her. Her response was.."Because you are a man"

I cry nowfacepalm.gif

I enjoyed your post the most of any on this subject. Kind of makes one wonder are we men ever understood or just pigeon holed or judged/chosen as to which one is the lesser evil of us all and thus selected. As my 77 years of age have revealed to me men are indeed funny creatures. We still look with envy at other men's wives and g/fs who in reality might be real bitches to live with. The rules for me are I can look as much as I want but I cannot touch and I am happy with that. I definitely would not cheat and threaten what I have and also my first wife did me the dirty and I never forgot how painful that was. Its a do unto others what you would have them do unto you world.

Thai men often sleep around, but are expected to be discreet about it, not cause their wives to lose face and not to deprive the family of money by giving it to the girlfriend. Their wives, when they find out, are not happy about it, but will most often put up with it because they feel they have no alternative. But if the man is not discreet, or causes them embarrassment with their family or friends, they will seek a divorce.

Many of my wives married friends have a 'gik' (boyfriend). They say say it is exciting to sleep with a man who is not their husband. I often get confused at social gatherings because I'm not sure if I am meeting a gik or a husband. It seems strange to me that married woman (or men, for that matter) will often bring their gik to our restaurant for dinner, and all the other married woman will accept the gik as part of the couple.

Most Thai wives will tell their farang boyfriends/husbands that they don't mind them sleeping with another girl. But they do. There will be all hell to pay if you are caught and your wife can be unpredictable if she thinks she has lost face (e.g. your infidelity is common knowledge) For the farang who is polite, decent looking and generous with his money, there is no lack of women willing to take the role of his gik. This can be either an attraction or curse when living in Thailand. If you really can't resist it is better to go to a brothel. It will be cheaper in the long run both financially and emotionally.

Yes some Thai women are quite allowing of the practice but no doubts dislike it,not sure of those with Farang partners,but I know for a fact that many Thai men have the old minor wife MIA NOI.

I'm not talking about Somchai the farmer although I believe it is often common practice in the village setting.

Many high ranking officials in the Police and Army etc as well as teachers,doctors and lawyers partake more so due to financial aspect.

Some of these people live double lives over many years,showering young Thai women with gifts of cars,gold and even property.

The main wife Mia Luang will be accepting due the husbands continual commitment financially and by way of raising the children.

Held in esteem by who? Other vile adulterers and pedophiles leching after under age school girls. Its about time this was eradicated by using harsher penalties.

Oh oh - here comes the moral minoritywhistling.gif

Are you from US Mid west by any chance?

[We can all sign on to abhorence of paedophilia. I may have missed something but I think only you introduced that into the equation. I don't think most of us had an image of an under 18 yo when we were posting].

Pax/joshing - I have no problem with people holding strong beliefs that don't harm others.

Either she's not serious and intends to do the same, therefore, keeping you at arms length from a relationship point of view

Or, more likely, in my opinion, just giving you a little test. Floating it out there to gauge your reaction as to how serious you are towards her. i.e. "no, I don't do that kind of thing" ... can guarantee she is not really endorsing it and wanting you to go ahead and do it

Having a mia noi, kabit, mistress, second-wife, one-on-the-side, etc., is a culturally-common phenomenon in many collective cultures—Asia, Africa, South America, Middle East—all over the world. While many women may not like it, there is little they can do in a male-dominated society. The man's ego coaxes him to have a younger, more attractive woman; and his peers encourage him to do so.

It seems more the right of the financially secure male to have a kept woman; as long as he can take care of his first family. Of course, even poorer men who cannot afford it often have a mia noi. Having a little on-the-side seems a real problem only with the individualized Western cultures; where male dominance has faded, and the court systems met out severe financial punishment.

Do the women, especially Thai, like it? Most, I am sure do not, but they tolerate it—as has been said—because they and their children are still being supported. Some, I am also sure, do like it. They may have fallen out of love with their husbands and the less they have to relate to them the better—as long as the checks keep coming.

The jealous women, I believe, have several bases for their jealousy. Some are more concerned with what they perceive as unrequited love; others their loss of image and embarrassment, still others with the potential decrease in their meal ticket.

Having a relationship where each partner wants only the other, and is truly satisfied in that relationship; is indeed the ideal, if not the rule. As people age, the male is more often still interested in sex, but the woman’s sex drive has diminished—this is very evident in same-age marriages as is the norm in Western individualized cultures.

Look around you at the 70 year old men still seeking sex partners; then see how many septuagenarian women you see chasing. Many younger women; however, tend to follow the lead of the men, and seek extracurricular sexual partners—perhaps striving for equality.

I met an English business man in Pattaya. He had left his Thai wife and kids at home to be out on his own. He was just catching up with some expat friends and also meeting his favourite bar girl. Does your wife mind I asked. She knows I pay for her and look after her well but she does not like it. My Thai wife on the other hand has told me to leave if I want to play around. Before I married her, the Thai uncle had a beer with me. He pointed to his machete. You play around and bring shame on your wife and our village I will kill you. We are best friends now but I am under no illusions as to what will happen to me should I be unfaithful. Not that I have any intentions of doing so. I love my wife and she loves me. simple