Military Coup. Did You Enjoy It?

Donz

Enjoyed the less trafffic on the street the following day. Wish BKK traffic was always that way.

I still can't make sense of why people would want to pose and take pictures in front of a tank or with soldiers.

A military coup has serious consequences, fortuanately notting serious such and injuries and deaths were reported.

The sooner the troops and tanks are off the street the better it is for democracy :o

Yeah. watched it all on TV: Sky, BBC mainly. But the live reports of riots in the centre of Budapest were much more exciting! I think the cops there will all go to training college again, or the commander will be sacked! I don't think they had the faintest idea what they were doing. Even the water cannon ran out of water and was disabled.

Maybe they thought after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the coming of a liberal economy, there'd be no more need for crowd control training!

Off topic? Certainly, but someone said on another thread that it's a quiet night. And it's one world.

It was extremely calm in Phuket .... Other than increased car searches at Central Festival and parking motorcycles outside; I couldn't tell anything was going on! The beginning of Ramadan was a bigger event!

Are you missing the fact you dont live in Bangkok :o